Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ Adding newer version items into lower versions.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yes. I know I posted this in my wz editing library, but someone asked me how to do this, so i figured I should post it separately incase people don't see it in my wz editing library.

1.Open your Newer Version Character.wz Where you want to take the item from.
2.Now go to the item you want to take. I will use 2 hats for this tutorial
3.Select the Item(s) you want to add
Slickness - Adding newer version items into lower versions. - RaGEZONE Forums
4.Go to Tools>Export Selection>XML> Classic
5.Save it Somewhere
6.Open your older version Character.wz, The one you want to add items into.
7.Go to your directory, it would be Character.wz>Cap.Img for me. Select it and go to Tools>Import>XML and select the ones you dumped earlier.
8. Now save your Character.wz file. You're Done :drool:
Notes: This can be used for other Wz files as well such as Item.wz>Install, which is Set up Items/Chairs. You can also Dump the entire "Caps.Img" "Coat.Img" Etc. to save time.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I try doing your way, but if I done it, I get spawn the item I imported. Did I miss something out ?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Don't really understand the problem, specify/provide a screenshot?

Reaction score
Also, if you are wz editing for v55-v75 you will need to work out a way around the caps gender thing since all caps above id 1002999 require your gender to be changed to 3.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Take note that adding new items this way will result the new item with no name in game. If I'm not mistaken, you have to export and import the XML from String.wz too to make the item show it's name! :)

Nae-un <33
Reaction score
What version of harepacker are you using? When I open up the v132 NPCs or items I get some ugly looking text.

Reaction score
You must change the GMS wz encryption to BMS encryption for it too work with v117+. And only v117+ since, nexon did some funky stuff with the encryption.

Just remember.

v55 - v116 = GMS Encryption

v117 - v141 = BMS Encryption

Nae-un <33
Reaction score
I'm using HaRepacker 4.01 (I think) and chose BMS. It still comes out really ugly. What version of HaRepacker are you using?

Edit: Nvm, it worked: However, I was following a guide to add NPCs from a higher version to a lower. In that he said to change the version of the WZ files ... I see no option for that unless I physically hit "save." When I do that, I come up with a "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue ..."

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Maybe its a bit stupid biut wz editing is totally new to me, can I just dump all v117 items for example and then load them in my v83 server? Or can I just replace the file? Sorry for this dump question but I cannot find any good reference to this..
Thank you in advance,
Regards

-

Reaction score
Maybe its a bit stupid biut wz editing is totally new to me, can I just dump all v117 items for example and then load them in my v83 server? Or can I just replace the file? Sorry for this dump question but I cannot find any good reference to this..
Thank you in advance,
Regards

-
If you were to do that, you could mess up your .wz
If you are using the most recent HaRepacker, load the v117 Character.wz and if you want everything, just click on;

And then just go up to Tools > Export Selection > XML > Private Server and export all the v117 XML's.

To Import them into the v83, just load the v83 Character, and import each section (Accessory, Capes, Shoes, etc.) In the right area. Make sure there aren't no repeats or nothing.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you were to do that, you could mess up your .wz
If you are using the most recent HaRepacker, load the v117 Character.wz and if you want everything, just click on;

And then just go up to Tools > Export Selection > XML > Private Server and export all the v117 XML's.

To Import them into the v83, just load the v83 Character, and import each section (Accessory, Capes, Shoes, etc.) In the right area. Make sure there aren't no repeats or nothing.

Aah thank you alot going to test this out! I assume I can download the server wz files from internet right?

Sent from my iPhone using

Reaction score
Aah thank you alot going to test this out! I assume I can download the server wz files from internet right?

Like the v83 server wz, correct. But if you mean like GMS v117 no, unless someone already dumped all the XMLs.

And after you do get the Wz, you would have to import them, and rename them all, so that they work in the v83 client. 'Cause some items ID's like 198xxxx wouldn't work.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Like the v83 server wz, correct. But if you mean like GMS v117 no, unless someone already dumped all the XMLs.

And after you do get the Wz, you would have to import them, and rename them all, so that they work in the v83 client. 'Cause some items ID's like 198xxxx wouldn't work.

Wait I don't understand? I need the server wz files too I thought? Or does it work without it? And only have the item at the client?
Regards

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you need the XML's in the servers wz for them to work.

Yes that is what I thought but how to get them if I can't download them from higher server?

Nae-un <33
Reaction score
NPC scripts have nothing to do with the crashing with the game (unless your code dictates so). No, the issue I have is upon logging in I dc immediately on a map (the map has 0 npcs as well).

Reaction score
Are you postive that there aren't any NPC's on the map? Try moving yourself to like Henesys then try.
Also, what error do you get?
And you need the correct Script in the Source file for it to work, then just change the NPC ID and make a new JS file for it.

Back