Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ WZ Editing Problem

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, I'm helping a friend develop a server (not saying the name for certain reasons) and I encountered quite a confusing problem. I'll explain what I did.

I took the item ID "1452148" which looks like a normal Metus, but when you equip it, turns into an orange-yellow spirit-like bow. I changed the String.wz file to name it "Chris's Spirit Bow" with no description. I then changed the Character.wz to make it have the following stats:

Chris's Spirit Bow
+5000 Str/Dex/Int/Luk
200 Weapon Attack / Magic Attack
0 Upgrade Slots

And I did the exact same thing to the item "1472160" which is the claw version. Then I did this to 5 accessories, which had a name originally, just not an English name. The accessory IDs are "1113056", "1032201", "1122259", "1012414", and "1022195". I named these the Transcendent Accessories "Transcendent (piece of equip)", and gave them half the above stats and didn't modify anything else other than setting "tradeBlock" to 0 to enable trading and setting reqJob on all modified equipment to 0 to enable all job usage.

Now, here's the problem. I exported the character XML and string XML and added it to the server files, and yet the accessories worked fine... But the weapons were completely removed from existance. I checked the XML files to make sure that their file copied over, and it was there. I sat for hours comparing the accessory to the weapons to find a difference maker, but I couldn't think of one. So, here I am asking you guys. I'm truly stumped on why this is because only some of them worked, while others didn't. Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry about the double post.

I figured out the problem, and I feel incredibly stupid for not noticing this sooner.
The transcendent stuff I created worked fine because I didn't add any new nodes, just changed the existing ones.
The weapons did NOT work because I had to add new nodes, and I just realized I added the wrong type of node.
I didn't realize there was an integer type of node, and I thought all the numbers were handled by "Double", and I was sadly mistaken...
After changing them all to "WzCompressedIntProperty", it worked fine. Geez... I feel stupid lol.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I think you use an version that have items loaded in the database. If so use the dump-items.bat again, reload the server and poof poof~! the items should work :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Like I already posted in my edit, I figured out this problem already. I was creating the stats in a "double" format which is invalid. I should have been using "CompressedInt" which is an integer, a number. It was a simple error that had eluded me for days until I saw that.

Back