Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PokeNET: Worldwide [CLOSED]

Think it's a good idea?

• Total voters
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Re: PokeNET: Worldwide

I don't think it's a good idea since everyone think differently and it's kinda hard to maintain all of the servers.
In addition, I'm pretty sure it will be a mess. How will you choose which servers will be displayed?
My first thought when I was reading this post is what about the language, because my main goal with this files will be to translate it to my country language. As soon as the client support multi-language, it make it easier. but my language is RTL (Right-To-Left), I'm not sure it will be able to support it too?

Conclusion: I don't think its a good idea to make one client with all the servers, It will just not work here,but I'm not saying it doesn't worth a try. Sharing and good developement relationship will be enought to make a great community.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I don't think it's a good idea since everyone think differently and it's kinda hard to maintain all of the servers.
In addition, I'm pretty sure it will be a mess. How will you choose which servers will be displayed?
My first thought when I was reading this post is what about the language, because my main goal with this files will be to translate it to my country language. As soon as the client support multi-language, it make it easier. but my language is RTL (Right-To-Left), I'm not sure it will be able to support it too?

Conclusion: I don't think its a good idea to make one client with all the servers, It will just not work here,but I'm not saying it doesn't worth a try. Sharing and good developement relationship will be enought to make a great community.

PokeNET's client automatically has a server listening implanted inside. You can decide which server you do or do not want to have inside and whether you want players to connect to it. The client also has language translation built inside but the custom version we're using may not include that and will have English as a primary language.

PokeNET is probably one of the best Open Source Pokemon Engines for online play out right now and it already includes a handful of features that will allow the user to simulate as if they were playing the GBA version of the game. The only thing is, the game would need effects (for moves like Bubble, Tackle, Ember etc.) but other then that, everything is good.

We can also choose if you want each server to run on the same database or run on a different database. Most questions for the engine can be answered easily by just viewing the main menu of it and going through it's files.

Last edited:

xkl

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

The servers will be selected on the server list selection. It can hold however many :p

PokeNET can support many languages. When I first released PokeNET: 2k13, I removed all the others, since I could only support English lol.

All these features will auto-load when the player selects which server they wanna choose. After reading the servers 'Information' button <3

The servers that wanna join have to specify what their server offers, that way we can all help out and make the community client support it.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Awesome! I'd love to help. I'm pretty good with sprinting.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

PokeNet should be updated to a actual Java Version cause atm users must downgrade their Java Version (i think it's confusing them) and much more users will play PokeNet if you can use the actual Java Version.
Correct me if i'm wrong:)

Edit: It's a old question but noone can answered this correctly to me: Is it legal to use nitendo's/gamefreak's Pokemon? The names, Sprites etc. are copyrighted. Are non-profit pokemon games legal or illegal?

Regards

Reaction score

Awesome! I'd love to help. I'm pretty good with sprinting.
Sprinting?

PokeNet should be updated to a actual Java Version cause atm users must downgrade their Java Version (i think it's confusing them) and much more users will play PokeNet if you can use the actual Java Version.
Correct me if i'm wrong:)

Edit: It's a old question but noone can answered this correctly to me: Is it legal to use nitendo's/gamefreak's Pokemon? The names, Sprites etc. are copyrighted. Are non-profit pokemon games legal or illegal?

Regards
Ofcourse it's not legal :D but you can get around several laws by using copyrights and saying who owns them.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Sprinting?

Ofcourse it's not legal :D but you can get around several laws by using copyrights and saying who owns them.

I think a good Source for "laws to prevent abuse" is the pokemoncreed.net "copyright, terms, laws etc. page", AlanDu has created a nice Anti-Abuse System - Only copy, edit "PokemonCreed" to "Your Pokemon Game" and that's it:-D

I mean this:

xkl

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I think a good Source for "laws to prevent abuse" is the pokemoncreed.net "copyright, terms, laws etc. page", AlanDu has created a nice Anti-Abuse System - Only copy, edit "PokemonCreed" to "Your Pokemon Game" and that's it:-D

I mean this:

Everything is illegal, besides the actual engine. Only way around it really is to create all sprites, maps, monsters ect. from scratch lol. Then rename it something else.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Spriting* Damn auto correct...

xkl

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I would like some more feedback on this idea. Even if you're not from this section, just viewing; login and vote. Will not hurt my feelings if you think this idea will not work. My plans are decided on this poll, which is why I made it. :)

Reaction score

So for people that dont get the list thingy:

Its like the modernwarfare 2 fourdeltaone mode. Its not official by the CoD franshise but there is a server list where you can pick on what server you'd like to play. Each server will have different stats though they have their own database (structure).

You could also compare it to minecraft ^^

Reactions: xkl

xkl

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

So for people that dont get the list thingy:

Its like the modernwarfare 2 fourdeltaone mode. Its not official by the CoD franshise but there is a server list where you can pick on what server you'd like to play. Each server will have different stats though they have their own database (structure).

You could also compare it to minecraft ^^

Exactly!

Back