Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Huh? o-o, the login only took like a few days to do iirc.. you can animate a login without client edits, but you can't reorganize the entire layout of the login panel without client edits, which is was what was done here.

Can you show me how to edit the client :3 I want to animate the background with a boss fight via frames of our latest custom boss.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Well actually you don't need client edits to animate lol. Just do it how you would do it in any other map.
Well, I need to reposition some stuff. I might have an idea of what to do but it would be helpful if he could help me if i failed.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello! ​​I come from Taiwan
My english is not good
This is my recent works
I hope you like it :)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I recent attention PaulDev published the UI
This is really impressive so I try to make a similar UI
Use the KMS UI and use Photoshop to edit picture actions
Hope everyone like it.

How did u change Speed & Jump cap?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
His speed and jump stats are valid in that client version, but the cap can be modified by changing the client itself. You can modify your physics to make you walk faster and jump higher by editing Physics.img within your Map.wz files.

This has been bothering me for a long time...
so, Thanks for your kindness <33

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd show off some of the latest things I've been working on for DEV, something MapleStory has needed for a long while now.

We all know of the legendary Eric Class, amirite?

Well, with some debugging of the client and dealing with the annoyances of several code-caves, it has become infinitely possible. Introducing the Eric Class! A real, new custom class in DEV with actual skills added into the client. It's still a work in progress as I have to figure out what I want to make Jump do (I was thinking something similar to Pirates' Wings though), plus I need to add the Camouflage and Eric Blessing skills as well. It's more of just displaying the possibility of adding your own custom classes and skills into the game rather than the use of simply skill covers.
BU7OXQ - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

Little GIF showing it in action:

Another upgrade you'll notice here is the HD screen resolution on the client, giving a new view of pre-BB in a 1024x768 style. Ignore the UI though, it's only a template while it's still being revamped to the UI's new dimensions/layout.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Staff member
Reaction score
Is the expanded minimap unique too or did v90 always had that? Actually noticed that first and looks cool! And if latter is it 2 settings (closed or expanded) or 3 which means closed, 'normal' and the 'full map screen'?

Still not personally biggest fan of the UI itself, I probably would have liked to see a vanilla pre-bb UI in 1024x768 but I am not really a fan of completely custom UI edits, just not my taste :3

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Is the expanded minimap unique too or did v90 always had that? Actually noticed that first and looks cool! And if latter is it 2 settings (closed or expanded) or 3 which means closed, 'normal' and the 'full map screen'?

Still not personally biggest fan of the UI itself, I probably would have liked to see a vanilla pre-bb UI in 1024x768 but I am not really a fan of completely custom UI edits, just not my taste :3

The minimap was just one of the many modifications done when Nexon had increased the resolution, so it's unique as well. It's still the same 2 modes minimized and maximized :p

Well, that's not really possible to achieve because you have to modify it in order to fit the new dimensions. In v93, Nexon added new keys into the client's status bar. However, our design choice was to instead increase the sizes of the HP, MP, and EXP bars to have them designer longer. This lets us keep the original layout and fill in the gaps. When it comes to the UI though, I personally disliked this era of the interface. I much more prefer the initial Alpha UI (in the KMS Alpha clients), and also the original BigBang UI (just better taste in colors imo).

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah so the bigger resolution is actually not completely custom but like usual Nexon already had code for it within the client to prepare it for big bang? Once again, cool. In which version did they actually started prepare it? I think you said in past that its also possible in v83 already, but not sure if v83's way would be dirtier than the way you did it in v90.

And yeah, everyone have their preferences I suppose. I actually like the big bang UI too, but it makes sense you went custom or else it would look like you are just a Big Bang server. Though at same time BB UI + interface with pre-big bang functionality and skill functions sounds pretty neat if you think about it.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ah so the bigger resolution is actually not completely custom but like usual Nexon already had code for it within the client to prepare it for big bang? Once again, cool. In which version did they actually started prepare it? I think you said in past that its also possible in v83 already, but not sure if v83's way would be dirtier than the way you did it in v90.

And yeah, everyone have their preferences I suppose. I actually like the big bang UI too, but it makes sense you went custom or else it would look like you are just a Big Bang server. Though at same time BB UI + interface with pre-big bang functionality and skill functions sounds pretty neat if you think about it.

Haha, not quite. The way the minimap is being Drawn by the client was restricting and resizing it. The client doesn't actually support this, so you have to do the math and calculate (with the new dimensions) the origins and sizes the minimap can reach. In fact, all-in-all it took over 350 client address modifications and lots of math in order to achieve a fully working resolution, so it's not a simple process. The sad part is, I still have a lot to go actually because I need to adjust the defaulted center origin of a lot more dialogues. :( It's insane thinking about the amount of changes to the client alone that's been done though, I think the total client addresses modified overall in DEV is just shy of a thousand. Oh, and you can actually update the resolution in any client version, even 62 for example. You just need a LOT of motivation and time because it's a huge project to get done. As you can tell, Nexon didn't even prepare in v90, which is why I was stuck modifying hundreds of addresses.

OT: Behold, my epic jump ability!
MYWrpAW - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

Preview:

EDIT: Finished up Eric Class, just needs some server-side implementation/packets for things of course :)
mspMxb9 - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score
Very very cool than! Will surely check it out once your server is live, always wanted to experience pre-BB in a higher resolution.

Keep up the great work!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Haha, not quite. The way the minimap is being Drawn by the client was restricting and resizing it. The client doesn't actually support this, so you have to do the math and calculate (with the new dimensions) the origins and sizes the minimap can reach. In fact, all-in-all it took over 350 client address modifications and lots of math in order to achieve a fully working resolution, so it's not a simple process. The sad part is, I still have a lot to go actually because I need to adjust the defaulted center origin of a lot more dialogues. :( It's insane thinking about the amount of changes to the client alone that's been done though, I think the total client addresses modified overall in DEV is just shy of a thousand. Oh, and you can actually update the resolution in any client version, even 62 for example. You just need a LOT of motivation and time because it's a huge project to get done. As you can tell, Nexon didn't even prepare in v90, which is why I was stuck modifying hundreds of addresses.

OT: Behold, my epic jump ability!
MYWrpAW - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

Preview:

EDIT: Finished up Eric Class, just needs some server-side implementation/packets for things of course :)
mspMxb9 - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

Very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very cool ~

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
All-in-all it took over 350 client address modifications and lots of math in order to achieve a fully working resolution, so it's not a simple process. The sad part is, I still have a lot to go actually because I need to adjust the defaulted center origin of a lot more dialogues. :( It's insane thinking about the amount of changes to the client alone that's been done though, I think the total client addresses modified overall in DEV is just shy of a thousand. Oh, and you can actually update the resolution in any client version, even 62 for example. You just need a LOT of motivation and time because it's a huge project to get done. As you can tell, Nexon didn't even prepare in v90, which is why I was stuck modifying hundreds of addresses.
Challenge accepted :'D

In regard to your modifications and your custom Eric Class, that's honestly so impressive. :') I never even considered these modifications something feasible to start working on before your post lol

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Some simple UI stuff I've been experimenting with for a while. Still a lot to do, like the buttons and a few more window elements, but it's soon complete. Not sure if I want to edit the statusbar just yet, I've only done some minor adjustments to it so far. It'll be an optional UI for the server.

Vakarian - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

Some UI elements (if not all) seem to be configured to use a low color bit depth, because images compress severely when inserted into Maple. So don't use super fancy gradients in the UI.wz I guess ^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
These are my works
i add new boss and modified it to work with just wz :):

lucid phase 1

lucid phase 2

suu phase 2

Last edited:
Back