Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I thought I'd show off some of the latest things I've been working on for DEV, something MapleStory has needed for a long while now.

We all know of the legendary Eric Class, amirite?

Well, with some debugging of the client and dealing with the annoyances of several code-caves, it has become infinitely possible. Introducing the Eric Class! A real, new custom class in DEV with actual skills added into the client. It's still a work in progress as I have to figure out what I want to make Jump do (I was thinking something similar to Pirates' Wings though), plus I need to add the Camouflage and Eric Blessing skills as well. It's more of just displaying the possibility of adding your own custom classes and skills into the game rather than the use of simply skill covers.
BU7OXQ - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

Little GIF showing it in action:

Another upgrade you'll notice here is the HD screen resolution on the client, giving a new view of pre-BB in a 1024x768 style. Ignore the UI though, it's only a template while it's still being revamped to the UI's new dimensions/layout.

A higher resolution pre big bang? An entirely new class? this is huge. I'm extremely impressed! I've been looking everywhere for these. I didn't even know it was possible. You're probably the first one to do it. Hopefully we'll see these more in the future because honestly this is amazing.

Some simple UI stuff I've been experimenting with for a while. Still a lot to do, like the buttons and a few more window elements, but it's soon complete. Not sure if I want to edit the statusbar just yet, I've only done some minor adjustments to it so far. It'll be an optional UI for the server.

Vakarian - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

Some UI elements (if not all) seem to be configured to use a low color bit depth, because images compress severely when inserted into Maple. So don't use super fancy gradients in the UI.wz I guess ^^

This looks very well! I really appreciate good reskins. I love the HP & MP bars. Keep going!

This is something I've just started working on, and it's not nearly as impressive as some of the other edits that are showcased here but I'm gonna post it anyway because I think it looks nice. MS never had seasonal changes to main towns. Sure, it added a new platform here and there but new events were usually celebrated in new towns. So I decided to make a Snowy Henesys, because why not.

Vakarian - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

By the way I made this by using existing assets, I have no idea how to pixel. I know some of those aren't cropped perfectly but I'll make more adjustments as I go along. For now it's frozen mushrooms, a tree & sign covered in snow.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Pink Bean class on v83 almost identical as the one in the GMS event.
As usual it's a job cover up.

AjVittV - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

PBTb6SX - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Decided to add Attack On Titan Event onto my server :8:

gs1y0BG - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A fully custom animated D.Va mount based off Overwatch from Blizzard ENT.

2XW0qZT - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

And a custom boss in work! kaneki based off Tokyo Ghoul the Anime.

8m68lai - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Been working with a friend of me on a custom black mage boss for a month or a little more than that. It has 6 attacks and 3 of the boss' attacks are custom sprited while the 3 remaining are effects from MapleStory itself.

NoFcF3S - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

Short gif for 3 of it's attacks: - Still need to work around the delays on certain frames and whatnot.

Attachments

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I thought I'd show off some of the latest things I've been working on for DEV, something MapleStory has needed for a long while now.

We all know of the legendary Eric Class, amirite?

Well, with some debugging of the client and dealing with the annoyances of several code-caves, it has become infinitely possible. Introducing the Eric Class! A real, new custom class in DEV with actual skills added into the client. It's still a work in progress as I have to figure out what I want to make Jump do (I was thinking something similar to Pirates' Wings though), plus I need to add the Camouflage and Eric Blessing skills as well. It's more of just displaying the possibility of adding your own custom classes and skills into the game rather than the use of simply skill covers.
BU7OXQ - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

Little GIF showing it in action:

Another upgrade you'll notice here is the HD screen resolution on the client, giving a new view of pre-BB in a 1024x768 style. Ignore the UI though, it's only a template while it's still being revamped to the UI's new dimensions/layout.

Have you created a full class yet? I'm very interested as are many others, I'm sure.

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Two of my favorite custom maps made :)
#map.wz v83 "water stream workaround"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I used to go under the alias ''VenemW'' and posted crappy edits but I lost my login details and was unable to get them back so new account, yay..
Anyways, here's something I've started making when I have time off work or school. It's a lot of maps based on the anime ''Noragami Aragoto'' and it includes both NPC'S and mobs from the anime but also my own custom creations mixed with my own story. It does not follow the actual anime but it does feature custom quests and daily quests. The main quest rewards Yato's sword Sekki.
Below the screenshots i'll post what the maps feature. The maps are not final and changes can happen. The story only takes place in a forest.

fLYtT9K - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

WrrnHC7 - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

d9GlUmI - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

NPCS:
Yato
Nora
Rabo
Hiyori

Mobs:
Phantom Wolves
Phantom Ashe's
Hidden secret boss
Fat Nobody from Kingdom Hearts (Might not be included by the end)

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
:8:Buccaneer X Ark job coverup:cool:

So a while ago I had one of my buddies sprite the ark character for me so I could make Buccaneer into Ark. I used to have a pink bean job coverup instead but that got plain and boring really fast. I have made it into a really fast DPS class so you can basically use the arm claw to hook enemies to you then do big AOE afterwards. It is very heavy for the v83 client but it's still worth it.

