Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ Ultimate XML

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi! First off, thank you so much for creating this program, it's super helpful!

I'm having the same problem as @Age
I ran parser & wzclear on Hair & Face from v180 and I imported all into my v83.

However, when I try changing my character's hair to a new hair from v180, it just make the character bald.

I compared the different nodes between v180 and v83 Character.wz/hair
and its the _inlink _outlink and _hash that are present in all v180

I just don't know how to make the wzfile read the images with _inlink _outlink _hash so that all hair & face will properly be displayed in game.

Any ideas?

Regarding the hairs turning your characters bald, it might be due to the reason that there is a hair cap within the client you're using.

Hair Client Fix by Eric

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi! First off, thank you so much for creating this program, it's super helpful!

I'm having the same problem as @Age
I ran parser & wzclear on Hair & Face from v180 and I imported all into my v83.

However, when I try changing my character's hair to a new hair from v180, it just make the character bald.

I compared the different nodes between v180 and v83 Character.wz/hair
and its the _inlink _outlink and _hash that are present in all v180

I just don't know how to make the wzfile read the images with _inlink _outlink _hash so that all hair & face will properly be displayed in game.

Any ideas?

Regarding the hair, take a look at Eric's Fix for Hairs.
That might take care of the problem.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello. I'm using the CMD way to get through the XML Source Parser part. After days(I'm a very slow learner!) of finding the solution to 'Unsupported major.minor version 52', I now get this:

What am I missing? I have the xmls v189 I want into my v83 server exported into \Desktop\wz189\Character.wz\

Sorry about the screenshot via link. Tried uploading here but nothing shows up & I don't know how spoilers work here. s:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello. I'm using the CMD way to get through the XML Source Parser part. After days(I'm a very slow learner!) of finding the solution to 'Unsupported major.minor version 52', I now get this:

What am I missing? I have the xmls v189 I want into my v83 server exported into \Desktop\wz189\Character.wz\

Sorry about the screenshot via link. Tried uploading here but nothing shows up & I don't know how spoilers work here. s:

Try re-extracting the rar file, it looks like you don't have the directory in there, if that does not work can you send me a screen shot of what you're putting in the notepad and a screen shot of your folder?

Reaction score
I have problem parsing the Node Info.

This statement isn't working, and I think it's due to the first 3 bytes in XML that is causing the error. Try many fixes but all couldn't get it to work.
Code:
doc = builder.parse(f);

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
*bump*
[HELP]
Is there a way to get the program to read everything contained in an XML? For example, I'm trying to run them all to be able to fix chairs. However, when I run the program it says 1 read file with 0 nodes removed and doesn't fix any in/outlinks. I think the programs were made to search only within the XML -> info. Whereas I'd like them to be able search everywhere inside the XML for an info node to be able to fix the in/outlinks. Since there is no direct "0301.img/info" path, it just reads the file and says no nodes removed because it wasn't made to do that. Also, the WZ clear program right now is pretty good with removing things directly within the info node, but again, that's all it was made to do. Since it wasn't made to search everywhere inside an XML, and ONLY within ".img/info", it can't clear those pesky _hash, _inlink and _outlink. I fear that over time, all of that useless data (at least in lower versions) such as _hash=<insert massively long mumbo jumbo here> will make the files extensively larger than they actually should be, without actually adding any content, considering that there is a _hash contained within every single - that's right, every single normal png image. Do you see what I'm getting at?

rTr5wVs - Ultimate XML - RaGEZONE Forums

I hope you all are understanding what I'm trying to explain. If anyone can point me in the right direction as I'm no coder and what-not, that'd be massively helpful. Thank!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
_hash, inlink and outlink isn't supported for this. This was made for the source property which I don't know why they keep adding new properties that does the same damn thing as the source property, but its Nexon for ya. So this will only work on versions that don't have in/outlink. Which I believe is < v174

The only way in/outlink is supported if you use the fix inside the first page.

*bump*
[HELP]
Is there a way to get the program to read everything contained in an XML? For example, I'm trying to run them all to be able to fix chairs. However, when I run the program it says 1 read file with 0 nodes removed and doesn't fix any in/outlinks. I think the programs were made to search only within the XML -> info. Whereas I'd like them to be able search everywhere inside the XML for an info node to be able to fix the in/outlinks. Since there is no direct "0301.img/info" path, it just reads the file and says no nodes removed because it wasn't made to do that. Also, the WZ clear program right now is pretty good with removing things directly within the info node, but again, that's all it was made to do. Since it wasn't made to search everywhere inside an XML, and ONLY within ".img/info", it can't clear those pesky _hash, _inlink and _outlink. I fear that over time, all of that useless data (at least in lower versions) such as _hash=<insert massively long mumbo jumbo here> will make the files extensively larger than they actually should be, without actually adding any content, considering that there is a _hash contained within every single - that's right, every single normal png image. Do you see what I'm getting at?

rTr5wVs - Ultimate XML - RaGEZONE Forums

I hope you all are understanding what I'm trying to explain. If anyone can point me in the right direction as I'm no coder and what-not, that'd be massively helpful. Thank!

Also if your able to code, I believe the items and stuff will work WITHOUT in/outlink (fact) and _hash (not sure) if you get rid of them, you can use this program to do what you need too. Chairs depending on what version you are going to use will 80% work. I can't code a program to get rid of _hash at the moment because I am super lazy, and haven't been wz editing/coding in about 2 years. So I am very rusty.

But also if memory serves me correctly _hash is useless and doesn't need to be removed.

I will play around with this tomorrow since I am off work. I will post back what I figure out.

