Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    True MemberRank
    Feb 2011 Join Date
    TorontoLocation
    529Posts

Re: [Release][Universal] HaRepacker - New version

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

I haven't done any "serious" WZ editing in years. However, during the time that I did, I figured that JMS had some weird things going on. As haha01haha01 mentioned, their encryption is different from other versions as in it can't easily be predicted, hence the support for JMS is kinda mediocre. HaRepacker may be able to open one JMS WZ file, and be unable to open the others. Or sometimes, more than one encryption is used in the same WZ file. And the second thing that I realized is that many of JMS's "exclusive" sounds exceed the "typical" bit rate from GMS/SEA/KMS. I can't recall any from the top of my head as it's been years, but I remember seeing a few of their login screen music having bit rates that were higher than those of GMS/SEA/KMS. Anyways, back in the days, we had to insert a certain HEX string for certain bit rates. Perhaps, you should try experimenting and figuring out what HEX String you should insert for the bit rate of that sound.

As for the "FAIL" sign, I think it'd be located in Effect.wz. Probably Effect.wz > BasicEff.img. Not certain as I haven't done any WZ editing recently. I am just taking a guess here. Also, what are you planning to do with this? Are you trying to WZ edit jobs in? The best you can do is a skill cover rather than adding an entire job.
    Last edited by Dynamik; 13-06-13 at 01:39 PM.

InactiveRank
    Jun 2013 Join Date
    4Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamik View Post
    I haven't done any "serious" WZ editing in years. However, during the time that I did, I figured that JMS had some weird things going on. As haha01haha01 mentioned, their encryption is different from other versions as in it can't easily be predicted, hence the support for JMS is kinda mediocre. HaRepacker may be able to open one JMS WZ file, and be unable to open the others. Or sometimes, more than one encryption is used in the same WZ file. And the second thing that I realized is that many of JMS's "exclusive" sounds exceed the "typical" bit rate from GMS/SEA/KMS. I can't recall any from the top of my head as it's been years, but I remember seeing a few of their login screen music having bit rates that were higher than those of GMS/SEA/KMS. Anyways, back in the days, we had to insert a certain HEX string for certain bit rates. Perhaps, you should try experimenting and figuring out what HEX String you should insert for the bit rate of that sound.

As for the "FAIL" sign, I think it'd be located in Effect.wz. Probably Effect.wz > BasicEff.img. Not certain as I haven't done any WZ editing recently. I am just taking a guess here. Also, what are you planning to do with this? Are you trying to WZ edit jobs in? The best you can do is a skill cover rather than adding an entire job.
    Well, the thing is we are trying to modify MSEA voice files, we tried using Audacity converted audio files with the same bitrate as MSEA client's original file so we are not really dealing with JMS files anymore, and even tried exporting and reimporting the same ORIGINAL file but the problem still persisted.

Rather than trying to edit jobs in(we are modifying wz files for use for the OFFICIAL service), I think he's trying to fix client sided bugs since Asiasoft, which is MSEA's distributor, has a nasty track record of bad translations and poorly implemented buggy patches and the latest patch is no different, most notably our version's Evolution System's interface with off centered text and buttons and even lots of untranslated text showing up as question marks.

True MemberRank
    Feb 2011 Join Date
    TorontoLocation
    529Posts

I see. Fortunately for you guys, I had a v134 GMS Setup on my computer, so I installed it, and checked out some Angelic Burster stuff. I've found the "Fail" effect when the soul battery is completely depleted. It is located in:

Effect.wz > BasicEff.img > RechargeFail

As for the other stuff, I will get back to you on that.

EDIT: Here is a GMS Skill.img from Sound.wz: https://mega.co.nz/#!vpRUCSgI!HlyTog...9p9GK70f5rd03g

Try replacing your Skill.img in Sound.wz with this. Remember to keep a backup just in case it doesn't work!
    Last edited by Dynamik; 14-06-13 at 12:45 AM.

ModeratorRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    VanaLocation
    675Posts

I find it kind of odd that MapleStory uses that extra header data to determine how to play mp3 audio. With NoLifeStory I've always been able to just skip the header and pass the mp3 data directly to whatever mp3 library I had and it would work perfectly. I suppose the only way to fix this problem, short of simply switching to NoLifeStory, would be to add methods to maplelib2 and harepacker to access this extra header information.

InactiveRank
    Jun 2013 Join Date
    7Posts

@LordKeima has already explained why we're doing this, so I won't repeat what he said.

I haven't done any "serious" WZ editing in years. However, during the time that I did, I figured that JMS had some weird things going on. As haha01haha01 mentioned, their encryption is different from other versions as in it can't easily be predicted, hence the support for JMS is kinda mediocre.
    I'm aware about that, but so far it seems to be fine on my end (Haven't found anything that won't be unpacked properly, although I won't say that their files will be repacked properly).

