Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ [Release][Universal] HaRepacker - New version

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello Ragezone. I am haha01haha01, the original creator of HaRepacker. I have recently made a small update to HaRepacker after not touching it for years, however, it seems like most if not all of the MapleStory forums from the old times are dead. The lack of official threads and links to my repacker led to a large confusion and it seems a lot of people are using very old versions of the software or not understanding how certain features work. Additionally, there are multiple forks of HaRepacker along with trojans pretending to be HaRepacker around the internet.

Therefore, I decided to remake the "official HaRepacker thread" here on ragezone, as this board seems pretty formidable and survived for many years.

--

This is the latest HaRepacker version - 4.2.3, which I have just finished today after fixing a couple of bugs.
Download link:
Virus scan:
The archive contains both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) versions. In order to run it you need .NET 3.5 and some Microsoft Visual C++ libraries (there's a good chance you already have them) - see Help.htm inside the archive for download links if HaRepacker does not start.
The source codes for this release are available, as always, on my Google Code projects:
HaSuite:
MapleLib:

You are free to share, redistribute, mirror and reupload this release on other forums and sites as long as you give me credit. For any questions and bug reports, post here or send me a private message.

Last edited by a moderator:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: HaRepacker - New version

Any chance of updating the hacreator? it has erroneous saving feature
HaCreator will most likely never be finished, which is sad because it is an amazing piece of software. My original plan was to finalize and release it over a year and a half ago, however sudden changes in the MapleStory scene (Big Bang and all the game-destroying patches that followed it, mostly) made me quit and lose my motivation for these projects. Seeing how GMS is making the game worse with every patch and getting emptier by the day, it is highly unlikely that I will ever work seriously on my maple software again.

Reaction score
Re: HaRepacker - New version

Whoa, it's like you're back from the grave all of a sudden.
Man, it's so good to see you, even if it is just to officially re-release harepacker and then vanish.
You should totally come hang out with us at #vana on fyrechat IRC.
Anyway, thanks for this release.
Now all the people who are too lazy to checkout your svn and build a copy themselves can simply use your official prebuilt release!
Yay!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for this, does this work with KMS 1.2.169?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The Man who inspired many to create custom servers!

Flow
Reaction score
Wow, a sudden but great release. You realize a lot of us thought you wouldn't make another release right?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This is awesome! Great release, I didn't know you had your code uploaded to Google code.

The bug that makes HaRepacker crash sometimes when exporting files seems to be fixed.
edit: I tested it a bit more, and it still happens, although perhaps not as often.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Whoa, it's like you're back from the grave all of a sudden.
Man, it's so good to see you, even if it is just to officially re-release harepacker and then vanish.
You should totally come hang out with us at #vana on fyrechat IRC.
Anyway, thanks for this release.
Now all the people who are too lazy to checkout your svn and build a copy themselves can simply use your official prebuilt release!
Yay!
Really, #vana is still alive? I'll check it out later

Wow, thanks for this, does this work with KMS 1.2.169?
Yea, but I'm not sure which one of the 3 encryption options you need. There have been a lot of changes lately and I'm not sure which version uses what anymore, this is also why I changed their descriptions in this version. It seems that all versions are slowly moving to the 3rd option (used to be called "BMS").
Wow, a sudden but great release. You realize a lot of us thought you wouldn't make another release right?
Meh, it's not that much of a major release anyway, a friend asked me to fix some bugs so I built it as another version.

This is awesome! Great release, I didn't know you had your code uploaded to Google code.

The bug that makes HaRepacker crash sometimes when exporting files seems to be fixed.
edit: I tested it a bit more, and it still happens, although perhaps not as often.
The exporting bug fix is actually the primary change in this version and should be fixed. If you still get it, post some more details so I can reproduce it (e.g. what exactly were you trying to dump, using which option)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Maybe see if you can fix the JMS encryption on HaRepacker. It uses MSEA/BMS for most of the stuff. But it would be nice to be able to dump the xml in one go.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Maybe see if you can fix the JMS encryption on HaRepacker. It uses MSEA/BMS for most of the stuff. But it would be nice to be able to dump the xml in one go.
IIRC JMS has some weird method where they use one encryption for certain parts and another one for other parts, in the same wz file. This would be very complicated to implement, which is why I've never bothered with it.

Reaction score
IIRC JMS has some weird method where they use one encryption for certain parts and another one for other parts, in the same wz file. This would be very complicated to implement, which is why I've never bothered with it.
The way I handled it in NoLifeWz and NoLifeStory is by decoding the initial string in any given .img using every key and seeing which one results in the string "property" and then using that key for that .img.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The way I handled it in NoLifeWz and NoLifeStory is by decoding the initial string in any given .img using every key and seeing which one results in the string "property" and then using that key for that .img.
That's what maststef did in WzExtract too. I don't like this approach because it is not efficient and very unrobust (what if a string accidentally decodes as valid ASCII characters, but they don't make any sense because it's the wrong encryption? The chance is close to zero, but it still feels unreliable). Also, this approach makes repacking impossible because you don't know which encryption to use when saving new\modified data.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Didn't expect to be hearing from you anytime soon. Good to see that you're back, even if your 'stay' might not be quite long.

Just wanted to say thank you for 'kick-starting' the WZ Editing section of the 'MapleStory Private Server Development Community' since none of my work, nor any of the other WZ Editor's work could be done without your software and hard work.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The exporting bug fix is actually the primary change in this version and should be fixed. If you still get it, post some more details so I can reproduce it (e.g. what exactly were you trying to dump, using which option)

Ok, heres some details:
I was trying to dump GMS v0.2X client .wz files.
I successfully dumped all the XML files, then I wanted to dump the PNG/MP3s. The exact settings I used were "GMS (old)" encryption and then just using the Tools > Export file(s) to > PNG\MP3 button, and selecting all the wz files (except list.wz and base.wz obviously). It successfully without any complaints extracted Character.wz, Effect.wz, Etc.wz, Item.wz, but when it gets to Map.wz when it's about 90% done it crashes. I've retried it many times, it consistently happens on Map.wz, I've tried using options other than exporting files (like exporting selection). I think it also happens on other files if I skip Map.wz, like Mob.wz. I'm not sure what other details I can post than this.

I don't understand why the bug occurs, but it seems to happen when it reaches a specific file, wouldn't it be possible to add a simple try catch statement when exporting files, and if it has an error then just skip that specific file and continue with the rest of the .wz file. Well, that's just my idea. I don't even know why it happens.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Any one could give me another download link?
My isp ban "mediafire".

Back