Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ TraPatcher/TraPatchCreator - Auto-Patcher

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Introduction
TraPatcher and TraPatchCreator are both tools made to be used by servers, as such, TraPatcher has been made to look as professional as it can.

Source:

FAQ
Q: Will you make me a launcher?
A: No.

Q: Will you edit the patcher just for my server?

Q: Can I pay you to make these tools private?
A: No, and I should slap you for asking.

Q: Will you duck me?

Screenshots
TraPatchCreator
Before load
Zm4uE3c - TraPatcher/TraPatchCreator - Auto-Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums
E4syCN4 - TraPatcher/TraPatchCreator - Auto-Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums
After loading
Acbyu9K - TraPatcher/TraPatchCreator - Auto-Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums
After loading 2
qzw86xM - TraPatcher/TraPatchCreator - Auto-Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums
Settings Generator
5mk1bcR - TraPatcher/TraPatchCreator - Auto-Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums
TraPatcher
I couldn't be bothered to generate settings and everything, so usually there wouldn't be an error box (don't know if you can see) behind it, and there would be text saying a server's name.
TkPIj89 - TraPatcher/TraPatchCreator - Auto-Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

Tutorial
This tutorial was ripped from my old thread for this on MT.
Working on getting a better tutorial out soon.

TraPatchCreator is the program you make the patches with, and TraPatcher is the program that actually patches.

TraPatchCreator has a patch description that is currently not in use, I was gonna do something with it, but I decided not to. I left it there just because.

Open up TraPatchCreator and click 'File -> Load' to open up the WZ file loading window, when you click browse and if it errors saying 'illegal file path' or some poop, that's k, just click 'Load' and then try again. Obviously I am aware of this bug, but I just wanted to push this patcher out already, and it's not a major bug, so I'm not worried about it right now. That should be the only real bug, I try to squash all bugs I find in my programs before release, so if you find any others, reply to this thread and tell me.

For the encryption in the load window, it's best to use Auto-Detect.

Now, after you click load and it starts loading, there may be some lag before you see something happen, the larger the file, the longer the lag, just be patient, the program didn't break. The reason is that I decided to have ONLY the .img's show, so it's possibly trying to load about a couple hundred or more img's at the same time.

Now, after it's finished loading all the .img's from the WZ file, before you go checking everything and attempt to make beautiful DeathRight patch babies, there's two things you should look at:
1). The patch version, this is the key to the world. It's extremely important, if used properly, you can walk to Mordor. Just change the version to 1 higher version each time you make a patch, not two, but one, because that's just how the patcher works, if you have someone with a current version of 0 and the only patch available on your webserver is version 2 or higher, noone will be able to patch.

2). The WZ file type. This should already change by itself, but incase it doesn't, each time you load a wz file check it to make sure it's on the right WZ, it should be the same one you loaded.
-----------------------------------
Now that you know how to load stuff, you need to know about saving.
You can open the save window, obviously, by going to 'File -> Save'.
Select the folder you want the patch to be saved to, it will make a folder named the patch version under that folder and save the patch to it.
You should always save your patches with the same version under the same path, as the folders named the patch version with all the patches in them need to go in your webserver for TraPatcher to work.

Now, one more thing is the 'Generate TraPatcher Settings' button, I already added hints in that one, so it's pretty well explained there.

Also, the way TraPatcher patches stuff is by looking into the patch directory you specified in Generate TraPatcher Settings, and looking for a folder that is named the users current version +1, and then going through all files in that folder and patching, so if the users current version was '1' it would look for a folder in the patch web directory named '2' and go through all the files in that folder. After it finishes patching one folder, it tries again, increasing the version until it doesn't find a folder that's name is +1 the current version.
So, if the users current version was '0', it would look for a folder in the web directory named '1', patch, then look for a folder named '2', patch, and so on until it doesn't find another folder. But, the folder's name HAS to be only 1 higher than the current version.