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
But also if memory serves me correctly _hash is useless and doesn't need to be removed.
Items indeed work just fine even with a hash property.
Actually, they work fine even with inlink and outlink, simply because the v83 client ignores them; the only issue is that the canvas itself will be lacking the image, as it's supposed to be linked.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Here's the thing - I know items will work with or without _hash, _inlink and _outlink. What I'm trying to do is get WzClear to remove those properties, but it doesn't because WzClear only checks ".img/info" and it doesn't check every ".img/sub/sub/sub" or however many subs there are. Same with chairs. Since there is no ".img/info", WzClear fails to remove the properties I want removed (I'm trying to remove: _hash, _inlink and _outlink from everything, and: only, slotMax, tradeBlock and reqLevel from chairs, but can't).

Everything works fine. I just want to remove these from weapons:
Fj5LVxS - Ultimate XML - RaGEZONE Forums

And these from chairs:
2Y5LC5F - Ultimate XML - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a little C# application that I use for the inlinks/outlinks, though it works on the WZ file via MapleLib instead of on the XML, and what it does is replacing any canvas containing inlinks with an UOL, and the outlinks with a copy of the linked canvas. In the end, it's pretty much a matter of letting the program cycle through child nodes until it reaches a canvas, for inlinks&co, and .img/<itemid>/info for the Chairs nodes removal.

Speaking of Chairs, keep in mind that removing slotMax causes the client to default to a hardcoded value, that for example for consumables is 100 copies per slot. Not sure if there's a different one for each category, though.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Update:
I found out a way to do this with Notepad++, thanks for the help though!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Uhhh so I am no expert at WZ what-so-ever but this is clearly a fantastic release for updating items into lower versions. I was attempting to apply these steps to my v117.2. I tried just about every method and came up with no luck other than the error "version.52". I then tried to just do a clean version 117 XML and noticed I had received the same error, so this means it's not because I am using v194 XMLS. Does this program need to be ran with a specific java because for v117 you have to use Java7 and I was wondering if this only works on like Java8. If not then I would love to have some help as I have been trying to work with this for the past 2-3 days and its starting to frustrate me.

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Uhhh so I am no expert at WZ what-so-ever but this is clearly a fantastic release for updating items into lower versions. I was attempting to apply these steps to my v117.2. I tried just about every method and came up with no luck other than the error "version.52". I then tried to just do a clean version 117 XML and noticed I had received the same error, so this means it's not because I am using v194 XMLS. Does this program need to be ran with a specific java because for v117 you have to use Java7 and I was wondering if this only works on like Java8. If not then I would love to have some help as I have been trying to work with this for the past 2-3 days and its starting to frustrate me.

Repeat the steps you do for me, and if possible can you take a screenshot of the error?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Repeat the steps you do for me, and if possible can you take a screenshot of the error?

I followed Zychronix on what he had did. But let me make sure I am doing the right thing. So I have a v117 Clean XML that I had dumped v194 Equips into. I then exported them as Classic. I then attempted to run the node finder to see what nodes I need to have removed. I then can't even do that without getting this error. I have tried just about every step and keep obtaining the same error. I then tried a clean 117 and to see maybe if its just the inlinks or outlinks and received the same error. So the only thing I can honestly think of is the Java?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@religion I tried this with Java8 as well and had no luck. I am having serious trouble I know get a invalid character XML. I think I need some extensive help when it comes to using this great program could you maybe help me with a bit of extra help? I am struggling and really want to have updated wz. It would mean a lot.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I keep getting this error when i remove the item from the folder it gives me a different item that is broken.
If anyone could help much appreciated.
Scanning directory...
Last Location: C:\wz204\Character.wz\Cap\01004298.img.xml - Nodes: 83 Aug 01, 2019 7:12:26 PM CharacterInfoNode main
SEVERE: null
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 3 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.UTF8Reader.invalidByte(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.UTF8Reader.read(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityScanner.load(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityScanner.scanLiteral(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.scanAttributeValue(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanAttribute(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source)
at CharacterInfoNode.main(CharacterInfoNode.java:56)

C:\Users\ngxnu\Desktop\MapleStory SRCs\XML>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Reaction score
this might sound dumb but could u make like small utube tut video of this tool?
has anyone been able to upload a merged clean char wz?

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
2023 Instructions:
Download tools here:

1. Open HaRepacker Resurrected
2. Change encryption to GMS
3. Open your WZ file I'm doing Hair.wz from GMS
4. Tools>Options>XML default directory (set somewhere)
5. Highlight the Hair.wz node>Export Selection>XML>Classic
6. Repeat with Hair001.wz and Hair002.wz
7. Go to your xml default directory
8. Use search bar for .xml
9. Select all and Cut
10. Paste somewhere
11. Copy the address of "somewhere" should be like D:\poop or E:\butt or C:\naruto
12. Extract the downloaded XML.rar
13. Open the 3 Run.cmd files in a text editor like notepad
14. Replace F:\wz179 Character.wz with "somewhere" in all 3 files (no need to add a .wz, it'll do the whole folder)
15. Run Ultimate XML Source Parser.cmd
16. Run Node Finder.cmd
17. Run Ultimate WZ Clear.cmd
18. Most of your wz files should have been modified recently if you look at the time.
19. Open HaRepacker
20. Open your WZ file in OLD ENCRYPTION
21. For me it's Character.wz
22. Expand the node until you see Hair.wz
23. Highlight it
24. Tools>Import>XML>Go to your somewhere folder
25. Select All>import>wait a while
26. Save new Character.wz
27. Highlight Hair Node>Tools>Export Selection>XML>Private Server

Last edited:
Back