Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Graphics / Engine Preference

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi there!

Over the years we've seen many versions and renditions of Pokemon graphics, including some custom ones made for the Pokemon RPG's online and such. I'm thinking of creating a game myself and started wondering about what "graphics" / engine is most preferred by players. Has there ever been a poll that shows that? It's an interesting design question to keep in mind.

Feel free to post your preference down below if you want!

Reaction score
Hi there!

Over the years we've seen many versions and renditions of Pokemon graphics, including some custom ones made for the Pokemon RPG's online and such. I'm thinking of creating a game myself and started wondering about what "graphics" / engine is most preferred by players. Has there ever been a poll that shows that? It's an interesting design question to keep in mind.

Feel free to post your preference down below if you want!

I would personally start with what you would like to use. I'm planning on using the graphics in the Pokemon Unity project since it hasn't been used to that extent before. I plan on developing a personal game for enjoyment and education, if I can learn to add multiplayer a little later then that would be more enjoyable as I could get family and friends to try it with me.

Staff member
Reaction score
I would personally say use the most fitting and engrossing one to you or at least what you feel most comfortable with as I would use one's within my capability of handling. As sometimes trying to stretch to far can be rather rewarding or even difficult on the way yet can sum up to a beautiful work of creation for example some engines are more user friendly and some are just quite advanced yet smooth.

Back