Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ [Release] Harepacker resurrected

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have an error because I got it like that? A help please?

rxy27Ad - [Release] Harepacker resurrected - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello everyone! Happy 2020!!
just gotten some spare time for some quick fixes, so here you go.

New
- Added the ability to zoom on image (the top right corner now shows the image size detail too)
- Added toolstripmenuitem for collapsing and expanding all child nodes
- Splash screen

Fixes
- Load Mob001.wz when available while selecting Mob.wz (recent ms patch)
- Fix exporting XML/wz issues when an image or a directory contains an illegal windows character
- Fix localization issue due to accessor level
If anyone would like to help out with localisation, please do feel free to contact me! It is only partial done right now.
- Make encryptionBox text unedit-able.
- WzFloatProperty typo fix
- Fixed resetting volumes upon changing the music.
- Modified display format from bmp to png
- Fixed a bug where transparent image turns black upon changing the image.
- Load all WZ files first before adding to TreeView (Its now possible to load all .WZ concurrently for the current version of GMS within a minute; assuming you have a SSD)

maybe, and maybe if I have lots of time ahead.. I might implement spine rendering with openGL

protip: if you're opening lots of WZ (especially in modern maplestory), use multiple tabs.
It takes a ridiculous amount of time to open them due to TreeView that slows down progressively the more nodes it contains. If this update doesnt fix it (you probably have an old HDD)

Map render will still work even if the WZs are loaded in different tabs.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
seMcQxZ - [Release] Harepacker resurrected - RaGEZONE Forums

aa9CoDr - [Release] Harepacker resurrected - RaGEZONE Forums

Just added crosshair on the 'origin' & 'head' of the image.
Need testers, I am not sure if it works on all screen DPIs, and resolutions.

this will make adding and editing sprites MUCH easier for you all, without going in-game to ensure that it is correctly centered.

Attachments

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Would be dope if the original PNG quality was retained while displaying images, it's still one of the main reasons why I refuse to use any newer version and still use 2.7 instead

Kfto382 - [Release] Harepacker resurrected - RaGEZONE Forums

Also, I'm not really sure how to use how to use the crosshairs and how it would help origin editing, can you explain a bit more?

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Would be dope if the original PNG quality was retained while displaying images, it's still one of the main reasons why I refuse to use any newer version and still use 2.7 instead

Kfto382 - [Release] Harepacker resurrected - RaGEZONE Forums

Also, I'm not really sure how to use how to use the crosshairs and how it would help origin editing, can you explain a bit more?

looking into the png issue now..

anyway, the origin, head, and lt is self explanatory :glare: download the latest copy again, as I've included 'head' and 'lt' too

Attachments

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
That origin only for add custom sprite. Otherwise, change the exist sprite's origin you would get strange animation when in game .Don't do it.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
looking into the png issue now..

anyway, the origin, head, and lt is self explanatory :glare: download the latest copy again, as I've included 'head' and 'lt' too

I mean.. I assume to find the Y origin you would match the - in the + symbol to the bottom line in the square right? So then in order to get a decent looking X origin you would just yolo test it as close to where you want the hand as possible? Assuming you're doing something like a custom weapon of course. Would it be the edge of the crosshair or directly in the center?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
any chance for x64 version?

Uploaded.

I stopped including x64 a while ago as it breaks GetKey, until I find a better solution for it. If you dont need that, go for x64 instead.

I mean.. I assume to find the Y origin you would match the - in the + symbol to the bottom line in the square right? So then in order to get a decent looking X origin you would just yolo test it as close to where you want the hand as possible? Assuming you're doing something like a custom weapon of course. Would it be the edge of the crosshair or directly in the center?

depends on how the client is reading it.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
PS: Please re-add the scroll bars :( can't see my image unless I'm zoomed all the way out and at that point it's really tiny
eNEm37H - [Release] Harepacker resurrected - RaGEZONE Forums

rR5D3si - [Release] Harepacker resurrected - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
got uber bored once again with the CCP beer virus, so here's another release for ya.

LastBattle - [Release] Harepacker resurrected - RaGEZONE Forums

Feature
- Implement scroll bars for viewing of Wz images (in any event that the image is too large for the window)
- Implemented the ability to use custom WzIv keys for opening & saving WZ files.
- Implemented the ability to brute force Wz iv keys from .wz (without ZLZ.dll, or access to client)
> AMD Ryzen 3900x
> ~1,200,000 keys / minute
> ~72,000,000 keys / hour
> ~1,728,000,000 keys / hour
> completion of any WZ iv key within < 2 days.

Bug fix:
- Fixed saving of the currently opened Data.wz file (special thanks: shavitush )
- Fixed an issue with splash screen GIF not animating
- Fixed image crosshair (off by 5 pixels)
- Fixed an issue decoding Map001.wz (msea v194.1)

Yv4sT48 - [Release] Harepacker resurrected - RaGEZONE Forums

mul9Kbk - [Release] Harepacker resurrected - RaGEZONE Forums

laiPRky - [Release] Harepacker resurrected - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i used latest version
if add gif image , it discolored like this

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Anyone happen to know why the sprites for Character.wz/Cape/01103150.img and many others aren't loading? I've tried a few other tools and they seem to have the same problem as well.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Anyone happen to know why the sprites for Character.wz/Cape/01103150.img and many others aren't loading? I've tried a few other tools and they seem to have the same problem as well.

Effect.wz/ItemEff.img/<item ID>

ddHKOP6 - [Release] Harepacker resurrected - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It's normal. Some Chair, Cape, Cap's sprite is empty because they are link to Effect.wz/...

SX46H3z - [Release] Harepacker resurrected - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Back