1o8DxEc - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

-> video

Attachments

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
boop
tpFdEwC - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

2btVcWw - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

F3jAWlZ - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

qVq70DN - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

Don't know how to separate the 3 buttons on the right (or know if that's even possible) in order to keep the Start button on the right and the other 2 buttons on the bottom like on GMS. My client editing isn't jesus level yet so I had to make some Paint workarounds :d

Attachments

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
boop
tpFdEwC - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

2btVcWw - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

F3jAWlZ - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

qVq70DN - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

Don't know how to separate the 3 buttons on the right (or know if that's even possible) in order to keep the Start button on the right and the other 2 buttons on the bottom like on GMS. My client editing isn't jesus level yet so I had to make some Paint workarounds :d

That's probably the best login customization I've seen on a v83 client before, nice work! This beats the same image cover-ups that has been done for the past decade, finally image placement in the client has been moved around to make it look even better :)

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
CUSTOM CHAIRS! :cool:
Quality as always.

Credits to my teammate over at MapleMation for taking his time to sprite those chairs for my server.

Chakra Kurama
F6CMgRS - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

Susano'o
qko0xrG - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

Video of them both animated ->

Attachments

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Updated login screen
xn3qdgL - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

OfmWw0H - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

UWLaXvP - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

8yORcTV - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

This is pretty much the final version I'll be going with, except I feel I'd want to revert the PIC section in the long run - I thought the KMST PIC was cute so I tried to pixel art it and see if it looked nice.

Other things I've edited:
80uikD5 - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

NqNarL9 - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

aYXQIXQ - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

dP9yMC9 - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

SnDW9UR - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

uBaGfdW - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

k0SNeh1 - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

AKWmI9X - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

The only things I can say here is that I only know how to mess around with origins - certain things like the Medal section in the CharInfo don't actually work. It was specifically made for my server which means only 1 medal will show at a time - I don't know how to pull images from WZ instead of only text how it is on a normal v83. Secondly, I realized the buttons on the keyboard are actually at the bottom instead of the middle, but I'm too lazy to fix ~40 addresses to make it more like GMS. Plus, it looks decently good for now. Lastly, the pet tabs don't actually auto-turn yellow when you click on one. It can only be yellow when you hover over it since I'm not a god-level client editor to just be able to magically change the functions of the pet "tabs" in the CharInfo and make them function exactly like on GMS :closedeyes:

Other than that, I tried to make them as close to GMS as possible. If certain things are off, I probably did my own twist to it in order to please my own eyes :angel2:

Attachments

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Updated login screen
xn3qdgL - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

OfmWw0H - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

8yORcTV - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

This is pretty much the final version I'll be going with, except I feel I'd want to revert the PIC section in the long run - I thought the KMST PIC was cute so I tried to pixel art it and see if it looked nice.

Other things I've edited:
80uikD5 - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

NqNarL9 - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

aYXQIXQ - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

dP9yMC9 - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

SnDW9UR - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

UrBTluV - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

IM5j2c8 - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

RpVhcSG - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

The only things I can say here is that I only know how to mess around with origins - certain things like the Medal section in the CharInfo don't actually work. It was specifically made for my server which means only 1 medal will show at a time - I don't know how to pull images from WZ instead of only text how it is on a normal v83. Secondly, I realized the buttons on the keyboard are actually at the bottom instead of the middle, but I'm too lazy to fix ~40 addresses to make it more like GMS. Plus, it looks decently good for now. Lastly, the pet tabs don't actually auto-turn yellow when you click on one. It can only be yellow when you hover over it since I'm not a god-level client editor to just be able to magically change the functions of the pet "tabs" in the CharInfo and make them function exactly like on GMS :closedeyes:

Other than that, I tried to make them as close to GMS as possible. If certain things are off, I probably did my own twist to it in order to please my own eyes :angel2:

WOOOOOOWWW!!!! NICE, GOOD JOB!! :w00t:

Attachments

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Last one for a while since I'm all out of ideas. Sorry for the spam! And as I've stated for the 9342th time, I'm not god so not everything will be perfect but I try.
I decided to put the hideous Job thing on the StatusBar because I play a rebirth server where you're constantly changing your job and it would come in handy to be able to see your job right at the bottom, otherwise I'd have removed it completely as I did the exp bar since exp is basically irrelevant on a rebirth server: )

fRaMfd2 - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

3TIzLV4 - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

QBJ01Z7 - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

6WEkQoI - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

kyZTcFB - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

sgP8E1s - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

iMM3HMr - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

gu3ISQU - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

qkeHtyo - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

Gi1l4kM - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

Updated Keyboard bindings and a few small details on the login screen.

Edit: If I edit anything new I'll just add it here lol. I'm feeling kinda spammy

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Last one for a while since I'm all out of ideas. Sorry for the spam! And as I've stated for the 9342th time, I'm not god so not everything will be perfect but I try.
I decided to put the hideous Job thing on the StatusBar because I play a rebirth server where you're constantly changing your job and it would come in handy to be able to see your job right at the bottom, otherwise I'd have removed it completely as I did the exp bar since exp is basically irrelevant on a rebirth server: )

avWeW4u - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

6PfkbL3 - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

kyZTcFB - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

sgP8E1s - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

iMM3HMr - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

gu3ISQU - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

qkeHtyo - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

Gi1l4kM - [Showcase] WZ Editing Showcase Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

Great job! Looks VERY similar to the latest GMS UI.

Is this purely WZ edits or did you also have to client edit some things?

Attachments

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Is this purely WZ edits or did you also have to client edit some things?

The UI and images themselves were done through WZ, but the origin/placement of everything was done through client edits

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The UI and images themselves were done through WZ, but the origin/placement of everything was done through client edits

Hello,

You is a owner of MapleKey?, i am very impressed with the wz edit of your server.
I don't know if you can release or sell it?
I like it very much and i hope to receive feedback from you.
Thank you!

Back