Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Dev] Pokemon Generations Remake

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
[Dev] [Download] Pokemon Generations Remake

The Remake of Pokemon Generations is dedicated to the old version that was made by Xatoku. After he decided to stop development, I've been trying to replicate the mechanics made by him, using the assets present in the original version that was made available. The only thing I got from the version of Xatoku was the textures, some models of trees and sounds.

The project I'm doing is being done in Unity 5.6.6. After finishing doing everything (including the network part, I'll migrate to unity 2017). I'm just familiar with the old network system and need to study more the new one.

Main features:
* - All mechanics from original Pokemon Generations

Km0896c - [Dev] Pokemon Generations Remake - RaGEZONE Forums

Download link:

* - The network system has not been fully reviewed, some bugs may happen.

From now on I'm going to add some pokemons and then migrate to the newer version of Unity, the whole network will be reworked.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Could you elaborate on the engine? Did you create it yourself, which tools do you use, which language is this written in?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I left the post a little more detailed, when I have more time I see how i can improves it

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm trying to make everything work perfectly. When everything is working I will focus on making the game more beautiful

I still have to review the system to save the user information, currently are saved in an xml and for a mmo is not the recommended method

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I think by the end of the week all the bugs will be solved. I've managed to get pokemons to attack, but I have to re-create all the effects of the attacks

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I made a script to copy the animations during the runtime, it gave a bit of work but I managed to convert.

Update: Already able to do most of the attacks, I am currently checking if everything is working correctly

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
New Pokemon Status:

wdKahnr - [Dev] Pokemon Generations Remake - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Update to check pokemon type:

lwic9w7 - [Dev] Pokemon Generations Remake - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer of help, especially coming from you, but my intention is to get a designer so you can help me. Development is slow because I need to focus on art and it slows me down ^^

I think in a month I will have the whole project restructured and all the pokemons in the initial list working

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Update:

SJSmMWI - [Dev] Pokemon Generations Remake - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Main Menu update:

iOpIx1M - [Dev] Pokemon Generations Remake - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wow, maybe I am just ignorant to Pokemon MMO's, but this game looks very unique and worth paying attention to.

I've never really seen an interface or graphic scheme for a Pokemon game like this before :O
Looks great, keep up the good work!

Will this game be more of a free-roam/battle oriented game or will there be gyms and features similar to Nintendo games/anime?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The battle style will be the same as the Pokemon Generations that was made by Xatoku, totally free. I have not thought about the gyms yet since I'm worrying about the basics of the game.I need to fix some bugs and add some functionality, right after I can release a video and possibly a test build

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You just need to set up two pokémons and fix a bug to do a test build. Maybe I will still implement another GUI style, I still do not know for sure

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Finally I was able to finish all the pokemons and repair several critical bugs, now I will review the code and I will be creating a test version

Back