Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Compiling PokeNET .Jar Files to Exe for Windows

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright bud, this is my first time to write a tutorial, so don't expect anything marvelous from it.
I'll keep things short, ask question (question, not questions :p) if you don't understand about something...

After compiling you .jar, you'll have something like this...
Altheim - Compiling PokeNET .Jar Files to Exe for Windows - RaGEZONE Forums

Things that you'll need
  • PokeNet

Alright, i'll assume you have instaled both your Java & JRE now.
Now step
1. Extract Your PokeNet and go to your client file, it'll probably look like this

2. Get your Launch4J up, your output file will be where the exe files comes out,
your jar, would be your client .jar files!

You can put any icons that you want it to have in your icon path, process priority is how you want your exe priority to run in the user computer(i would suggest to leave it as normal)

Error title is when the java crashed.
Here's a screenie to help you get it buddy

3. Click on your JRE tab in your Launch4J
Now, you would wanna put in the JRE path of your client (same folder as the client, look at my first ss of the client for reference)
Here, i'll just make it simple and make it in the same folder, but you might wanna put it in the lib to hide it a bit so ur client looks cool...

The Min JRE version would be your JRE version, the max as well, but don't really bother with it mate, you got the bundled version already, so why bother??

Now don't tick the 64-bit, otherwise people with 32-bit windows won't be able to run it,

Next step is your JVM options, this is the line that you usually find in your start.bat, put it there~

Here's a screenie to help you get it

4. The Version Info, go ahead and bust your way through it, or just leave it empty

5. Ur' good to go! now just click that gear icon over there, and freakin save your setting!

6. Save it, and it'll compile..

7. Don't go to your exe file yet, go to you "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java" or wherever you installed your JRE, now copy the damned file

8. Now you can go to your client folder...
Now in my case, the JRE patch that i set before was just "JRE6", so i would rename the folder that i copied from my java installation into "jre6", and put it into my client folder...

Then, you better get the lib & res files from your PokeNet client source, and paste it into your client folder, don't forget the rev.txt :eek:tt:

It'll look like this once you completed everything...

9. Test it! (You can uninstall your JAVA & JRE to if you want... you don't need it anymore to run the client)

Here's my client screenshot!

NB:
What's awesome about it is, you no longer have that black annoying CMD box, so it'll all look beautiful now!

And sorry PokeNet, you ain't getting ur default screen in my client :lol:

Now, everyone can be happy! No Java, no JRE, whatever hate complicated stuff, just play the game! Let's roll~

Last edited:

xkl

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Why doesn't this thread have comments yet?
Anyways, excellent tutorial man! :)
This should be implemented on every server running, PokeNET.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Probably because anyone have tried it??
Hahahaha,

Thanks bro, and
indeed, it's a really helpful program, eliminates all the hassle and barrier making player install a JAVA :D

Btw, xkl, are you still working on the PokeNet project??

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
my game have no speech and no monster at all .... and no words appear......

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
my game have no speech and no monster at all .... and no words appear......

You are using the wrong java version then :eek:
Are you using Poke.Net / Pokemonium??

PokeNet require Java 6, Pokemonium require java7

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can you repost picture on number 3, 7 8 ? i cannot see it... i want change to exe but looks like not clear to me. please.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
not working i installed java jre 1.8.0 and 1.6.0 but every time itshow me an error pls help me

Back