Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ If youre still alive ...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If haha01haha still alive dis is for you or any other developer who can edit the harepacker,
Okay so its kinda annoying to log off and log in when you test something , my idea is to add simulator that shows on your player how it will be , its possible to do that ?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@Regev,

1) If you are asking for a custom client specifically for testing wz instead of opening the game to test functionality, it would take a painstakingly ridiculous level of effort to replicate the entirety of the game MapleStory in the extreme extent of writing support for each version, every wz change, and multi region support, and without these near impossible features it'd still be mostly useless to the majority of people. MapleStory is a niche market anymore.. I imagine accounting for all of the potential client errors for that is too far fetched. Especially if its just "kinda annoying" for you..
If you really want to test it without worrying about dc then continue to test MapleStory itself each time. Idk.

2) If you were asking for something more to the effect of a BannedStory clone, which reads from wz which has a white background, no login, doesn't dc, written for testing the x and y of.. where a hair style would show up top of an avatar.. positioning wouldn't (always) require testing the actual client (using convoluted trial and error is time consuming)

Sorry for the confusion, but I don't know what exactly is being asked.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Regev,

1) If you are asking for a custom client specifically for testing wz instead of opening the game to test functionality, it would take a painstakingly ridiculous level of effort to replicate the entirety of the game MapleStory in the extreme extent of writing support for each version, every wz change, and multi region support, and without these near impossible features it'd still be mostly useless to the majority of people. MapleStory is a niche market anymore.. I imagine accounting for all of the potential client errors for that is too far fetched. Especially if its just "kinda annoying" for you..
If you really want to test it without worrying about dc then continue to test MapleStory itself each time. Idk.

2) If you were asking for something more to the effect of a BannedStory clone, which reads from wz which has a white background, no login, doesn't dc, written for testing the x and y of.. where a hair style would show up top of an avatar.. positioning wouldn't (always) require testing the actual client (using convoluted trial and error is time consuming)

Sorry for the confusion, but I don't know what exactly is being asked.

I think he's talking about something similar to HaCreator in which after you've designed your map, you can enter "simulation" and walk around the map to see how it would look. He wants a "simulator" in HaRepacker that could load an item on a character I assume, though this would be more silly because of the amount of items versus a map you've designed. But if he wants to see a Nexon designed item, he has bannedstory. If he's using custom-sprited items, then technically the designer should know how to place their design/sprited item onto a maplestory character body in the first place.

Oh, and @OP, anyone can edit HaRepacker as it is open-source. If you wish to add this simulation, you could very well do so yourself. Take a look at haha's latest stickied thread to see the repo for HaSuite and the libraries used.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I think he's talking about something similar to HaCreator in which after you've designed your map, you can enter "simulation" and walk around the map to see how it would look. He wants a "simulator" in HaRepacker that could load an item on a character I assume, though this would be more silly because of the amount of items versus a map you've designed. But if he wants to see a Nexon designed item, he has bannedstory. If he's using custom-sprited items, then technically the designer should know how to place their design/sprited item onto a maplestory character body in the first place.

Oh, and @OP, anyone can edit HaRepacker as it is open-source. If you wish to add this simulation, you could very well do so yourself. Take a look at haha's latest stickied thread to see the repo for HaSuite and the libraries used.

For sure, thanks. That would be a convenient feature to have, although I don't quite see it being released.

Last edited:
Back