Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[DEV] LastChaos EP2 Emulator to be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Since I'm stuck at a very crappy moment writing my LastChaos EP2 Emulator.
I decided to share what i have so far and maybe someone can pickup and guide me in the right direction.

The client used is the recent 777 client.
U can use to make the client connect to it. The Nksp.exe is modified to run without Xtrap (thanks to Dotsch_2005), and the Engine.dll is modified to use no encryption on network packets (thanks to dsfgw).
Sadly the real 777 client and server do use encryption. so there is a way around that to sniff the packages after they are decrypted by the client itself.
A example on how to do it can be found (thanks to dsfgw)

The 777Lastchaos client can be found
Just install, let it patch, apply my patch. then its ready to connect to the emulator.
Install it once more, let it patch. This is the client to sniff the packets

The server emulator source code can be found .
Its written in C#

The mySQL database can be found
Be sure to change GameServer.cfg and LoginServer.cfg before u start.

What can be done
- Login
- Make a character
- Set new characters start conditions in config (level,equipment,stats)

Where I'm stuck is.
After selecting the character. Juno will start to load.
When its loaded the screen will stay black like it is waiting for more packets.
Even if i send all the packets that the real server would also send the screen stays black like its waiting for more data. But normally the first packet should already make it show the world without the character or anything.
From the moment the character will be able to go ingame the development will go in fast forward. just this one issue is annoying.

Another bug : only characters with a 6 letter name will show up. But i probably overseen something stupid.

// edit
link fixed and forgot to mention that i use .

Last edited:
YEy i has custom title^_^
Reaction score
re: LastChaos EP2 Emulator to be

if you just send the packets you receive from real server even if they are decrypted it could be client expects the same character id you use to connect with in order to let you in game, some games use specific ids for stuff like monster, npc, player. so player would be in range of 4000000+, monsters 200000+, npcs 0+ it could be due that.

best way to test this would be taking all the packets from character list to connecting in game and make it so emulator sends those, if this gets you in game which it more likely will you can start analyzing them and see whats required for all the packets.

but like you said you probably have tested this already just the link for emulator source doesnt work so i cant check out if its done. if not give it a try and it might get you started.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Ah my bad, i changed the link now.
I did send all the packets that the real server would send. sadly that still doesn't get me ingame

// New source uploaded.
Few more packets to get ingame identifyd.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I need some assistance with the login server and game server. Here's the problem

Wizatek - [DEV] LastChaos EP2 Emulator to be - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I think u are missing the mySQL connector

It works now, thank you. But, I can't see the characters after I make em lol. You might need more then 2 dbs for creating characters and be able to see them, also to login to game.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I can try working on the packet encryption.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

The characters will show, just the weird problem is there that only characters with a name length of 6 will be shown >.<
Probably a error i made in a package

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

That 777LastChaos is a private server? Are they using their own source, the official files or what?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

yeah i think they got offcial gamigo files, but not recent bit late onces, like from last year.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

There's full debug info for Engine.dll which (if I understood correctly from the first post) contains packet encryption and stuff.

Last edited:
[B]aSH
Loyal Member
Reaction score

There's full debug info for Engine.dll which (if I understood correctly from the first post) contains packet encryption and stuff.

Quite short if you ask me.

[B]aSH
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Couldn't be bothered to put all 6000 exported functions here. Use IDA Pro or something to check them.

Any idea how you done it so you could view it like that? I use IDA now and then and I aint got a clue how to do it that way. I usually only hex edit once I have found what I am looking for.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yes, I had said in a different thread that Engine.dll exports all of the packets, and crypto functions. An emulator for this game would be simple, and could be written quickly

Encryption is Tripple DES with Custom Key Encryption, every client (ger,usa,kor,...) has it's own login Key and every package that is send between the server & client have a 2 byte extra key data that encryptes the key again everytime a new package is send.

Reaction score

Congratulations wizatek looking good. I know you been working on this for what seems like forever... or well maybe not this so to speak but it wasn't exactly yesterday I made the other thread lol. Keep up your good works.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

hehe yea, i don't know what it is about lastchaos, it just keeps me hooked into it :p

Sadly im stuck right now.
For some reason there are this strange limits in EP2 that i didnt have in 2005 altough im doing nothing different.

In the character select screen only characters will be shown who's name is 6 letters long.

When the world is loaded and i walk around, only characters with a name of 7 will be able to go ingame, with 6 or 8 or more or less will just receive that black screen again.

When i send chat messages, those can only be 4 long or they wont be showed.

Really strange to me since nothing in the packets i send refers to 6 or 7 or 4.
I tryd messing with the packet header and everything without result sadly.
I wanted to make everything work together.
But since a char with a name of 6 long wont be able to go ingame but a char of 7 wont show up in character select then it gets pretty hard :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back