Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help]High CPU usage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Out of nowhere (It's POSSIBLE it's my computer, but eh..) I started getting ~50-100% cpu usage AFTER spawning the player (After logging in). I tried using a clean client, same thing. Then I tried using a clean client AND server, still the same issue (it's only with the client, server runs fine). Any ideas?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Because it calls the update / render method every .1 seconds. Unless you changed the FPS. It's using about 8~15% on my i5-2500K @ 3.8GHz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Because it calls the update / render method every .1 seconds. Unless you changed the FPS. It's using about 8~15% on my i5-2500K @ 3.8GHz

I know it updates very, very often, that's not the weird thing about this - it didn't do this maybe a week ago. I would think malware, but that would make the server run like poop if I hosted on my computer as well, and it doesn't.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The server doesn't really eat up a lot of CPU / memory usage.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If malware was causing it to run like crap it would've made the server use at least a little bit of CPU, and it wasn't. That was my point. Anyways, I reinstalled windows today, haven't tested yet.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hmm I'm now having the same/similar issue. My cpu maxes out when ever i enter a battle and then returns to normal when I get out of the battle.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The server is hosted on a VPS tanomist. Would that actually have anything to do with it? lol

Back