Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PHP/Ajax/Javascript] Help in Exploration System!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am Not any pro coder or so..! its just that i code because i enjoy playing with the logics in programs and all!..

So just thought of trying out with a bit of Browser Based RPG game!... but i am stuck at just one position! i.e. Exploration Script.. hmnn something like moving on a map with either Arrow keys or Clicking some arrows on screen!...and when you reach the end of the map size .. it wont move at all!..

I tried all sorts of things to make it happen.. but failed!.. a friend of mine suggested to learn Ajax/JavaScript to make such a Exploration thing.. but since i am really impatient :p .. which i know is not good at all!.. i want some bit of help from anyone providing me with either a quick tut on how to make such exploration code.. or providing me with some coded source !...
I can assure you.. if you provide me any link to your Contact.. your work will be credited with official links!.. :)) Please help!

Thanks to everyone who reads this :)) and Who may consider helping me out a bit!...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
To be honest i am able to do nothing in this part!.. but i initially planned on doing something with X,Y coordinate changing using css or javascript.. (Dunno if its possible or not.. so sorry if its rubbish talks)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Based on your first post it sounds as if you have made an attempt already?
I tried all sorts of things to make it happen..
You could have co-ordinates that range from 99 to -99 (or whatever size you want the map)
And then run a check that if a user is going to go off the map, return an error for them and/or dont let them move

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well can you show any tut .. that might be handy in this regard? ..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay so basically i need to study :( .. thats sorrowful :p.. anyways.. so what exactly shall i study? css or javascript to learn the entire concept?..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you know php well I would start out with that, as that language is common to you.
Then I would suggest javascript or possibly HTML5 (that's what I am using along with Tiled to build the map)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
am quite thorough with php!.. but i know just the basics of Javascript!

BTW we can really make this explore script using HTML5? :O

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Then get a base up and running in php (not really a big task)
Add an error handling system to see if the user will go off the grid (eg 10 to -10 is the grid size, if the user is in 10 and -8 and they try to go up, they will get an error (10 being up and -10 being down and likewise for left to right))

Then add in the javascript.

From what I understand from your first post, what I think you mean by it, yes its possible with HTML5

Last edited:
Back