Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ Map crash

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have it in my old TrollMS WZ files. If I remember correctly, there's monsters in there and you need to add them along with their Strings into String.wz/Mob.img. It's something with your WZ's, and if it isn't mobs, it could also be missing objects (or even a corrupt XML, though unlikely)

Staff member
Reaction score
Unknown error always means that something in the map isnt in your files (mob, npc)...

When you get invalid pointer its usually something else (forgot tiles, background, tooltips...)

So for your case look at the map, life node and !spawn/!npc everything until you either crash or the spawn does nothing, which means its missing server sided (xml), but most likely also client

Staff member
Reaction score
Map icon is located at Map.wz > Maphelper > Mark

Also, I just realized (cause I was on phone earlier) you wanted add Shanghai. I did that myself awhile back, was fun. This is the map that crashes on you:

NXUqi4z - Map crash - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Staff member
Reaction score
HaCreator loads directly from your .wz files, so if the pilot isn't there, it means the NPC isn't in your NPC.wz. Go with the ID you've found to npc.wz and see if he's there. If not, you found the reason why your map crashes.

Staff member
Reaction score
Not all of them are in the GMS files. When I added Shanghai I had to add a few (about 10) into the client, but this was on v0.62. I just looked at the default v0.83 .wz files and Yang the pilot (9310013) is not inside the .wz files. So look for 9310013 in your Sea's NPC.wz and implement him. I am 90% sure this is the reason why your map crashes, as well as the other maps (different NPC's). The mobs are all in the files, I can confirm that, unless they removed them in v0.83. I know they are there in v0.62.

Back