Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ Looking for KMS Beta Files.

UNTIL THEN!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
...This might be a longshot postin here, but, I'd be nice if someone had them..

Does anyone have the Clean 2002 Beta KMS files? You know the one with the hexagon UI, etc.

I have looked and only found one link, but the fools had edited it in 2013, so it worthless.

Halcyon - Looking for KMS Beta Files. - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
wEToWsX - Looking for KMS Beta Files. - RaGEZONE Forums

Oh, by the way, what 2013 edit? There's one on dropbox I downloaded and it was a version of KMS beta that had it's localhost edited in 2013. I reversed the client and started naming subs but I'm too sleep deprived to get in-game staring at CharacterData crap. It has the KMS Beta login bar with the GMS Beta Login UI.

cSaJWf0 - Looking for KMS Beta Files. - RaGEZONE Forums

GZLWkpW - Looking for KMS Beta Files. - RaGEZONE Forums

BV7gfiU - Looking for KMS Beta Files. - RaGEZONE Forums

I wonder now that I think about it, if the one that was edited in 2013 was a modified client.. It has multi-client support, and there was no encryption while the CInPacket::DecryptData subs still exist. There was also a start.bat, so I'll assume someone tried making a server with it. LOL

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Staff member
Reaction score
OldPlanet is still an on-going private server, even on GTOP: . However, seems they are now down. Not sure if down forever.

I am not sure which version they run since I never tried it, but I have the clean files of 1.2.1 (pretty much GMS v40 beta in KMS), which I can upload when I am back home (Wednesday). Here's the directory if you're curious:

377a7126253380b6b029a6512e32f39c - Looking for KMS Beta Files. - RaGEZONE Forums

No date changes in 2013, so these are clean.

Here's some screenshots from 1.2.1 which shows pretty much that its very similar as GMS v40 beta:

ZdJKatY - Looking for KMS Beta Files. - RaGEZONE Forums

g1qR4jN - Looking for KMS Beta Files. - RaGEZONE Forums

sKcXxhx - Looking for KMS Beta Files. - RaGEZONE Forums

Do I have the actual Alpha KMS like OP/Eric shown? No, I don't. I probably soon enough hunt further for it though. I have a lot of dedication and it took me about 3 weeks digging to find a working beta client for an other game that nobody actually had around that time :p

Some randomness about the 1.2.1 client:
-I am not sure if around the time the PC I tried it on was slow, but I think it has no Nexon logo at all at startup and only Wizet, not sure.
-Genders are locked so one account can only be male or female (not sure if GMS v40 had this)
-You login by email (like Eric shown) and not login ID
-No gateway features like GMS v40 had
-No "beta version" in right corner

Things I am curious about:
-Since its the KMS client I wonder if they have the fully working Note system, the one that you actually can save notes, view them, etc that GMS removed almost completely functional wise and removed from the Cash Shop (while they still make a reference to it from a quest at Maple Island -_-)

Everything else is pretty much v40 beta. No HP bar, no beginner skills, no lightbulb (but quests do work), etc.

Some more fun stuff is that it already has a lot in the .wz files: Ludi, LPQ, Zakum, Omega, Mushroom Shrine (even though that came out in JPS first!!), etc... Don't remember if v40 beta had this too (don't have GMS v40 with me right now), but jeez Wizet was so well prepared for future content.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Some randomness about the 1.2.1 client:
-I am not sure if around the time the PC I tried it on was slow, but I think it has no Nexon logo at all at startup and only Wizet, not sure.
-Genders are locked so one account can only be male or female (not sure if GMS v40 had this)
That's not surprising, the ability to choose gender in character creation wasn't added until somewhere around v40/v50. The Nexon logo on startup also came way after gms beta.

Staff member
Reaction score
That's not surprising, the ability to choose gender in character creation wasn't added until somewhere around v40/v50. The Nexon logo on startup also came way after gms beta.

The reason why I wasn't sure is because the Nexon logo is in data, as well as used fine in the KMS alpha ( ), so I probably just remember wrong :p

EDIT: with a lot of videos of 1.2.1.

And and two videos of the alpha

It seems like the Korean community got their hands on the Alpha too already.

EDIT 2:
Another video . This one seems strange. It has the newer login theme, but the old in-game UI, but again the video description says version 1.55. I believe the korean community has hold on the alpha, but a newer version than the one Eric has shown, since his still has the old login theme too.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The reason why I wasn't sure is because the Nexon logo is in data, as well as used fine in the KMS alpha ( ), so I probably just remember wrong :p
Oh? I didn't know they had used the Nexon logo before and removed it. Wonder why, though.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Looks like it's my server (OldPlanet) hehe, yup it has moved to new domain and I forgot to update in gtop100.com.

Anyway, we used that client in 2013/09 ~ 2013/12 days and I still have those, if you want it I could give it to you o.o
Also the client which has southperry login UIs, the video ( ) is recorded by me, and I'm pretty sure that client is at somewhere in my disk (need to look at it)

And also, there were Nexon logo in 2003/06, and in that time MapleStory used KSSN (Korean SSN thingy) which contained gender informations so that's why the genders are locked
Also non-email accounts are supported after big-bang in korea, and there was no reason for gateway - and most of all, there were no BETA in KMS! xD

Staff member
Reaction score
Also the client which has southperry login UIs, the video ( ) is recorded by me, and I'm pretty sure that client is at somewhere in my disk (need to look at it)

Are you willing to upload it once you found them?

Last edited:
Back