Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Pokemon Blaze Online

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi all, I want to share details of a Pokemon MMORPG I have been working on. I started working on the game last year around March but due to my University, I had to stop developing it by May.

I completed a lot of functionalities back then. Since my course is now finished I have started developing the game again from scratch. I am re-writing everything in order to maximise the performance as I was using some not so great frameworks.

Now let me give a little explanation of the game. The game is going to use something different to the traditional EV/IV stat system. We will use what is known as Stat Points which are awarded at every level up (5 at every level up). This will allow the users to take more control over their Pokemon i.e. it will allow users to make an only attack and speed Pokemon or to make only defense and no speed Pokemon (new possibilities).
Although every stat has to be lower than the maximum hp. The game is going to be a grind fest. Users will have to earn their Pokemon, levels, money etc. This is in order to create a more competitive environment in the game.

Here are some technical details of the game :

Programming Language : Java 8
Database : MySQL
Networking Framework : Netty
Serialization : Google Protobuf
Client side framework : LibGdx

The idea is to create a very scalable server and a cross-platform client.

Note: The game is not a re-code of any existing Pokemon source code, I am writing everything from scratch.

Team
Programmer : Me
Mapper, Gfx : Jiro (My friend)

As far as progress goes, I am currently working on the server and will start client once I feel the server is working well.
Server
Database Setup (80%)
Networking Setup (80%)
Login, Registration (80%)
PVP Battle Base (60%)
Wild Battle Base (70%)
Pokemon Moves (230/621 moves have been coded. Although not all 621 will always be working so basically most of the important moves are already coded)
Movement Logic (70%)
Chat System (80%)
Other functionalities (10%)
NPC Functionality (30%) Base written

Client
Networking Setup (100%)
Battle UI(40%)
Map, Lights, Weather rendering (100%)
Chat UI (100%)
NPC Rendering (90%)

I will keep updating the post with updates. Keep checking :)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
I wish you the best of luck on your project!!! I always wanted to try creating my own pokemon game and the fact that you're using Java is incredible, i'm learning Java through Udemy this Summer before taking a Java 1 & 2 this Fall. If i get proficient enough I may ask you if I can help later :) I already took basic and advanced C# so Java shouldn't take long to get the hang of.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks VolC. I wish you all luck with learning Java and since you know C#, Java won't be difficult. Just make sure you practice it well :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi there,

I played pokemon revolution online and it was one of my favorite games. I love the idea of Pokemon Online games and would love to try as many as possible. Unfortunately Pokemon Online games aren't too popular yet but I feel like they could become a huge thing. I'd love to help with your server, I am just learning code now but I could at least be helpful finding glitches and what not. If there is anything you'd need help with, let me know. If not, you should at least keep me posted on it's status! :laugh:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi there,

I playedSneh Tekriwal - Pokemon Blaze Online - RaGEZONE Forums pokemon revolution online and it was one of my favorite games. I love the idea of Pokemon Online gamesSneh Tekriwal - Pokemon Blaze Online - RaGEZONE Forums and would love to try as many as possible. Unfortunately Pokemon Online games aren't too popular yet but I feel like they could become a huge thing. I'd love to help with your server, I am just learning code now but I could at least be helpful finding glitches and what not. If there is anything you'd need help with, let me know. If not, you should at least keep me posted on it's status! :laugh:
Hey at the moment, there is not much I would need your help with but I will keep updating the post time to time with updates. Thanks for your willingness to help :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Update : I have started working on UI and it's going pretty well.
Here is a screenshot on how it looks.

Sneh Tekriwal - Pokemon Blaze Online - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Update : Worked a lot on the UI. Started basic battle system UI and for now I can encounter test pokemon and can battle it. I have only coded tackle move now and will keep it until I am confident that the battle system (Wild Battle atleast) has no bugs so that when I code other moves and a bug appear, I don't have to re write thousand lines of codes :) Battle UI only allows to use 1 pokemon for time being (No switches allowed) but all of this works perfectly. Here is a new screenshot with updated UI. Added Lights and Weather and collision detection on client side. Will add it on the server side soon too to avoid hacking. I will show the battle screen once more work is done on it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Update: Added more logic for Wild pokemon battle handling like pokemon fainting dialog switching, pokemon switching during moves etc. I have also coded warps on server and map warps work perfectly now. I am in process of working with NPC (Heal npc for time being) now and then will probably try and get the game tested with around 30-40 players with a small map with only tackle move with only 2-3 pokemon before I develop more so that I could find and fix the potential bugs.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This looks amazing thus far and I wish you well for the future development of the game.
Good luck!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks for all the wishes. The game is going great. I have developed basic wild, npc, pvp battles. I was stuck with synchronization of client position over server but now I have fixed that. I am trying to code only a small number of moves as of now because I want to get a small version tested with around 30-40 people with basic moves only as I mentioned earlier. I am just polishing the functionalities and adding missing stuff before I could allow the game to be tested. And yes, the future looks bright unless a major game breaking bug creeps in. :)

P.S. Here is a screenshot with NPC. Also I added zoom in map to make it look better.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Game looks amazing, would love to be part of the testing when you get all the bugs fixed up!

Keep up the good work guys.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
MAJOR UPDATE

Pokemon can now be caught in the game. I have coded a lot more moves which was not a plan for testing phase. Only pokeball as items work during battle. You can now change your party leaders and update stats. I am working hard on it and will try to get a testable version out asap. (Mapper has completed the map for test version)

Screenshot :)

(Name of the pokemon are sometimes buggy hence you see Mega Manectric. I will fix them soon.)

I know the HUD and UI is crappy but that is something which will be redone if the future of the game is secured.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
looks cool cant wait to play this , i am really excited now ,the images of the game really looks good amazingggg.......

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys, I was away for a week but back on developement now. Working on status moves at the moment as well as status effect like toxic paralysis etc. I think this may be the last work before a testable version (with some more cleaning up and testing on mine side) Thanks for all the support.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Great!
I like to see this type project.
I hope you continue updating this.

Back