And the second thing that I realized is that many of JMS's "exclusive" sounds exceed the "typical" bit rate from GMS/SEA/KMS. I can't recall any from the top of my head as it's been years, but I remember seeing a few of their login screen music having bit rates that were higher than those of GMS/SEA/KMS. Anyways, back in the days, we had to insert a certain HEX string for certain bit rates. Perhaps, you should try experimenting and figuring out what HEX String you should insert for the bit rate of that sound.
    HaRepacker seems to be doing that automatically nowadays. Hence my experiment on HaRepacker was with adjusting this header that it automatically inserts.

The sample rate field is being taken care of by HaRepacker, but there are only a handful of other values that seem to be different from the normal BGM sounds (see my post above).

I've replaced the login screen BGM with the OP of Neptune MkII and it works properly, so I realized that it wasn't a problem with the sample rate or bit rate being different (or even the fact that it was encoded by a different tool from the one they used). Plus it also means that HaRepacker is handling BGM MP3s properly, at least.

I see. Fortunately for you guys, I had a v134 GMS Setup on my computer, so I installed it, and checked out some Angelic Burster stuff. I've found the "Fail" effect when the soul battery is completely depleted. It is located in:

Effect.wz > BasicEff.img > RechargeFail

As for the other stuff, I will get back to you on that.

EDIT: Here is a GMS Skill.img from Sound.wz: https://mega.co.nz/#!vpRUCSgI!HlyTog...9p9GK70f5rd03g

Try replacing your Skill.img in Sound.wz with this. Remember to keep a backup just in case it doesn't work!
    Thank you!

EDIT: Replacing Skill.img does nothing. :(

I did find the RechargeFail animation in the JMS Effect.wz file, but copying it over to the SEA equivalent does nothing... meaning that a more significant mod needs to be done (Which requires a skill that I haven't acquired yet).

EDIT: Not really meaning to rant here... but I'm curious to know: in GMS, there aren't a huge number of typos? In SEA, nearly all the dialogs have a problem with the apostrophe character replaced with a 'f' instead, and there are grammatical errors in some dialogs.

Tear once said "Are you hungries again?". D:

Not to mention that the game became really, really unstable after the Angelic Buster patch.

Quote Originally Posted by retep998 View Post
    I find it kind of odd that MapleStory uses that extra header data to determine how to play mp3 audio. With NoLifeStory I've always been able to just skip the header and pass the mp3 data directly to whatever mp3 library I had and it would work perfectly. I suppose the only way to fix this problem, short of simply switching to NoLifeStory, would be to add methods to maplelib2 and harepacker to access this extra header information.
    I did notice that the normal skill sounds are headerless waveform sounds (not MP3s, so haRepacker partially backfires when dealing with them), so perhaps that was why they designed their storage file format to have a mandatory header in front of their sound files.

HaRepacker inserts the same static header for every file it deals with, which is why this probably isn't going to work well if some fields vary depending on the purpose of the inserted sound.
    Last edited by sp193; 14-06-13 at 06:25 AM.

ModeratorRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    VanaLocation
    675Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sp193 View Post
    I did notice that the normal skill sounds are headerless waveform sounds (not MP3s, so haRepacker partially backfires when dealing with them), so perhaps that was why they designed their storage file format to have a mandatory header in front of their sound files.
    Wait, really?
    What's the path to one of these example sounds, and version/region for that matter? I need to check this out for myself.

InactiveRank
    Jun 2013 Join Date
    7Posts

Wait, really?
    What's the path to one of these example sounds, and version/region for that matter? I need to check this out for myself.
    In JMS, the Angelic Buster's skill sounds under Sound.wz/skill.img/65****** are all headerless WAV files. They have a sample rate of 22050 Hz, and are signed 16-bit, mono samples. HaRepacker can't play these files (either no sound is played or you get an exception), but extracting them and reading them with Audacity as raw audio data works.

SEA v1.3.1 doesn't seem to have the same files. They are regular MP3s in there.

I'm using JMS v3.1.2. Other skill sounds seem to be headerless WAV files as well, although I didn't check every single one of them.

EDIT: To elaborate, the extracted files do not seem to have a valid header, hence why I said that they are headerless. If they are compressed MP3s, Audacity wouldn't have been able to play them back as they wouldn't be valid sound samples (you'll just get noise).
    Last edited by sp193; 14-06-13 at 06:16 AM.

True MemberRank
    Feb 2011 Join Date
    TorontoLocation
    529Posts

EDIT: Replacing Skill.img does nothing. :(

I did find the RechargeFail animation in the JMS Effect.wz file, but copying it over to the SEA equivalent does nothing... meaning that a more significant mod needs to be done (Which requires a skill that I haven't acquired yet).

