Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PokemonData - PokeAPI Conversion Tool | Pokemon Database

Reaction score
PokemonData is a simple tool that converts the JSON Data from to data usable for a database.

How it works
The tool calls the API regarding the topic chosen and returns a JSON dataset, which is then parsed and converted to an SQL file. Open the terminal where PokemonData.exe is located and use it in the following way:

Code:
> PokemonData -c/-category <all/pokemon/berry/item/move/machine/evolution> [-limit <number>] [-offset <number>] [-l/-language <language>] [-v/-version <version>] [-nocache]

/ is used to indicate that one of those should be picked.
<> is used to indicate a value.
[] is used to indicate that this is optional.

-c/-category: A category of what should be converted. All will convert evertying, but is not advised to use because of
-limit: The amount of objects that should be converted. Only applied to the end-lists (huge lists) (DEFAULT: all)
-offset: The offset of objects of where the conversion should start. (DEFAULT: 0)
-l/-language: The language of text that should be returned, if possible. Check . (DEFAULT: en)
-v/-version: The game version of which data should be converted. Check (DEFAULT: x-y)
-nocache: Triggers the application to destroy all previous data and convert everything. (DEFAULT: false)

Note: There's a lot of calls to be done, so the API will sometimes return error 429 (TOO MANY REQUESTS). All data parsed before that is cached and the tool will skip these calls to keep the API calls to a minimum.

Used to make
Newtonsoft.Json - JSON Parse tool
Visual Studio 2015

Important
If you just want the data, please download the SQL link, as I do not want the API to suddenly get overloaded with calls. Everything is pre-converted and included in this thread because of this reason.
The tool is not even near to perfect, but works effectively. If you wish to convert more, you are welcome to download the source, build some in and post your update here (or keep it for yourself).
If you want to use the tool, but do not wish to re-compile it, download the binaries and make sure to keep the DLL in the same location as the tool.

Links

Credits for others
Bradley

If there are any small bugs, I'm willing to fix them, but I'm not going to broaden its functionality on a whim. Naturally, you are welcome to edit it however you see fit.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Good Tool! I've personally coded my own system that scrapes, files, and insert directly into database and tables

Reaction score
I will post an updated version of the tool with all the bug fixes later.

Fixed all bugs. Uploading new binaries and source now. Updated SQL will have to wait because of error 429. Will upload ASAP.

Back