Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    True MemberRank
    Sep 2016 Join Date
    United StatesLocation
    210Posts

Re: Ultimate XML

Ultimate XML
    Update:
    I found out a way to do this with Notepad++, thanks for the help though!

MemberRank
    Feb 2015 Join Date
    40Posts

Hello Everyone,

Uhhh so I am no expert at WZ what-so-ever but this is clearly a fantastic release for updating items into lower versions. I was attempting to apply these steps to my v117.2. I tried just about every method and came up with no luck other than the error "version.52". I then tried to just do a clean version 117 XML and noticed I had received the same error, so this means it's not because I am using v194 XMLS. Does this program need to be ran with a specific java because for v117 you have to use Java7 and I was wondering if this only works on like Java8. If not then I would love to have some help as I have been trying to work with this for the past 2-3 days and its starting to frustrate me.

True MemberRank
    Oct 2013 Join Date
    507Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vTim View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Uhhh so I am no expert at WZ what-so-ever but this is clearly a fantastic release for updating items into lower versions. I was attempting to apply these steps to my v117.2. I tried just about every method and came up with no luck other than the error "version.52". I then tried to just do a clean version 117 XML and noticed I had received the same error, so this means it's not because I am using v194 XMLS. Does this program need to be ran with a specific java because for v117 you have to use Java7 and I was wondering if this only works on like Java8. If not then I would love to have some help as I have been trying to work with this for the past 2-3 days and its starting to frustrate me.
    Repeat the steps you do for me, and if possible can you take a screenshot of the error?

MemberRank
    Feb 2015 Join Date
    40Posts

Quote Originally Posted by religion View Post
    Repeat the steps you do for me, and if possible can you take a screenshot of the error?
    I followed @Zychronix on what he had did. But let me make sure I am doing the right thing. So I have a v117 Clean XML that I had dumped v194 Equips into. I then exported them as Classic. I then attempted to run the node finder to see what nodes I need to have removed. I then can't even do that without getting this error. Screenshot by Lightshot I have tried just about every step and keep obtaining the same error. I then tried a clean 117 and to see maybe if its just the inlinks or outlinks and received the same error. So the only thing I can honestly think of is the Java?

MemberRank
    Sep 2017 Join Date
    PastalandLocation
    155Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vTim View Post
    error "version.52"
    You'll need to run it under the same Java version it was compiled with, so yep, running it with Java 8 should do.

MemberRank
    Feb 2015 Join Date
    40Posts

@religion I tried this with Java8 as well and had no luck. I am having serious trouble I know get a invalid character XML. I think I need some extensive help when it comes to using this great program could you maybe help me with a bit of extra help? I am struggling and really want to have updated wz. It would mean a lot.

MemberRank
    Apr 2013 Join Date
    178Posts

I keep getting this error when i remove the item from the folder it gives me a different item that is broken.
    If anyone could help much appreciated.
    Scanning directory...
    Last Location: C:\wz204\Character.wz\Cap\01004298.img.xml - Nodes: 83 Aug 01, 2019 7:12:26 PM CharacterInfoNode main
    SEVERE: null
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 3 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.UTF8Reader.invalidByte(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.UTF8Reader.read(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityScanner.load(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityScanner.scanLiteral(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.scanAttributeValue(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanAttribute(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
    at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source)
    at CharacterInfoNode.main(CharacterInfoNode.java:56)

C:\Users\ngxnu\Desktop\MapleStory SRCs\XML>pause
    Press any key to continue . . .
    Proud owner of Project-Nova v142.
    30x30x10x.

Alpha MaleRank
    Oct 2005 Join Date
    no mans landLocation
    2,374Posts

this might sound dumb but could u make like small utube tut video of this tool?
    has anyone been able to upload a merged clean char wz?
    Last edited by resinate; 12-08-19 at 02:44 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Advertisement