Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Pokemon Map + Adding

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I making maps for my pokemon game, and i wonder anyone could help me, how can i add to map pokemons and etc.

So it will be browsder based, so just the tamer moving with arrows or click to arrows and how cna i add wild pokemons to map?

Here is the example: I want do something like this? Which program you recommended to do this?

example - Pokemon Map + Adding - RaGEZONE Forums

Any tutorial? Thanks for helping!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You can use the 'Tiled Map' Editor.
Create a Map with the Editor and insert a Code into the Map Properties. You can use a Function like:

-Pokemon appearing in this Area (only Grass Fields):
Bulbasaur (Gender: Male ; Level: 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5 ; Shiny Ratio: 1,4% ; etc) ;
Mew (Gender: Female ; Level: 88, 88, 88, 88, 88, 88, 99 ; Shiny Ratio: 0,03% ; etc)

Now you must make the Client/Server able to read and handle the Function above to insert the Pokemon into the Map Area and let Spawn them. Above its only a Sample to show you how it works with The

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Is this a template or do you started your pokemon game from scratch?
It would be nice if you can share the game, you'll get much help here.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i decided i making a browser based.

But im very starter. So now i making maps, but i need lot of help with others. I dont know how to do javascript etc.. But i have spirit, and i hope i can make a good maps.

Reaction score
I'd suggest making all of the other website functions in php, and only do the map in javascript
It is possible to do it without the need of a server running 24/7 (just use the webhost) but that would require alot of database stuff and constant checks.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
database not problem and server, i need for helping in map+ java:S toturial for java:S

Reaction score
since your doing this in a web browser (youn said it in a previous post), make the map out of javascript.

I'm currently working on a javascript tiled map thing, i'll post it here if i manage to finish it very soon

edit 1-
here, i found this it may come handy for you. I think it's a wonderful guide and i have used it, it can be abit choppy in the final one but you should be able to find a way to fix it.

edit 2-
for some reason my link dissapered o_O here it is again:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
felixcruzer can u share, if u get it to work? im looking for a map where u can can click where to go, like u showed on the picture.

Back