Also, TraPatcher HAS to be in the MapleStory directory.

Downloads
TraPatcher
V1.2.1: |
V1.2:

TraPatchCreator
V1.2.1: |

V1.2:

V1.1:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Really? You're asking people to suck your penis over this release?

I said programs, the "s" states that I am talking about multiple things, are you illiterate? And yes, that would be nice. As long as I don't get any STD's, or fat people.

But you don't really have to go as far as sucking my penis, if you don't want. You could just say "yo, nice program" or like my thread. I do not think that is asking for too much.

But if typing up a sentence or a short paragraph stating your appreciation for me, or clicking your left mouse button is asking too much, then I don't know how you can find the effort in your pathetic little lungs to breathe.

Please think again before becoming hostile toward me, thank you.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
where's the source code?
proprietary software doesn't make your epenis bigger you Ducking shitlord

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
where's the source code?
proprietary software doesn't make your epenis bigger you Ducking shitlord

For the foreseeable future TraPatcher & TraPatchCreator will not be open-source. But, my visual WZ repacker ObjectMaker will be under these circumstances: If I choose to give up on the project (which could very well happen); When I release v1.0 which will be when I feel that it is completed enough, because at that point I will probably give up the project, but there will still be more to do with it if someone so chooses

Though, I'm open to making both of these (I count TraPatcher & TraPatchCreator as the same project) open-source at any time if enough people seem to give a duck about them being open-source.

Also, none of my programs are licensed, except HaSuite which is under GNU GPL. It is really still considered legal to take credit for all my programs (excluding my version of HaSuite, which isn't really mine to begin with, I just continued it). But, I'd rather you didn't, and I'd fight you if you did.

EDIT:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how to make it patch list.wz ?

Reaction score
how to make it patch list.wz ?

You'd be better off using an open-source binary diff program to make patches quite honestly.

Look at something like xdelta; I used to use it when I was doing WZ patches since it's much faster and far more reliable compared to this -> unpackaging, modifying, and then repackaging the WZ files would take way longer than just running a comparison and adding new bytes of data anyways.

Granted, you'd have to make a wrapper for the patch + patcher, but that isn't really an issue since that should be fairly straightforward (and you'll be able to use that wrapper code over and over for new patches you make).

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You got talent, you may want to think about creating more programs to get $$$ and be respected alot and known.

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
IKR ! Smoking kills.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think I did everything right on setting up the TraPatcher.
I created the patch(version1) from TraPatchCreator then I generated the link with the starting version of 0.

I copied the PatcherSettings.wz, that was created by the Trapatchcreator, the TraPatcher.exe and the 2 .dll files to Maplestory folder.

When I ran the program, it said checking for update then the window was disappeared and nothing happened. The .wz wasn't patched by the trapatcher.

Pls. help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think I did everything right on setting up the TraPatcher.
I created the patch(version1) from TraPatchCreator then I generated the link with the starting version of 0.

I copied the PatcherSettings.wz, that was created by the Trapatchcreator, the TraPatcher.exe and the 2 .dll files to Maplestory folder.

When I ran the program, it said checking for update then the window was disappeared and nothing happened. The .wz wasn't patched by the trapatcher.

Pls. help
You must put a web index file in each directory including the root. (a index.php or index.html would usually do.)

May i suggest adding this line of code to your SaveMenuItem_Click method in order to save time and confusion?
Code:
 using (StreamWriter outfile = new StreamWriter(sfd.SelectedPath + @"\" + PatchVer.Value.ToString() + @"\index.php"))
                {
                    outfile.Write("Patch Version: " + PatchVer.Value.ToString());
                }
Tell me if you do :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
what am I supposed to put in the URL to Web Directory...?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm working on a PS source at the moment, but once I get the chance I'll revive this and repost it so that it will get the proper attention it deserves. It has a few errors that I pointed out a while back but overall it is very beautiful and I'd love to keep it going. I'll have it up on a github with some fixes later this month.

Back