Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] Remere's Map Editor

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This tutorial was made especially for the PDE!

1- Download the PDE.
2- Download the RME.
3- Open RME once installed.
4- In file / preferences / client version 8.54 choice and look for Client / data / things / 8.54.
5 Ready!
6. Now open the folder PDE3 Server / Data / items, copy and items.otb items.xml.
7. Go to C: / File Progam / Remere's Map Editor / data / 854 and paste it.
8 Ready.
9- If you do not get use goes file / preferences / client version and mark extended, if it is not yet, check transparency.

Download: http: //remeresmapeditor.com/marklar.php clients
Extendido:

Now's a tutorial for beginners.

Terrain Pallet

Nature:
In this tab / palette have everything related to nature (floors only), such as water, grass, dirt, sand, ice and others that you can see using the editor.

Cave:
In this we have the basics used in caves, the floors commonly used, lava, water, among others.

Snow:
This are all related to ice, icy mountains, stairs and other used floors.

Town:
Here we find all that can form a building / city / village and etc, floors, walls, etc.

Dooadad Pallet

Corpes:
In this tab logically it is located the bodies of monsters / human and etc.

outside:
Literally everything in the outside (no, I do not mean other countries), some examples of items that there is this: Portal, levers, cabins, wagons and others.

Hangables:
This tab contains everything that can be used as decorations on walls, such as blackboards, plates and other utensils.

inside:
Literally everything that exists inside (), items of examples that are found in this tab are: boxes, shelves, tables, chains, rugs and some types of plants used in homes.

Magic Fields:
The very name suggests, best magical field saying, known fire, energy and poison field among others.

Nature:
Literally everything that exists in nature, trees, bushes, tufts, rocks, plants and more.

Snow:
This tab contains everything that has to do with the theme of ice, items such as watches, chairs, some surfaces, trees and rocks.

Splash:
Water, blood and other fluids fragments.

Trash:
Literally garbage.

Statues:
Estatuas

Underwater:
In this tab there are only water items, rocks, boats in ruins, even water items such as starfish and others.

item Pallete

containers:
The compartments of the game.

Equipament:
Equipment, armor, etc ...

Food:
Food all kinds ...

ornaments:
Amulets, rings ....

Runes:
ALL game runes that have already been implemented and those that were not well.

Shields:
Shields.

Tools:
Tools, shovel, pick, hacksaw, etc ...

trinkets:
Well, I can not explain right but are clocks, data, finally, some objects of "ornament".

Weapons:
The weapons in the game, swords, maces, axes ...

Writables:
Items you can write, scrolls, books etc ...

Raw Pallete

Raw Pallete are items such as the simone map editor, loose items, the same ids ... In doodad pallete, for example, you boot the "head" of the bed and the whole bed appears, there is all separate categories are :

Boats
cellar
containers
exterior
grounds
interior
Nature
others
Sea
Splash
Stairs / Ramps / Ladders ...

It's basically the same thing as working in SimOne's Map Editor, but with the most up to date and organized palettes.

tutorials
As for monsters on the map:
Well, go to creature Pallete, and click place spawn, select a place and ... READY, now it's just you add creatures to spawn.

The Remere's Map Editor brings other news, now you need not be editing the creatures.xml, you simply do this:

NPCs:
If the map editor to load a map and have some npc unknown it will ask you to select the NPCs in the OT folder, go to the folder date / npcs, click the first npc now hold Shift and click the last npc and open.
Ready! Now the map editor will NPCs your otserver.

How do mountain:
Select Mountain in pallete terrain and Make mountain ... now to put the "edges" of the mountain I'll explain below.

Tools

Go on Terrain pallete, notice that there are icons (made by Héliton)
Opitional Auto Border:
Then you will using it to put the "edge" in the mountains, it can also be used to by edges on items such as wooden floor, bridges .... and it is a "self border manual".

Eraser:
Used to delete.
Normal Door Locked Door, Door Quest and Magic Door:
Are the doors NOTE: you only use a wall that the MAP EDITOR automatically selects the type of port.

Hatch Window:
Update Windows 7.92, those of to close.

window:
Normal windows that can not close.

PZ TOOL:
Area protection Zone.

LOGOUT THE TOOL:
One area where you get battle.

PVP ZONE TOOL:
Area where players can attack.

other Explanations

Rotating the items?
Simple, with some items of doodad palette can be rotated by pressing the X key

As Randomise entire map:
The Remere's Map Editor has a very useful function for otservers you did with SimOne Map Editor, "Randomize Map"
In this role he randomizes almost all tiles, grasses, ice, land of caves and etc ...
To do this go to Edit> Border Options> and click Randomize Map.

How to Make all edges:
This function allows for edges in your entire map at once, take the self border opçoedo and click Borderize Map, your map will have the edge.

How to zoom?
Simple, use the "roulette" that has the mouse.

Adding cities?
Map> Edit Towns> add
Select the way you want and click OK.

How do I change walk?
Use the "+" and "-".

How do I delete tiles houses / PZ?
You can delete any "brush", hold down the CTRL key and draw. (Shift still works as normal)

How do I use the erase tool?
Select the tool to erase.
If you just click the left mouse button, you only remove items in the current position.
If you hold down Ctrl while clicking the left mouse button, you erase tiles and floor.
If you hold down Shift while clicking the left mouse button you can select a space where you want to delete all items.
If you hold down Ctrl, Shift and the left mouse button you can select a space where you want to delete all items and all terrain.
Unless you uncheck the "Eraser does not delete unique items" in the Menu preferences rubber excludes items not in containers or items with unique and / or action ID.

How do I make houses?
Well, to make homes in Remere's Map Editor you must first create a city ....
To create a city go to MAP> EDIT TOWNS
There you make the city ...
Now make a house, go in the house pallete, select the city and click add.
Select the Tiles of the house and then out of it.
There, there is your home.

I do not find a certain item, where is she?
You can find all the items using the "Raw Palette" or search - by pressing "J" on the keyboard. You can search for both names and IDs. The list of all the items found in the search are displayed in a list below.

How do I copy / paste / move a part of the map?
If you have an item or "brush" selected an area to select the "pointer" (or whatever it's called). Now hold down shift and drag your mouse, holding down the left mouse button to select an area. Now, you can simply move the selected area, or press Ctrl + C, Ctrl + v to, then paste - it in the Editor. You need to click with the left mouse button before you put the content glued to the map itself.

I can not put staglamites on the water!
You can put doodads on blocking tiles, hold ALT.

I want another tree! I can see the kinds of changes?
Hold down CTRL and click space, while the doodad is selected the change will change.

The walls have the wrong direction! How do I run them?
Hold down ALT with the selected wallbrush and click the tile to turn that wall.

How to make snow / ice mountains?
Well, first you must download it HERE, when you replace the files, go to the pallete terrain, then snow.
You will realize that there are two new icons, snowy mountain and icy mountain.
Now click on them, make the mountain you want, half had been "bugged", now go in tool "optional auto border" and make the edges of the ice mountain.
Shortcuts
T - Terrain Pallete.
H - House Pallete.
I - Items Pallete.
D - Doodad Pallete.
C - Creature Pallete.
R - RAW Pallete.
X - Rotate items.
:junglejane:​

Back