Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ [Release] Harepacker resurrected

Staff member
Reaction score
Excuse me for having the errors in Dutch. My lovely laptop I use when I am away is in Dutch, and I can't change it.

A 'new' bug I found in Harepacker resurrected is that it can no longer open data.wz from old versions. Upon doing so you will error out. Tried on all 3 encryptions.

Example version used: v0.30
-----------------------------
Now reason why I went to v0.30 is to demonstrate an other bug I remembered from harepacker. A pretty nasty one.

Ok so due to harepacker resurrected not working atm for data.wz, I used original harepacker to extract the following:

oSor54J - [Release] Harepacker resurrected - RaGEZONE Forums

That's the halloween Slime from 2016 (from v0.30)

What I am going to do after exporting it is importing it in a mob.wz:

p1VsdVQ - [Release] Harepacker resurrected - RaGEZONE Forums

So we will have this:

All looks fine now, right? Let's save the .wz!

<imagine here us saving the .wz>

Okay, let's open the mob again.

Now, this happens at the image:

Ignoring the error is bad. If you now go in-game, the game completely freezes up as soon the image is called. The image is most likely corrupted due to unknown reasons.

This is what happens on the original harepacker
-------------
Using resurrected to import gives different and more direct results. If you try import the image, you just immediately error out instead:

Vv0Db - [Release] Harepacker resurrected - RaGEZONE Forums

The slime image is directly from v0.30. This bug made it incredible annoying to add the halloween slimes 2 years ago. I believe it happens with all mobs with low ID's, but didn't looked too long into it.

Download Slime image:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That’s because of Harepacker trying to open Data.wz as a hotfix WZ file (ver 140++) instead of an ordinary WZ file. Nexon used the same name in later version again :(
I will try to find ways to detect it instead of opening the file type by it’s name.

Meanwhile in order to open Data.wz for older versions of Maplestory, you may rename it to something else (ie. test.wz) and it should work

Staff member
Reaction score
That’s because of Harepacker trying to open Data.wz as a hotfix WZ file (ver 140++) instead of an ordinary WZ file. Nexon used the same name in later version again :(
I will try to find ways to detect it instead of opening the file type by it’s name.

Meanwhile in order to open Data.wz for older versions of Maplestory, you may rename it to something else (ie. test.wz) and it should work

Cool. This gave me chance to extract the Halloween Slime with your tool instead, to fully confirm if its already fixed or not.

Its not.

KkDXuMb - [Release] Harepacker resurrected - RaGEZONE Forums

So yeah, bug that I stated in post above yours still apply (with the Halloween slime thing).

After looking more into it, it seems that I can't change any image from mobs 3230405.img and prior. Any other mob works fine.

Here's a sloppy video:

I still don't know why this happens though.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if change image in msea show this error

LastBattle - [Release] Harepacker resurrected - RaGEZONE Forums

이 대화 상자 대신 JIT(Just-in-time) 디버깅을 호출하는방법에 대한 자세한 내용은 이 메시지의 뒷부분을 참조하십시오.************** 예외 텍스트 **************System.InvalidCastException: 'MapleLib.WzLib.WzProperties.WzCanvasProperty' 형식 개체를 'MapleLib.WzLib.WzDirectory' 형식으로 캐스팅할 수 없습니다. 위치: MapleLib.WzLib.WzProperties.WzPngProperty.CompressPng(Bitmap bmp) 파일 C:\Users\abcde\Desktop\Harepacker-resurrected\HaRepacker\Properties\Resources.Designer.cs:줄 0 위치: HaRepackerLib.Controls.HaRepackerMainPanels.HaRepackerMainPanel.changeImageButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) 파일 C:\Users\abcde\Desktop\Harepacker-resurrected\HaRepacker\Properties\Resources.Designer.cs:줄 0 위치: System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e) 위치: System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) 위치: System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent) 위치: System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) 위치: System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) 위치: System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m) 위치: System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m) 위치: System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)************** 로드된 어셈블리 **************mscorlib 어셈블리 버전: 4.0.0.0 Win32 버전: 4.7.3110.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C 코드베이스: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll----------------------------------------HaRepackerResurrected 어셈블리 버전: 4.2.4.0 Win32 버전: 코드베이스: file:///C:/Users/suni_/Desktop/AnyCPU/HaRepackerResurrected.exe----------------------------------------System.Windows.Forms 어셈블리 버전: 4.0.0.0 Win32 버전: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1 코드베이스: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll----------------------------------------System 어셈블리 버전: 4.0.0.0 Win32 버전: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1 코드베이스: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll----------------------------------------System.Drawing 어셈블리 버전: 4.0.0.0 Win32 버전: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1 코드베이스: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll----------------------------------------System.Core 어셈블리 버전: 4.0.0.0 Win32 버전: 4.7.3110.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C 코드베이스: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll----------------------------------------System.Configuration 어셈블리 버전: 4.0.0.0 Win32 버전: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1 코드베이스: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll----------------------------------------System.Xml 어셈블리 버전: 4.0.0.0 Win32 버전: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1 코드베이스: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll----------------------------------------mscorlib.resources 어셈블리 버전: 4.0.0.0 Win32 버전: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1 코드베이스: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_ko_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll----------------------------------------WindowsBase 어셈블리 버전: 4.0.0.0 Win32 버전: 4.7.3110.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C 코드베이스: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll----------------------------------------System.Windows.Forms.resources 어셈블리 버전: 4.0.0.0 Win32 버전: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1 코드베이스: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_ko_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll----------------------------------------************** JIT 디버깅 **************JIT(Just In Time) 디버깅을 사용하려면 이 응용 프로그램 또는 컴퓨터의config 파일(machine.config)의 jitDebugging 값을 system.windows.forms 섹션에 설정해야 합니다.또한 응용 프로그램은 디버깅할 수 있도록 컴파일되어야합니다.예:<configuration> <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" /></configuration>JIT 디버깅을 사용하면 처리되지 않은 모든 예외는이 대화 상자에서 처리되지 않고 컴퓨터에 등록된 JIT 디버거에 보내집니다.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if copy too many node & paste

