Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ XML Source Parser (WzClear Add-on)

Reaction score
Well, I am back from the dead. You all remember my WzClear release correct? Well this is an add-on to that file, or that file is an add-on to this one? However they are recommended for you to use both in lower version servers, that are below v130. You use it just the same as WzClear, however a bit is changed.

What this does is that, well we all know those blinking items that appear from when adding in new GMS items from above v130 right? There is more and more items inside v160+ with the source property. What this does is what I been telling people for awhile which is, it changes the source property to WzUOLProperty. It will change every single item inside your wz.

Lets get into it:

What you need;

Netbeans
One single folder, that has the entire Character.wz inside (Note: Will explain what to do.)
Inside the Character.wz folder make a new folder called "One" (This is required)

How to prep the program;

1.)
Prepping the Character.wz folder.

First what you want to do is have the entire Character.wz dumped. You can use either HaRepacker or WzDumper. Next what you want to do is open your Character.wz dumped folder, and move every single XML into one folder. (Yes I know there is a better way to do this, this is just how the program is coded.)
Make sure you got this folder done, make a note of what xmls you move. So if you take out all the caps just write down or make a mental note of what the xml starts with. If memory serves correctly they are 0110xxxx. So just remember that.

2.)
PHP:
static String LOCATION = "F:\\v162";

Change this to the name of your folder that contains the Character.wz

3.) Make sure inside your folder you made the Location folder, that there is a folder inside named One. This is where all the edited/fixed XMLs go to. Think of it as your final folder. The finished product.

Once you run the program and it does finish, open up the xml inside HaRepacker and make sure that it worked correctly.

Once you set everything up and run it as it is, you will recieve an error saying that you are missing a folder. I totally forgot to tell you all that you also need another folder. It is just like the folder that holds all your XMLs.

So lets say you got your C:\v165\One
Now what you need to make is C:\v165-Final\One
If you do not make that file it will not work, and won't be able to run the program.

Now this program is also a program that @DeathStar helped me make, just like WzClear.

MUST READ: I would suggest you to do this in three parts if you wish to do the entire Character.wz. To help you with the organization of the WZ, since every single item is inside one folder, do it in four parts this might take awhile but it will help you in the long run. Do all the Capes, Caps, Coats, Dragon, Glove, LongCoat, Pants, Ring, Pants, and Shoes in one part. Then do Weapons separately, then do Accessory separately, then do Face/Eyes.

Reason why you want to seperate the sections is because if you don't you might confuse the ID's and add in wrong ID's into a place it doesn't belong. Like Accessory's into Caps.

Download:

Well I believe this is all that I need to say, if you guys have any questions, please feel free to ask.

And oh, Credits goes to @DeathStar (but since he lost the password to that account) @Zychronix and myself.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Code:
name = doc.createElement("string");
name.setAttribute("name", "blossoms");
name.setAttribute("value", "projectblossoms.org");
nl.item(0).appendChild(name);
name = doc.createElement("string");
String dur = UUID.randomUUID().toString().replaceAll("-", "");
int next = new Random().nextInt(4);
name.setAttribute("name", dur.substring(next, next + new Random().nextInt(dur.length() - next)));
dur = UUID.randomUUID().toString().replaceAll("-", "");
next = new Random().nextInt(4);
name.setAttribute("value", dur.substring(next, next + new Random().nextInt(dur.length() - next)));
nl.item(0).appendChild(name);
valuesChanged++;

Mr. Religion wanted to add this fancy bit of code to deter people from taking the edits. It's not entirely fool proof, but it'll work on some people.

In it's current state it'll take some work to get rid of the blinking issue, but at least those few servers I decided to lurk around that claim to have "v14x+" wz edits can actually upgrade now instead of using the version of wz edits before the source property was introduced (was it the RED patch that did that or was it some v13x version?).

If you know what you are doing you can change it so everything doesn't have to go into the 'one' folder to make things a bit easier.

Reaction score
Mr. Religion wanted to add this fancy bit of code to deter people from taking the edits. It's not entirely fool proof, but it'll work on some people.

In it's current state it'll take some work to get rid of the blinking issue, but at least those few servers I decided to lurk around that claim to have "v14x+" wz edits can actually upgrade now instead of using the version of wz edits before the source property was introduced (was it the RED patch that did that or was it some v13x version?).

If you know what you are doing you can change it so everything doesn't have to go into the 'one' folder to make things a bit easier.

Only decided to add that in, back when I worked on Blossoms, (Which I still am, but won't open it for awhile till everything is perfect. If you know what I mean. And sadly went down when I did open it, due to DDoS...)

However this worked in the way it was suppose too, and is hidden as well. I couldn't of figured it out if it wasn't for you, so thanks for that. Now that others have this option, I hope people will take advantage of this, and stop trying to steal others edits. Even though it isn't a big deal for basic WZ edits. However if it is custom you have a problem..

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Are you jesus? Because I need to praise the lord. I've been dying a little bit inside ever since Nexon added it in the Unleashed patch.
I understand it's to save space but damn, use the UOL property, it pretty much already does what the source property is doing.

I will definitely, positively use this. This will save me a lot of time and headache. :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@religion

Thanks for this, but when I edit the program to the folder I made, how do I run it? what do i do?

thanks.

Reaction score
@religion

Thanks for this, but when I edit the program to the folder I made, how do I run it? what do i do?

thanks.

You open this file in NetBeans. Once you open it in NetBeans, and edit the program, just run the application. (Shift+F6)

And also I forgot to add this part into the thread.

Once you set everything up and run it as it is, you will recieve an error saying that you are missing a folder. I totally forgot to tell you all that you also need another folder. It is just like the folder that holds all your XMLs.

So lets say you got your C:\v165\One
Now what you need to make is C:\v165-Final\One
If you do not make that file it will not work, and won't be able to run the program.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Would this work for wz's other than character.wz?

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
@religion

because dont work for me ... already use xml v155
i follow instructions.. do you explain more?

religion - XML Source Parser (WzClear Add-on) - RaGEZONE Forums

not a programmer
Reaction score
Do you have C:\v162-Final\Character\One folder?
Try move the xml back into the character wz folder so its:
C:\v162\Character\One
Need to change WZ_FOLDER = "Character";?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey im trying to get this to work, but when I click "Run" it comes up with the following error:
religion - XML Source Parser (WzClear Add-on) - RaGEZONE Forums

Any help?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey, same thing happens to me when I try to use this or the new Ultimate XML parser.
Anyone know how to fix this?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Netbeans needs you to designate the main class in order for it to run. It's been a while since I've played with this but you should be able to right click your XMLSourceParse2.java in your project files and designate it as main.

Back