Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ Importing Skills

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
So I am about to update my v83 skills with the v169 skills so classes have up to date skills, but it would be such a pain to add them all by hand like I did in the past. Do you guys know if I can directly import now? (I can't test as my server is in beta and players would be mad if I shut off) Last time I did wz edits was in v125 when root abyss was about to release;The information was there, just missing the wz files.

I vaguely remember there being dcs when ever I did this because "reached end of file."

Thanks in advance!
EDIT:
So I realized you can't because actions. I added these by hand and never bothered to try to hand add them. Can you just explort(classic) and import them?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Can we do things like modify the behavior of existing skills, or even copy one skill over another skill? (Example, give Pirate Flash Jump by replacing the properties of one skill to the properties of Flash Jump) I'm seeking to sort of "remix" the classes a bit and change up their gameplay and I'm just curious as to how far I can take it. I understand we cannot add actions/skills, but tweaking existing ones to the point of not even resembling the same skill would be just as good as far as I'm concerned.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Can we do things like modify the behavior of existing skills, or even copy one skill over another skill? (Example, give Pirate Flash Jump by replacing the properties of one skill to the properties of Flash Jump) I'm seeking to sort of "remix" the classes a bit and change up their gameplay and I'm just curious as to how far I can take it. I understand we cannot add actions/skills, but tweaking existing ones to the point of not even resembling the same skill would be just as good as far as I'm concerned.

If you know how to client edit you can do a lot to the skills, however if you can't then there is so much that you can do. You can change all the per-existing properties and edit them. Unless you are using v1xx+ you can use my AddAttack method and it allows you to add a new skill with a custom action skill.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you know how to client edit you can do a lot to the skills, however if you can't then there is so much that you can do. You can change all the per-existing properties and edit them. Unless you are using v1xx+ you can use my AddAttack method and it allows you to add a new skill with a custom action skill.

My apologies if I'm kind of dumb but can we just edit the Skill.wz file if the only thing to do is to rebalance damage % and cooldowns (considering a v62 source)? And how about the prior question about giving another classes existing skills just assuming we can only edit xml files?
Also, is it possible to edit the client in v62? If so, how?
Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
My apologies if I'm kind of dumb but can we just edit the Skill.wz file if the only thing to do is to rebalance damage % and cooldowns (considering a v62 source)? And how about the prior question about giving another classes existing skills just assuming we can only edit xml files?
Also, is it possible to edit the client in v62? If so, how?
Thanks a lot!

-Yes, you can just edit the Skill.wz to change formulas and damage, how many hits an attack does, and so on.
-Giving classes existing skills won't work unless you can client edit. Editing the XML is the same (sort of some differences) as WZ editing the Skill.wz.

It is possible to edit the v62 client. Don't ask me how to do it, I don't know how to client edit.

Upvote 0
Back