Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

an unknown error occured

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So......I compiled a new version of the client because I was attempting to add more badges to the gui......(got it to work for hoenn a while back, I was adding two of the other regions today...). After compiling it I launched the client and immediately new something was wrong cause the client crashed when I went to check the playerinfo button (1). So I went back through the code and realized I forgot to remove a bracket. Recompiled it and went to reboot the server and accidentally exited out of the server.....the wrong way......

So that was the back story......

Anyways........I figured that wasn't good so I loaded the original client and server. Now when I try to login with any account it says unknown problem occurred. It wont display any of the pokemon related to that account.....and the playerinfo box displays -1's for trainer level and all that stuff.

I suspect the server isn't using the db correctly........but i'm not sure.......

any suggestions would be appreciated....:blink:

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So......I compiled a new version of the client because I was attempting to add more badges to the gui......(got it to work for hoenn a while back, I was adding two of the other regions today...). After compiling it I launched the client and immediately new something was wrong cause the client crashed when I went to check the playerinfo button (1). So I went back through the code and realized I forgot to remove a bracket. Recompiled it and went to reboot the server and accidentally exited out of the server.....the wrong way......

So that was the back story......

Anyways........I figured that wasn't good so I loaded the original client and server. Now when I try to login with any account it says unknown problem occurred. It wont display any of the pokemon related to that account.....and the playerinfo box displays -1's for trainer level and all that stuff.

I suspect the server isn't using the db correctly........but i'm not sure.......

any suggestions would be appreciated....:blink:

So you can log in, but everything is displayed in negative values?

Try wiping the database and using a clean sql file. (The working one)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just deleted my database and put the blank one in..........it gave me an issue when I tried to register the account........but I saw that same error earlier with the old database.....anyways I logged in and it loads.....but it still has no pokemon and no playerinfo......when I look at the tables in the database the pn_pokemon table is blank. Is there a chance that the server is only interacting with some of the tables in the db and not all of them?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just deleted my database and put the blank one in..........it gave me an issue when I tried to register the account........but I saw that same error earlier with the old database.....anyways I logged in and it loads.....but it still has no pokemon and no playerinfo......when I look at the tables in the database the pn_pokemon table is blank. Is there a chance that the server is only interacting with some of the tables in the db and not all of them?

When I was setting up my server, I used the dump database which already had a couple players stored on it, and it worked perfectly. I don't think any of the other ones worked however.

Try this one:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
:blink:Tried it and it has the same exact problem?????:blink:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Figured it out it was the stupid pokemon.ini file that was porked up......I forgot I edited the same time I was editing other stuff, I must have a typo in it somewhere.

Back