Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE] Pokemon Dawn Src (German Pkmn XNA MMORPG Project)

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Reaction score
Re: [RELEASE] Pokemon DoD Source (German Pokemon XNA MMORPG Project)

Engine, editors and client works by me ;)

Should i upload the compiled files with the libraries etc.?

Yes, and maybe explain how to get past the breakage when compiling the server.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

All works.but the server has a bug in code, i dont.know how to fix, but.i`ll Post the error here.and.uploud.the.compiled.files today. I hope that somebody has good knowledge in vb :D

Reaction score

All works.but the server has a bug in code, i dont.know how to fix, but.i`ll Post the error here.and.uploud.the.compiled.files today. I hope that somebody has good knowledge in vb :D

Theres plenty of us here that learnt vb as a first major/proper language (excluding html ect)

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Reaction score

thought you bypassed the server problem.

De-bugging results in this:

L6lSh - [RELEASE] Pokemon Dawn Src (German Pkmn XNA MMORPG Project) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Thats the same error like my debug text brings...doyou know how to solve/fix this problem?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I'm almost certain that error is from the NHib framework (whether it's being used in this project is could mean otherwise), just read the error properly and right at the bottom it says it right there, silly me!

Either way it's to do with the mapping in NHibernate, I haven't looked at the source and I don't have time to, but check out this blog post and you should be able to follow it back through the factory pattern, it should be in one of the concrete classes

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

@DeathLord17 The Pokemon Dod Website Link you posted at the top is fake and NOT the official Pokemon Dod! The official DoD Creator said, that this Game is fake and maybe stealed from him.

*I uploaded the compiled Server, Client, Tools and "Test Engine" Look at my start thread post.

Last edited:
RaGEZONER || Webdevloper
Banned
Reaction score

Pokemon dawn of darkness a currently running server.

Yet this is the official site.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

guide on how to create the server?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

noone has the server currently get running..i do my best, i think i have news this evening.
if anyone gets the server running PLEASE write the tutorial here!! Thanks in advance

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

What poop?!

He has a point, have a little look at some articles across the web, Windows 8 is going to be pretty locked down like Mac OSX, even Steam and big named games might not be able to publish to Windows 8! It's just a possibility though but it is looking more and more likely!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This Project is NOT Pokemon Dawn of Darkness, its named Pokemon Dawn. Look at the client test, i think this will work on win8, the project uses Xna and the latest vb compenets..

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Reaction score
This Project is NOT Pokemon Dawn of Darkness, its named Pokemon Dawn. Look at the client test, i think this will work on win8, the project uses Xna and the latest vb compenets..

If it's not DoD then it must be this

felixcruzer - [RELEASE] Pokemon Dawn Src (German Pkmn XNA MMORPG Project) - RaGEZONE Forums

.. looks fun, with a map you can see xD.
Also your the one who called is Dawn of darkness so it's you fault for people assuming wrong.

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Reaction score
This might be why it doesn't work... Compiled in C# client and C++ for server.

The client version is programmed completely in C # and XNA3 and later communicate with the browser version. This is currently on hold because our focus currently lies entirely on the browser version.

For the browser version, we are completely in HTML5 and Javascript. The complete graphics (except for the GUI), which we use in our game that is rendered on a canvas. The game logic, we then convert to Javascript or jQuery. The interface (GUI) is then placed over it with HTML and CSS.

The server on which the whole is then run, are based on C + +

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This might be why it doesn't work... Compiled in C# client and C++ for server.

This shouldn't be a problem, a lot of servers are written in C++ while the clients are written in alternative languages, a good example would be the SmartFox server which is able to take connections from C#, AS3, JAVA and a range of other languages.

Back