Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PokeMMO Server+Client (Browserbased)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
[RELEASE] PokeMMO Server+Client (Browserbased)

felixcruzer - PokeMMO Server+Client (Browserbased) - RaGEZONE Forums

A browserbased Pokemon MMORPG called "PokeMMO" with 'Node.js' server and 'mongodb' database.

This game is NOT

Code languages:
-Haxe
-Javascript

Screenshots:

Downloads:

Tutorials:
Disable Captcha Tutorial: by muertet
I see many people having problems with the captcha, i recommend this simple solution:

1. Open /regserver/regserver.node.js

2. Replace line 148:

Original Code:
callback(success, result);

Replace with:
callback('true', result);

Now captcha response will always return true, even if it failed.
Setting up Tutorial (localhost): by SonyP_
How to run a server locally
=====

First you have to install:
* nginx:
* Node.js:
* MongoDB:

Note:
* In the default settings, you need to create a folder for mongo at C:\data\db, before starting the bin\mongodb.exe (in Windows)
* When you run nginx in Windows it'll just open a command prompt and close, but it's working. Open "http://localhost/" in your browser to confirm

Start up nginx and mongodb.

Copy (don't move, copy) the contents from the /site/ dir to the html folder in nginx.

The lastest commit has the game engine configured to connect to localhost, so you shouldn't have to change anything regarding the server ip, but if for some reason in the future this changes, you have to edit IPs in the /site/js/main.out.js file to point to the correct IP address.

Now start up the registration server in the /regserver/regserver.node.js file, just run "node" from the command line with that file as the argument.

Start the game server in the /server/server.out.node.js

Note that the server needs the folder "site" in the parent directory of it. So when you had copied the site files to nginx, make sure you didn't delete them from their original location.

You only need the registration server during the registration process, it will create the needed database structures for you. Now go to in your browser and create an account.

Everything should be up and running. Open multiple browser windows and login into other accounts to test multiplayer features.
Setting up Tutorial (localhost): by Deathlord17
Setting up Tutorial (Online): by omnija
Create a Register Captcha (Online): by omnija
Development:
Language Files:
by felixcruzer
by felixcruzer
Spanish
Graphic Fixes:
by omnija
by omnija
Tools:
Shiny Followers:
Shiny Followers by martinx09
Viridianflorest Error Fix:
Go into the Server directory, open "Server.out.node.js" search for "ViridianFLOREST" and change to "ViridianFOREST" Save & Start the Server.
TODO:
-Bag
-Pokeballs
-TM's + HM's
-Pvp
-Trade
-Potions
-Berries
-Bike
-Npcs
-Add details for rest of pokemon
-Gyms
News:
3.02.2013:
, the creator of restarted to work on .
He fixed the Haxe project compiling error.
Also he wants to recode the game engine.
19.02.2013:
Version of is just amazing, he added tons of stuff and fixed a lot.

Take a look at his

Development Progress:

World Data:

Kanto region
Hoenn region
Johto region
Map connections
NPC spawns
Object spawns
Signpost spawns
Wild encounter rates
Pokemon Data:

Pokemon data
EV support
IV support
Move learning
Evolution support
Nature support
Ability suport
Move data
Graphics Engine:

Support for animated tiles
Support for basic player customization
Warp/Door animations
Move animations
Cliff jump animation
Battle Engine:

Wild encounters
Escaping from battle
Battle support for Moves
Battle support for Switching
Battle support for Items
PvP Battles
Trainer Battles
Game Engine:

Account system
Trade system
Chat system
Speech system
Interface system
Item system
NPC Data:

NPC spawns
NPC interacting
Quests
Sound System:

Background sounds
User Interface sound effects
Volume Changer
Battle sounds
Move sounds

The Creator of the game made it Open Source, so make it Open Source too and share your fixes with us :)!

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
he says thats its really cool and that some one finds a way to get it working google translate<.<

will try it out if i get it working

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Reaction score
From the looks of it, there's a ton of different coding languages(Python,haxe,html,JS, and probably some others).

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Anyone got it working? Yes that's the wrong section but the problem is: i don't know how to use nodejs! I think the Game is stable and the source looks very nice...but i dont know how 2 run

Reaction score
Anyone got it working? Yes that's the wrong section but the problem is: i don't know how to use nodejs! I think the Game is stable and the source looks very nice...but i dont know how 2 run

I'll give it a go shortly, but i've got to sort out mysql stuff with my pc first

Anybody managed to locate the database? i can get the server running but it crashes as i havn't got the database running. ATM im looking through the code and finding out what the database has to be.

edit--

Ok so far, i've managed to get the server running and the database server running/ but when i go to register. the client just sits there doing nothing.If you want me to help you set this up so that you can try and get further than me, contact me via pm.

