Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide]Changing Pokenet Map Spawns

Reaction score
1. First, get the map editor:
[Release]Tiled Map Editor - RaGEZONE forums

2. Open the map editor

3. Open a map
-DefaulT - [Guide]Changing Pokenet Map Spawns - RaGEZONE Forums

4. Click on Map> Map Properties

Here is a breakdown of the Map Properties window.

Code:
Name					Value

dayPokemonChances		Pidgey,50;Rattata,5;Sentret,40;Hoppip,5;
dayPokemonLevels		2-4;2-4;2-3;3-3;
fishPokemonChances		Poliwag,70;Magikarp,20;Remoraid,10;
fishPokemonLevels		10-40;10-40;40-40;
nightPokemonChances		Rattata,45;Hoothoot,55;
nightPokemonLevels		2-4;2-4;
pvp				disabled
waterPokemonChances		Poliwag,90;Poliwhirl,10;
waterPokemonLevels		15-24;20-24;
wildProbability			10
xOffsetModifier			0
yOffsetModifier			0
<new property>

Alright, basically it goes like this.
list the day pokemon, then the percentage in which they are on the map. so 50% pidgey, 5% ratata, 40% sentret, & 5% hoppip, that makes 100% thats enough. then you list the levels, for pidgey its 2-4, ratata 2-4, etc you just go down the line in the order you put them in. Same thing for the night pokemon.

Pvp is either disabled, enabled, or enforced. Never used enforced so just do enabled or disabled. Water pokemon chances and levels, are when your surfing, and fish chances and levels are when your fishing. Wild probability, is duh, the probability of running into a wild pokemon.

The offsets are just the offsets for the map.

Change what you want, press ok, save the map, then make sure you do it on client and server, then your good to go.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How do you download from the SVN link in your signature? I'm using the one from the tutorial thread and time isn't functioning.

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Click on checkout and copy this
into the SVN check out =

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
is there any way of making custom npcs so they can tele you to certain places etc...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
do you know if all pokemon work or just kanot & hoenen?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There are 493 pokemon from Bulbasaur to Arceus.
Check pokemon.ini in your server>res folder

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
There are 493 pokemon from Bulbasaur to Arceus.
Check pokemon.ini in your server>res folder
2 questions can you add shiny sprites and then if i wanted to add 5th gen would it be possible or would i mess it all up?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You would have to add them all one by one though, get the sprites for them, and code them into client and server files.

But i don't quite know about the shiny, i haven't read that much on the pokemon editing side. probably could be easy because there is apart of the SQl i believe where you state if it is shiny or not.

Reaction score
Shiny pokemon are coded, please read the topic you have for the information on those.

On another note, the black/white pokemon are not yet implemented, you could do it by hand or wait for me to finish my bulbapedia scraper to do it automatically, however the client is only set to load 'x' amount of sprites so the source would need to be edited to load more sprites without errors.

Back