Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Pokemon re-balancer looking for work!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am not sure if I am posting in the right area ,but I am looking to help re-balance the Pokemon for a Pokemon mmo!

What is a balancer?
A balancer is someone who works on making sure each fully evolved Pokémon is viable. Why use beedrill when you can use scolipede for example. A balancer would make both of these Pokémon viable, but still not the same. For example Beedrill might be a little slower, but he hits harder and is bulkier than scolipede. Now both Pokémon are viable options for a team, and one is not strictly better than the other. *This is just a random example to help you understand what it is I am talking about not an actual balance*

Why balanced Pokémon would be so awesome in a Pokémon mmo!
In a world where we can battle another trainer at any time , many trainers will want to be the strongest they can be. Any game that you play with other people will always become competitive, and it would be such a bummer if you absolutely could not use your favorite Pokémon while still being competitive! This would also allow role-players to actually be able to battle with their Role play Pokémon.

My balance philosophies

As little nerfs as possible!
I want to avoid nerfing Pokémon as much as I possibly can. No one likes something they like getting nerfed. I plan to bring up the other Pokémon instead of bringing the best ones down. When I absolutely need to nerf something I try to compensate it in another area. Lets say a pokemon is running around tanking hits and sweeping teams at the same time. It might loose some speed, and gain a good support move. Now it is a better tank ,but a worse sweeper. *Again just another random example, I want to avoid nerfs as much as possible*

Staying as true to the games as much as possible.

I do not want to change the type chart, and want to avoid changing the typing of Pokémon. Very few examples where I would consider changing a pokes type.

Removing silly luck.

Luck is a big part of Pokémon battling, but some of it is absurd. Let’s talk about fire blast vs flame thrower. This is healthy luck in my opinion, when you use fire blast you choose that over flame thrower knowing well what you are getting into. You sacrifice accuracy for power; this is a good trade off in my opinion. Some luck can just ruin battles though. Moves with a 10% chance to freeze for example are incredibly un-fun if you get frozen ,this can completely turn a battle around and basically remove a Pokémon from the battle when it happens. If I am allowed I would like to replace moves like that secondary effects with something like “10% chance to reduce speed 1 stage”. A speed drop can be big, but it is not guaranteed to totally remove a Pokémon from the battle like freeze does. I want battles to feel the same, but with a bit of the luck gone. I can elaborate on this a lot more, but this post is already huge so I will save it for later.

Adding moves and abilities.

This is something I can do if you want it. New moves and abilities can really help balancing, and it can also be very interesting. When you balance all the pokes it can be really hard not to make a lot of them too similar ,new abilities/moves can really help make each pokemon unique. It is still possible to do this without
Why choose me?
I have a lot of time on my hands, and am pretty good at using the damage calculator. I love feedback, and I do not mind criticism! I am willing to work with the community to help form a fun competitive scene! I can write a page on any balance I do, and can explain how to counter it.

I am very flexible with the way I can balance the Pokemon. I also have a huge amount of time to work on this ,and I will work almost everyday. If you have ANY questions please let me know! I can expand on any of the points I made if need be.

Back