Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development Server]

Would you play and post bugs on a dev server?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Please use the poll, reply if you have anything to say of course but basically what i want to know is.. Would you play?

I'm considering getting a dedi for a developmental server, essentially i need to know if people will play it, and be active to help find bugs. I will of course be developing it and release fixes as i make them rather then in bulk fixes as i tried before but my hard drive crashed.

I also want to know if anybody would be interested in helping with the development, this can be anything from spriters, mappers, coders, web coders, databasers, etc...

Here is a break down of what im looking for. Answer the poll, would you be actively playing this development server? i dont want to waste my money. Also, i will be looking for some people to help, if you want to help pm me.

If you want to help these are the positions available and a description of what will be expected.

Spriter - Pixel artist essentially, making new sprite sheets for new map tiles, and overworlds/pokemon.

Mapper - Somebody to use Tiled Map Editor to make new maps including spawns, warps, npcs, and events.

Coders - Java coders to help debug problems with the server/client and be the core of the development team.

Web Dev - Code/Design/Maintain a web CMS specifically for the Pokenet Source.

Database Dev - Creating possibly a Wiki for Pokenet, including pokemon/items/npcs etc, as well as MySQL edits/additions if needed, working in colaboration with the Web Dev.

Again, please pm me if you want to work with me on this development server, and answer the poll if you would actively play the server.

Thank you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Finally someone that looks as though they are dedicated to debugging this thing!

I can help with web dev, coding and some bits of database stuff.

And the wiki could be an overall thing, where everyone helps.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Definitely and absolutely, i will play the developmental server, i can be a mapper if you need one Default.. :)
Lemme know when is the starting date of the server and i can only for 5 days a week but not 24hrs hehehe..
Goodluck!

~Lecks

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Would love to play. Although some of my time will be taken due to my working on a rom hack. :3

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can play/work on the server @ 7:30pm to 10:00pm of GMT8+..
It also depends, because i have my class and my life hehe..
Just post it here if the server is running or just PM me for the info, goodluck!
~Lecks

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Congratulations on the success of setting up your server Default!

I hope everything goes all right with the dedicated server! :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can't wait, so the server will only be for testers or is it open for all players?
Now we can start a real team development! ;)
I really can't wait for the server..

~Lecks

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Keep up the good work. I am quite curious about how this will all turn out.

Reaction score
Preview:
-DefaulT - [Development Server] - RaGEZONE Forums

Can't kilean the zilean
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I so want to play.

Alakazam<3

Reaction score
o_O
The site looks epic.
I noticed the background and did some research.
Maybe add a theme changer or something in the corner (Pikachu Yellow, Pigglypuff Pink, etc.)
I found backgrounds similar to the one you're using. All pokemon are covered;)

1-493:
494-646:

Keep up the awesome work -DefaulT
I'm looking forward to this (Y)
Hopefully I can learn more Java and PHP so I could help out on this project (I have skills, but they could be improved)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Freakin' awesome website Default!
GJ on the website!
I am so excited on the development, gonna try this after i finish on school hahaha!
Keep it up Default!

~Lecks

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Enjoy kids. Im going to start work on the actual server files now, this whole time was spent on the damn website etc.

Any chance I can have the source for the portal?

Also, I'm sure you're aware, but "download pokedev" button on the main page seems to redirect me to a website

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Any chance I can have the source for the portal?

Also, I'm sure you're aware, but "download pokedev" button on the main page seems to redirect me to a website

It's linking to a page that doesn't exist.

The download page is this

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Uhm Default, can you mirror the client to Mediafire?
I can't DL it properly, it only reaches 2.2mb sad to say..
Having connection problem i guess, thank you in advance!!

~Lecks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back