Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[QUESTION] Pokemon Essentials Online

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Why no one supports or code with the RPG Maker and the Pokemon Essentials Online Script?
Its very easy to create a MMORPG with that for people without Programming knowledge!
The only things missing are a good trade system, battle system and the engine must be adjusted.!
Screens of PEO:
felixcruzer - [QUESTION] Pokemon Essentials Online - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
Why no one supports or code with the RPG Maker and the Pokemon Essentials Online Script?
Its very easy to create a MMORPG with that for people without Programming knowledge!
The only things missing are a good trade system, battle system and the engine must be adjusted.!
Screens of PEO:
Games made with that engine are fairly limited to customization in terms of code. And yes it may be easy, but you can't call it your own.

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Screens of PEO:

There's actually quite the community at which all create games with this.
I never seem to see anyone make ONLINE versions of it thought, at least partially completed. It could be a good idea because every server would have there own unique world but besides that, it would all look and be the same.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I recently came across this, not sure if it's related but why not throw it in here.

It uses RPG Maker I believe.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone actually made a successful mmo with this?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Has anyone actually made a successful mmo with this?

No because GameMaker's built in networking is only really built for 2 player, no mmo's. Someone did release a DLL for it called 39dll which is a ton better, how ever it does require you know GameMakers native language 'GML' but even then the way gamemaker works, it still wouldn't be hospitable for an MMO

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No because GameMaker's built in networking is only really built for 2 player, no mmo's. Someone did release a DLL for it called 39dll which is a ton better, how ever it does require you know GameMakers native language 'GML' but even then the way gamemaker works, it still wouldn't be hospitable for an MMO

Are you talking about Game maker or rpg maker, essentials is for rpg maker xp.

even with the ability to network if something like this can handle at least 20 people i don't see it being a bad thing. Maybe not Massively multiplayer but it's still Multiplayer with a community.

Reaction score
Are you talking about Game maker or rpg maker, essentials is for rpg maker xp.

even with the ability to network if something like this can handle at least 20 people i don't see it being a bad thing. Maybe not Massively multiplayer but it's still Multiplayer with a community.
Then you gotta think about when friends want their friends to play but it gets laggy, so then they all leave.
Has to have room for improvement.

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Then you gotta think about when friends want their friends to play but it gets laggy, so then they all leave.
Has to have room for improvement.

As much as that is a possibility, would you rather play a game that's like the real thing that includes maybe some lag?
Or a horrible imitation of the real thing, which includes tons of glitches, horrible game play and feels like the game is lagging all the time?

I'm personally not bother by small communities, so this isn't an issue for me.
Assuming other people in this section aren't bothered by it either, we can't say to just cross it out the idea.
But if nobody can get the method to work,then it's a dead idea.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As much as that is a possibility, would you rather play a game that's like the real thing that includes maybe some lag?
Or a horrible imitation of the real thing, which includes tons of glitches, horrible game play and feels like the game is lagging all the time?

I'm personally not bother by small communities, so this isn't an issue for me.
Assuming other people in this section aren't bothered by it either, we can't say to just cross it out the idea.
But if nobody can get the method to work,then it's a dead idea.

I prefer games with smaller communities. peopel always seem to be friendlier on them

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I recently came across this, not sure if it's related but why not throw it in here.

It uses RPG Maker I believe.

First:
Wow, glad someone found my project WIP :D

Although, it's still far away from done + It doesn't have Online features yet, except for Mystery Gift DLC.
However, I do have to find some more help into the project to get the online part added.
( I do work a little together with Maruno onto this )
Like as example, I am now very busy working on the Tournament System which hasn't passed 10% completion.
It's aimed to be a look-a-like of Black and White 2's Tournament System, search on youtube <3

Second:
Yes, it's based on RPG MAKER XP 1.04 (Convertable to 1.02a which most Pirated Users uses)

And last not least, the Third:
Pokémon Essentials: Online is a dead project which I believe for like 2 - 3 years, there is a user with the name who may plans to revives it though.
He is one of the DLC creators of: Mystery Gift, MySQL Trading System and Awards System(Achievements)

Edit
For those wondering... You can also find me in @ Pokecommunity forums.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First:
Wow, glad someone found my project WIP :D

Although, it's still far away from done + It doesn't have Online features yet, except for Mystery Gift DLC.
However, I do have to find some more help into the project to get the online part added.
( I do work a little together with Maruno onto this )
Like as example, I am now very busy working on the Tournament System which hasn't passed 10% completion.
It's aimed to be a look-a-like of Black and White 2's Tournament System, search on youtube <3

Second:
Yes, it's based on RPG MAKER XP 1.04 (Convertable to 1.02a which most Pirated Users uses)

And last not least, the Third:
Pokémon Essentials: Online is a dead project which I believe for like 2 - 3 years, there is a user with the name who may plans to revives it though.
He is one of the DLC creators of: Mystery Gift, MySQL Trading System and Awards System(Achievements)

Edit
For those wondering... You can also find me in @ Pokecommunity forums.
first, welcome to ragezone. and second you seem to of done a good job with how far you've gotten

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
first, welcome to ragezone. and second you seem to of done a good job with how far you've gotten

Thank you <3

Most of the scripts are Pokemon Essentials's Standard script, with some little edits here and there.
I've also made some scripts myself.
There's still much to come, i'll think about making a Post in the Development part. Not sure yet... Since we're only a team of 2.

I do Mapping, Scripting and other overall staff.
and Legit does the Mapping work as well.
So it's kinda about time to get some more help into this, since Legit isn't that much active anymore.
I'll worry about that later, this Tournament System's really giving me a headache ._.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Whoops, sorry about the double post D:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you <3

Most of the scripts are Pokemon Essentials's Standard script, with some little edits here and there.
I've also made some scripts myself.
There's still much to come, i'll think about making a Post in the Development part. Not sure yet... Since we're only a team of 2.

I do Mapping, Scripting and other overall staff.
and Legit does the Mapping work as well.
So it's kinda about time to get some more help into this, since Legit isn't that much active anymore.
I'll worry about that later, this Tournament System's really giving me a headache ._.

Haha, well gl with the tournament system. i'm taking a break from coding due to real life things, mainly the heat atm.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Atleast the Lobby's almost done though.
The biggest butthurt is the Tournament itself, but i'll get that sorted out. If not, I can always ask Maruno(Lead Developer of Pokémon Essentials) for more assistance.
He's a really great guy in the Support part of Pokémon Essentials :D

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Atleast the Lobby's almost done though.
The biggest butthurt is the Tournament itself, but i'll get that sorted out. If not, I can always ask Maruno(Lead Developer of Pokémon Essentials) for more assistance.
He's a really great guy in the Support part of Pokémon Essentials :D

That's great someone's always willing to help and encourage people with there projects.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can anyone give the link for the Pokemon Online please.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would't download it...
I've tried it out too, but is full of glitches and bugs everywhere in the scripts.

If still insterested into the out-dated project: you go <3

But remember... Project stopped since the developer was working on:

Fixing a bug with the message box appearing in the battle system.
^ Never finished!

Also the server's a bit of buggy, and may not run on several systems... I had this issue on Vista Home Premium and 7 Professional.
Maybe XP has more luck? Since i am no longer a XP user, I am not able to test it in there <3

Have fun since the Pokemon Essentials Online SRC as it's still a WIP/Unfinished project since somewhere in near the end of the year (October)2010.

Last edited:
Back