Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE] Pokeworld - a major improved Pokémon-SKY spinoff

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm getting this error, can anyone help me ?

I have not changed anything at index.php

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in C:\wamp64\www\poketest\index.php on line 642

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
  1. Click on the wampserver tray icon.
  2. Go to PHP. Then PHP Settings
  3. Enable short open tag.

I'm getting this error, can anyone help me ?

I have not changed anything at index.php

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in C:\wamp64\www\poketest\index.php on line 642

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you very much, the error did not appear any more, but now has another error, I tried to create a new user in MySQL and change the password, but it did not work, I will send a print of the error and configuration file.

CZyQKSb - [RELEASE] Pokeworld - a major improved Pokémon-SKY spinoff - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you very much, the error did not appear any more, but now has another error, I tried to create a new user in MySQL and change the password, but it did not work, I will send a print of the error and configuration file

What's your PHP version?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Almost have a full english translation done. My fingers hurt from all the typing. More than likely it will be an extremely rough translation, but it will be easier to work out the kinks down the line for those looking for an english version of this awesome release. All the text is 3/4 done, after that I will work on changing the coded values to english.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@Horikita: You need to edit your php ini and disable warnings, find the value error_reporting and change it to:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED

Mind that keeping error reporting on while developing makes it a lot easier.

garall94: Note that there are translation files in the source already, they aren't complete and indeed some values are hardcoded. I will work on a solution to set a language soon.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@Horikita: You need to edit your php ini and disable warnings, find the value error_reporting and change it to:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED

Mind that keeping error reporting on while developing makes it a lot easier.

I found the file and changed it as you said, but it still keeps giving the same error

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Try it without a MySQL password.. seems like there is no password set for your MySQL?
I got the password and it still did not work, it still has the same error :(

You need to restart the server :)

Before @ has two "in these two quotes was to appear the login user, but it is not appearing, the only thing I can think of is that it is not being able to find the MySQL user login

rWtvfBM - [RELEASE] Pokeworld - a major improved Pokémon-SKY spinoff - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am aware there are translation files. I have fully translated the files roughly. I am playing the various aspects of the game to edit them as I see fit because frankly the rough translation leads to some things not making much sense. The only thing I haven't translated is the Admin panel. All in game features have been translated to English.

My next step will be to change over the hard coded values which in all honesty shouldn't be that difficult if I do them one at a time.

After that I will do the admin panel last.
@Horikita check your config. It doesn't look like you're using a MySQL user if that is your error. Check to see if you deleted something out of your config file causing it to throw the error.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I got the password and it still did not work, it still has the same error :(

Before @ has two "in these two quotes was to appear the login user, but it is not appearing, the only thing I can think of is that it is not being able to find the MySQL user login

rWtvfBM - [RELEASE] Pokeworld - a major improved Pokémon-SKY spinoff - RaGEZONE Forums
Aha, do you see any error? Could you make a screenshot? :)

I am aware there are translation files. I have fully translated the files roughly. I am playing the various aspects of the game to edit them as I see fit because frankly the rough translation leads to some things not making much sense. The only thing I haven't translated is the Admin panel. All in game features have been translated to English.

My next step will be to change over the hard coded values which in all honesty shouldn't be that difficult if I do them one at a time.

After that I will do the admin panel last.
@Horikita check your config. It doesn't look like you're using a MySQL user if that is your error. Check to see if you deleted something out of your config file causing it to throw the error.
Ah sweet, you are taking a load of my back. I can help if needed, just pm me if you have such a case that doesnt make sense.

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
There is apparently no error in MySQL, the error is that of the print when I try to open the site.

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
There is apparently no error in MySQL, the error is that of the print when I try to open the site.

Can you please post the code thats in your config.php file so we can take a look at whats in there [emoji16]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I think that's it, if you want to see some more code just ask

My.ini

config.php

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post

I've edited some files to make the source work on PHP 7.0/7.1
Just extract those files, fill in the data of your database in the config.php file and you'll see a running index page.

Maybe DarkShifty will add this to the git of the source. :cool:

This is just the start, and not much effort has been put in since i downloaded the source because of time.
I will work on the source tomorrow evening, so more updates will follow :w00t:

Code:
Remove the error reporting from the Index.php to deny all the notices (i'll try to fix them in the near future)

View attachment 161474
Also in this screenshot, deny the notices since i've got my error reporting turned ON

View attachment 161473

Trying to use your updated files with php 7.1 but no matter if I use XAMPP or WAMP I have the same problem....

darkshifty - [RELEASE] Pokeworld - a major improved Pokémon-SKY spinoff - RaGEZONE Forums

darkshifty - [RELEASE] Pokeworld - a major improved Pokémon-SKY spinoff - RaGEZONE Forums

Seems again nearly running.... but just nearly... x*D

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I got it running smoothly with:
wampserver.com

created a virtual host which i directed to my source folder

made sure it was set to php 5.6

enabled short_open_tags
disabled display_errors
commented line 2030 of my php.ini (;zend_extension =)

added my mysql user details (localhost and root) to the includes/config.php file

rebooted the server.

Now it may complain about the news table beeing empty in news.php or the google captcha that isn't set up properly in register.php
All the rest should be functioning fine, disable the captcha temporary by coding and create a user. set that user to admin level 3 and your good to go.

Put Community First
Reaction score
Shame it's using old mysql functions and not progressive methods such as PDO :(, and too many lines for me to be bothered editing, lol. Guess I'll have to give this one a miss but it looks quite good. Thanks for releasing it to the community :).

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I got it running smoothly with:
wampserver.com

created a virtual host which i directed to my source folder

made sure it was set to php 5.6

enabled short_open_tags
disabled display_errors
commented line 2030 of my php.ini (;zend_extension =)

added my mysql user details (localhost and root) to the includes/config.php file

rebooted the server.

Now it may complain about the news table beeing empty in news.php or the google captcha that isn't set up properly in register.php
All the rest should be functioning fine, disable the captcha temporary by coding and create a user. set that user to admin level 3 and your good to go.

If you got some free time, do you mind taking a look over TeamViewer if you can see what`s the problem? Can`t get it.

Edit: Switched from php 7 to 5.6 and it`s working fine. lol :p

Back