Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[DEV] LastChaos EP2 Emulator to be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
re: LastChaos EP2 Emulator to be

hehe yea, i don't know what it is about lastchaos, it just keeps me hooked into it :p

Sadly im stuck right now.
For some reason there are this strange limits in EP2 that i didnt have in 2005 altough im doing nothing different.

In the character select screen only characters will be shown who's name is 6 letters long.

When the world is loaded and i walk around, only characters with a name of 7 will be able to go ingame, with 6 or 8 or more or less will just receive that black screen again.

When i send chat messages, those can only be 4 long or they wont be showed.

Really strange to me since nothing in the packets i send refers to 6 or 7 or 4.
I tryd messing with the packet header and everything without result sadly.
I wanted to make everything work together.
But since a char with a name of 6 long wont be able to go ingame but a char of 7 wont show up in character select then it gets pretty hard :p

You really need to put together a SVN and forum for this project. Im sure you will end up stuck 10+ more times. By then people will be sick of contributing to a forum thread project (if you know what I mean).

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

i will once its looking like something. at this point its just scrapped parts.

[B]aSH
Loyal Member
Reaction score

being wrote in .net though shows no future for the project being handled on localhost or if someone runs it from their home PC external wise it can be a problem so the lack of community members will slump, i believe once he has resolved the issues with the character names he should convert to a different platform, I'd recommend Java then it can be wrote for both locally and externally.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Some progress..
Fixed the problem with the lengths.
There was some weird thing with the total length of all the strings in a packet and a calculation on that have to add that much bytes in the end of the packet.
Found it out when i accidentally added a byte and noticed that the limits i had changed in other limits.

I also took warmongers advise to use asynchronous socket communication.
It can now chat with other people that are in a range of 50 (meters?) around the character

The inventory was a bit tricky since the packet uses a different structure for different item kinds.
Normal equipment (lv 1 - 72) / Equipment that can have a rare option / Purple armor without set possibilities / Purple armor thats part of a set.

Sadly the characters don't see each other yet, but thats what i want to work on next, can't be that hard

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

being wrote in .net though shows no future for the project being handled on localhost or if someone runs it from their home PC external wise it can be a problem so the lack of community members will slump, i believe once he has resolved the issues with the character names he should convert to a different platform, I'd recommend Java then it can be wrote for both locally and externally.

Ehh... I wouldn't move to Java considering the speed of Java itself. I wouldn't worry too much about it, as I can already sense this wont be a open source project anyways.

[B]aSH
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Ehh... I wouldn't move to Java considering the speed of Java itself. I wouldn't worry too much about it, as I can already sense this wont be a open source project anyways.

Its not in any base right now to be an open-source project anyways, usually things like this stay underground until confidence of the structure is perfectly set. Java would be the best option I always say Java is best for emu's no matter what.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

nofxpunkerbrain is right. at this moment its not in the fase yet to go opensource. There need to be some basic functions working perfectly first.

But im getting closer and closer to that fase..
Entered a multiplayer state where u can see eachother moving around

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I could, just the problem is, the npc and npc_regen database i can't share

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Just opened first .cs file and find that:

Code:
public static void AddInt64(this MemoryStream stream, Int64 value)
{
    stream.Write(BitConverter.GetBytes(value).Reverse().ToArray(), 0, BitConverter.GetBytes(value).Reverse().ToArray().Length);
}

The good variant is:

Code:
public static void AddInt64(this MemoryStream stream, Int64 value)
{
    var bytes = BitConverter.GetBytes(value);

Array.Reverse(bytes);

stream.Write(bytes, 0, bytes.Length);
}

Also I noticed what you have much duplicate pieces of code. Why not make a separate assembly, and reference it to projects?

P.S: So, don't forget about optimization. Good written code, it's good maintainable project.

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

Just another sugest.

If you know that is SVN, try to host your project on one of them: assembla.com, github.com, code.google.com, etc

Cya!

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 AM ----------

I tried to look at all code ... I'm sorry, but author of this project can't be named as developer! ... just horrible code ...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

All in one package with the current progress

Source is not in there, just .exe's

your awesome, we love you!, you said you won't finish on elitepvp lol, looks like your halfway done lol

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

[/COLOR]I tried to look at all code ... I'm sorry, but author of this project can't be named as developer! ... just horrible code ...

Considering im only working with any programming language besides php for just a few months, teached myself everything. i think the code is not that bad afterall. maybe it doesn't meet up to your professional standards but for me thats not the most important thing in the world. Getting it working is what comes on the first place for me. i will learn the different techniques while im at it.
Since C# will not run on linux well i guess it will be rewritten anyway. but since i only know C# i can't do that myself.
So therefore the way i write is not really important

The source u have is old already and i finished a lot more and made some huge changes in the code. Maybe that will entertain u more. u can find it

The main reason why i don't host it on a svn atm is because i havent spend time yet in finding out what a svn is exactley and how it works. Dont forget im new to all of this

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

did i do something wrong?, when i try to create a character gameserver crashes. Anyidea?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

maybe it doesn't meet up to your professional standards but for me thats not the most important thing in the world. Getting it working is what comes on the first place for me.

It's bad idea about coding "it working! the rest isn't important".

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I didn't say that, but thanks for twisting my words.
I know the rest is also important, just this is the best that i know because i don't know another way. Still in a learning process

YEy i has custom title^_^
Reaction score

It's bad idea about coding "it working! the rest isn't important".

Tbh i dont see any problems how hes doing it right now the emulator is still at early stages and could be first one hes ever done, i kinda agree with wizatek about first analyzing everything and creating it fast to see if its right then worry about the other stuff, but then again i agree with you as doing whole emulator like that is really bad idea as it will most likely be really unstable.

Just stick with the constructive criticism theres no need to go around and say "this is bad, you suck as programmer"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

guys, im having a really shtty problem, ill post it here, when you guys are finished with ignoring people, feel free to answer :)

Wizatek - [DEV] LastChaos EP2 Emulator to be - RaGEZONE Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back