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I'll give it a go shortly, but i've got to sort out mysql stuff with my pc first

Anybody managed to locate the database? i can get the server running but it crashes as i havn't got the database running. ATM im looking through the code and finding out what the database has to be.

edit--

Ok so far, i've managed to get the server running and the database server running/ but when i go to register. the client just sits there doing nothing.If you want me to help you set this up so that you can try and get further than me, contact me via pm.

Debug the poop with Firebug?

Reaction score
Debug the poop with Firebug?
I'm going to when i can get my butt back onto my pc. hmm, fuckit i'll be sorting it out right now, hopefully i'll get some answers soon.

edit-
IDK how i did it, but tis fixed! and no need for a database, mogodb autoamtically creates an necessary tables or columns that are stated.

I advise using firefox for this game, google chrome has errors at different points, either failing to load map data, or failing to exit the game, failing to exit a fight after a level up.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
So Deathlord can you make a tut how to create the server.and client? :) is the game good, cause.the screen.looks beatiful

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Reaction score
How much of it actually works?

p.s i take back what i said

Reaction score
Well, there is pokemon following the player ,pokemon encounters, animated objects(flowers, doors) but the map only goes up to viridian forest.
OK, quick guide to set it up:
go to and download the version for you.
download the latest version (2.2.0 as of this) for your os from:
now head to (if on windows obviously, if not find the one for your OS)
That is a guide on how to setup mongodb, i will write you lot up a quick one below that may be easier for you.

move the downloaded files to your C: drive
now, click the windows start button, open up "cmd" or "command prompt" .
now you will need to type this:
Code:
cd C:\
move C:\mongodb-win32-* C:\mongodb
now, type this:
Code:
md data
md data\db
The data folder resides in your C drive, it's where the databases are located.

Now, make a bat file wherever you want (desktop if you don't know where yet)
inside of that file, put this:
Code:
start C:\mongodb\bin\mongod.exe
start C:\mongodb\bin\mongo.exe
mongod i the database server, and mongo is the program we can use to access the database.

With that done, save the .bat file (or whatever for linux or other OS) and run it, any errors post below.
Now head to the server files, and run the run.bat files in both the regserver and server folders.
USE FIREFOX FOR THIS PART
go into the folders than you downloaded for pokemmo, then into site, then open up "play.html"
then that should be fine, just post a query below if you have any errors!

so easy to edit this :D no compiling needed!!!!! just save and try!
So, yeah i decided to change the text box, so that ppl with the different accountLevels have different colours, it seems to go 0 = player, 30 = mod, 70 = admin, 100 = owner. So I kept players the same, mods are green name and text, admins are blue name and text, and owner is orange name and text.

it's only first gen pokemon (the best).

you will need this for map editing:
look for downloads on the right side of the page, pretty easy to use map editor.
if the map doesn't come out right the first time it's exported, just try again.
sometimes you will get only the 'solid' blocks instead of the actually map changes.
MUST BE EXPORTED AS A .JSON FILE!

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I got error, but i fixed: server says "cant find veridianfLorest" , easly rename "veridianforest" to "veridianflorest" in site/resources/maps

:D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh poop yeah sorry forgot to mention that bit :p i knew there was something i had forgotten to mention!

but i wouldn't rename that, just go into the server's .js file and search for "florest" and change it to "forest".

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The Client has no audio, right?
I think this Release is the best working Pokemon MMORPG, it's not very advanced, but the basis exists, also its easy to edit, and the game looks very beatiful :3

Reaction score
What has been made so far, is very good and has obviously taken some time to get it to this stage.
Things that still need to be made:
Bag
pokeballs
TM's + HM's
potions
berries
bike
npcs (most calculations for exp, and other battle scenarios that include other trainers are already added)
add details for rest of pokemon (up to #411 sprites have been added including shinies and backs, but not added to the table)
gyms

and a few things too.

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Reaction score
anyone have a public test server up?

Reaction score
How do you edit the database?

Well, use the mongo.exe like the mongod.exe
make a batch file that is "start C:\mongodb\bin\mongo.exe" then it should connect to the mongo server if you have it running.
This is my batch file to start the server:
Code:
cd C:\mongodb\
start bin\mongod.exe
start bin\mongo.exe
TIMEOUT /T 3
cd C:\wamp\www\pokeMMo\Matheus28-Pokemmo-6f16fed\regserver\
start run.bat
cd C:\wamp\www\pokeMMo\Matheus28-Pokemmo-6f16fed\server\
start run.bat
Just change the directories to yours.

on the database editor "mongo.exe" (second to open) if it says 'Connected to test' then type:
Code:
use pokemmo
look up online for the commands to use.

OR
you could do this :D
download mongoexplorer @

That is my favourite database tool. it does lag a little bit, but it's the easiest to use and save and loading database is very quick (auto i think, just press ctrl + s anyway)

Back