Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

pokemon online

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
found something new might check that out its a javascipt developer from belgium who made a version of pokemon source is however not opensource i guess but you can play it and see what he has

and maybe someone can use it and release a better version of it / project

someone willing to help with this one ?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The result looks nice - this could be transformed into something like pokemon essentials.

The source itself isn't written that well. He uses the dom for entities instead of canvas. If you want to make an mmo based on this, it could get a performance problem in future. It will struggle down on too many players. Using the dom in games is just too stone age.

I flew over the source and noticed he s using jquery and a very bad fake depth system. The walking animations are sloppy as well.

I don't think it's a good idea to spend time on this. As said the result is nice but the behind is not imo.

Also got various unhandled errors, I can't run the game in chrome (it crashes my whole computer lol?).

Anyway, thanks for providing this nice peace

Your post inspired me to start to finish my latest pokemon game and release it here. It comes very close to the originals and has the ability to read graphics from gba roms - just like pokemmo does

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i didn't mean to take the hole source but maybe use some of his features like the walk and jump over ledges etc and his backpack i'm just more of a php mysql guy and i was looking for some multiplayer source but limited knowledge so maybe some team work on something would be nice

Back