repacker crash or take longer than original harepacker 4.2.4

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
2.4 is now available.

-Fixed a possible int overflow with FieldLimit inputs from WZ
-Get packet encryption keys from ZLZ.dll. Extras -> ZLZ ( Supports MapleShark & Odin format)
-Fix UI when maximising WZ string search layout, Wz encryption for other MS localisation
-Fix: Loading legacy Data.wz file (ie BGMS v40)

** From now on, builds will only be in x86!

if copy too many node & paste

repacker crash or take longer than original harepacker 4.2.4

will look into it when I have time, including the image issue mentioned above

Staff member
Reaction score
There's a lot of issues I've been having using this, since I decided use this for my first patch. Sadly there's still a lot of cases I need replicate so I can make a useful report out of this.

Basically, I started get issues where when I added strings or added new values in life from map they appear all fine, even after saving, but it just refuses to work in-game. Nothing gets changed. This actually took me a full hour of annoyance (since I had no idea what went wrong) before I realised its this tool causing the issues, since it worked right away on vanilla repacker.

When I get the time I try replicate some of the issues and report it here.

Basically what I am understanding the tool see the changes, but doesn't apply them correctly, only visually in the editor. This is not always the case though, since I've also used it successfully.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
2.4 is now available.

** From now on, builds will only be in x86!

will look into it when I have time, including the image issue mentioned above

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
There's a lot of issues I've been having using this, since I decided use this for my first patch. Sadly there's still a lot of cases I need replicate so I can make a useful report out of this.

Basically, I started get issues where when I added strings or added new values in life from map they appear all fine, even after saving, but it just refuses to work in-game. Nothing gets changed. This actually took me a full hour of annoyance (since I had no idea what went wrong) before I realised its this tool causing the issues, since it worked right away on vanilla repacker.

When I get the time I try replicate some of the issues and report it here.

Basically what I am understanding the tool see the changes, but doesn't apply them correctly, only visually in the editor. This is not always the case though, since I've also used it successfully.

I'm still not facing any of such issue. Its being tested against WZ somewhere around the BB patch.
I might try older versions some day.

Hey, do you have any links of the korean maplestory private server community? Perhaps naver, etc? (PM me)
It'd be nice if there's any other ideas out there which I can integrate to the tool.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
2.5 is now available.

-Fix NullReferenceException while saving a WZ file with a new WzDirectory added
(Missing wzIv , hash & wzFile)
-Detect & show all map rendering error at once ( This will make map imports much easier)
-Autocomplete SaveFileDialog FileName when saving WZ
-Map renderer Fix: 'link' WzIntProperty path for Mob/NPC
-Fix Map renderer: Minimaps with linked canvas
-Fix memory leak with the map renderer
-Render map tooltip (This will detect missing Tooltip in String.wz too while importing maps )

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
gif importing sounds amazing! no transparency allowed though? :/

CCUeuhv - [Release] Harepacker resurrected - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Some WzCanvasProperty nodes still have transparency problem?
Like Item.wz/Install/0301.img/03018065/effect/0

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Item.wz/Install/0301.img/03018065/effect/0

This would actually be a higher version chair, which is coded to be made into a mount. If you look in the Info, there's a property called tamingMob with an ID. This ID can be found in Character.wz/TamingMob/ID.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
2.6 is now available.

Not much for now...

-Rendering of 'nodeInfo' in Maps (Ver 95 GMS and above. Post big-bang)
-Fixed ReplaceDialog for Pasting of nodes [Yes, YesToAll, No, NoToAll option]. (Hitting Yes to all, Yes should work as it is)
-Nodes will now be highlighted in red after replacing it via copy and paste.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, i saved .png image into map.wz and when i reopen it, i face with this issue. What happend with my image?
zckS8F - [Release] Harepacker resurrected - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Every time you import a modified or custom image/item XML and save the wz, it loses color for some reason. I hope you've been keeping backups like I have!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, i saved .png image into map.wz and when i reopen it, i face with this issue. What happend with my image?
zckS8F - [Release] Harepacker resurrected - RaGEZONE Forums

Hi.
What version is that? I'll look into it.

Does manually importing an image works?

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi.
What version is that? I'll look into it.
Does manually importing an image works?
Thanks for your response !
I'm using v0.62 Wz Client ! There are image i try to use :
And yes, i was imported it by manual. Only the image saved from photoshop will have this issue. (i'm using photoshop CC 2018)

Last edited:
Back