Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ Adding newer version items into lower versions.

Nae-un <33
Reaction score
JS files are for scripting and making the NPCs perform functions. That has nothing to do with DCing upon entering a map. I'll give it another go and tell you how it went.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
JS files are for scripting and making the NPCs perform functions. That has nothing to do with DCing upon entering a map. I'll give it another go and tell you how it went.

No but if you have a npc on the map which doesn't exist in the wz files you have a NullPointerReferenceExption and you crash, did you check the log files and the server output?

Sent from my iPhone using

Nae-un <33
Reaction score

Reaction score
[This problem is caused by the images/origins of the newer version - v117+]

Ah, this problem. Alright, what you want to do is:

1. Use WzRepacker to convert/save the v132 NPC.wz to GMS encryption.

2. Use HaRepacker and DUMP all of the NPC's from that v132 into .img format. (NOT .XML)

3. Open up the v83 NPC.wz and import all of the .IMG files.

4. When it asks you to replace the files. YOU MUST SAY 'NO TOO ALL'.

Remember : String.wz must be there and after you finish the edits dump the NPC's to XML format and place it into your source/wz.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
[This problem is caused by the images/origins of the newer version - v117+]

Ah, this problem. Alright, what you want to do is:

1. Use WzRepacker to convert/save the v132 NPC.wz to GMS encryption.

2. Use HaRepacker and DUMP all of the NPC's from that v132 into .img format. (NOT .XML)

3. Open up the v83 NPC.wz and import all of the .IMG files.

4. When it asks you to replace the files. YOU MUST SAY 'NO TOO ALL'.

Remember : String.wz must be there and after you finish the edits dump the NPC's to XML format and place it into your source/wz.

Would I have to do something similar for v144 - 117? I'm trying to import the SweetWater items o:

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Yes, as v117+ uses the BMS encryption.

Alright thanks! Last attempt I tried made the items not appear like the stats and everything were there but the icon and equip did not show I didn't know if it were a problem with the way I ported them over or not I'll try it this way

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello! im having some troubles with adding Sweetwater items to my v142 server (from v179 files), tested with sweetwater dagger.
I have the items, can equip them, they have stats, but when i hover the mouse in the eqp window ingame (having it equipped), maplestory crashes, i added the Character>weapon>01332247.img.xml and Srting>Eqp.img.xml to the wz files in my maplestory folder and server files.

I am missing something to add?

Thanks and sorry for necro posting.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hello! im having some troubles with adding Sweetwater items to my v142 server (from v179 files), tested with sweetwater dagger.
I have the items, can equip them, they have stats, but when i hover the mouse in the eqp window ingame (having it equipped), maplestory crashes, i added the Character>weapon>01332247.img.xml and Srting>Eqp.img.xml to the wz files in my maplestory folder and server files.

I am missing something to add?

Thanks and sorry for necro posting.

The item may be a set info item and crashes upon rendering the tooltip. Make sure to additionally copy strings into Etc.wz->SetItemInfo.img. If it continues to crash, it may have newer job flags that can't render and thus crash as well, and you'll want to use something like WzClear to fix those.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks Eric! the SetItemInfo file solved the problem!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The item may be a set info item and crashes upon rendering the tooltip. Make sure to additionally copy strings into Etc.wz->SetItemInfo.img. If it continues to crash, it may have newer job flags that can't render and thus crash as well, and you'll want to use something like WzClear to fix those.
hii, found u again, im done importing the strings for hair and face, but other equipment like caps,weapon cant seem to work.
I've already done using ultimate xml on them though.
"Make sure to additionally copy strings into Etc.wz->SetItemInfo.img. " umm, this one im not quite get it could u explain to me more?
Do i have to copy from v170,etc.wz,setiteminfo.img to v83,Strings?

Back