EDIT: Not really meaning to rant here... but I'm curious to know: in GMS, there aren't a huge number of typos? In SEA, nearly all the dialogs have a problem with the apostrophe character replaced with a 'f' instead, and there are grammatical errors in some dialogs.

Tear once said "Are you hungries again?". D:

Not to mention that the game became really, really unstable after the Angelic Buster patch.
    What do you mean that replacing it does nothing? As in there is no sound whatsoever, or what's the case here?

Also, for the recharge fail, if the effect is not showing up, it means that the client doesn't have the information to know where to load the 'recharge fail' effect from. In other words, it would require a client edit, which we are unable to do. At least, 99% of us are unable to do. :P

Also, to answer you, in GMS, we do have a few mistakes, but it is still WAY better than SEA.

In JMS, the Angelic Buster's skill sounds under Sound.wz/skill.img/65****** are all headerless WAV files. They have a sample rate of 22050 Hz, and are signed 16-bit, mono samples. HaRepacker can't play these files (either no sound is played or you get an exception), but extracting them and reading them with Audacity as raw audio data works.
    I have checked the sound files that you stated for GMS. And I've found that they are headerless MP3 files.
    Last edited by Dynamik; 14-06-13 at 12:56 PM.

InactiveRank
    Jun 2013 Join Date
    7Posts

What do you mean that replacing it does nothing? As in there is no sound whatsoever, or what's the case here?
    Exactly. Still no sound when the soul battery depletes and recharges, at least it seemed that way to me.

Also, for the recharge fail, if the effect is not showing up, it means that the client doesn't have the information to know where to load the 'recharge fail' effect from. In other words, it would require a client edit, which we are unable to do. At least, 99% of us are unable to do. :P
    If you really mean that the main executable of the client has to be modded, it won't be possible for us anyway since we're on the official service and they check the client's integrity (according to my understanding so far).

Also, to answer you, in GMS, we do have a few mistakes, but it is still WAY better than SEA.
    I noticed that they have some quests (From Edelstein) that have times written in PDT, so I believed at one point that they copied the files from GMS. I guess not.

I have checked the sound files that you stated for GMS. And I've found that they are headerless MP3 files.
    Pardon me if you actually know what you're talking about here (I'm assuming that you assumed that they are headerless because they look headerless), but MP3 files may look headerless because they really don't have a header. I don't know... if the format is headerless, can we consider them headerless (when we say something is "headerless", it usually means that the header is missing when it is usually present)? :P

If they are MP3s, it means that you're seeing the same thing that I'm seeing for the SEA client. Which probably means that only JMS has them. :/

(But, since I usually don't deal with MP3 files, please correct me if I'm wrong here... and that MP3 files can actually have a header)

Thank you for sharing!

ModeratorRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    VanaLocation
    675Posts

When I tested those sounds using GMS v135 with NoLifeStory, they were not mp3 data and libmpg123 would choke on them and refuse to play them. When I instead sent the data as is to the sound system as raw samples, it played just fine, although I manually had to specify sample rate and channel count.

InactiveRank
    Jun 2013 Join Date
    7Posts

When I tested those sounds using GMS v135 with NoLifeStory, they were not mp3 data and libmpg123 would choke on them and refuse to play them. When I instead sent the data as is to the sound system as raw samples, it played just fine, although I manually had to specify sample rate and channel count.
    Hmm... this makes me think that they were headerless waveform data files (e.g. those .WAV files without their headers) instead. If they were MP3 streams, you should have just gotten some noise instead.

Unless, you specified that the data is encoded as MP3. If you didn't have such an option, I suppose that we can assume that the system played the data as raw waveform data.

If that is the case, then yes... GMS has headerless, uncompressed audio data.

MemberRank
    Jun 2013 Join Date
    Canada, eh?Location
    39Posts

Can someone help me with this error harepacker 3.5 :S
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	help.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	134400

InactiveRank
    Jun 2013 Join Date
    7Posts

Quote Originally Posted by biomagical View Post

Have you tried using the latest version of HaRepacker yet? A lot of things get changed in-between releases.

Also, please elaborate on what you're trying to do.

MemberRank
    Jun 2013 Join Date
    Canada, eh?Location
    39Posts

Have you tried using the latest version of HaRepacker yet? A lot of things get changed in-between releases.

Also, please elaborate on what you're trying to do.
    I open character.wz :/
    I tried the newer version and I have a completely different issue >.>

ModeratorRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    VanaLocation
    675Posts

Quote Originally Posted by biomagical View Post

See the dropdown that says GMS? Change it to something else and load the WZ file again.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Advertisement