Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ Transparent Items/Black Name Plate

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Sorry if this was covered already before, but I am new to wz editing and to this forum!
I am having trouble editing a ring and adding black font to it, it seems to only be white. And transparent items (To make it look like an equip) don't work either.. Nothing I can do doesn't seem to be helping, is this normal or am I not seeing something?
Thank you!
Please don't be too harsh with words on me!:thumbup1:

This is version 62 by the way.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What are you trying to edit. Which WZ? And for transparent equips, what do you mean, to make it look like an equip?
Well that's the thing, I know how to change the appearance of the ring, it's just I don't know how to make the color of the font black (Ex: White Label Ring). I went into UI.wz to change the appearence?
And yes, I want to make transparent equips look like an equip. Is that possible?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
As for the ring, the client only allows black font, unless you can edit it somewhere inside the client I believe.

And for the transparent item, I don't understand.

Are you trying to do something like this?

User equips basic sword > user equips transparent sword (which normally would make it look like you have no weapon equipped) > it still shows you have the basic sword equipped

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As for the ring, the client only allows black font, unless you can edit it somewhere inside the client I believe.

And for the transparent item, I don't understand.

Are you trying to do something like this?

User equips basic sword > user equips transparent sword (which normally would make it look like you have no weapon equipped) > it still shows you have the basic sword equipped
I did a little snooping and found out how to change the font color. as for the transparent weapon, that's the basic idea, but more like User equips basic sword > user equips transparent sword (which normally would make it look like you have no weapon equipped) > User has onyx blade equipped (transparent sword has the visual effects of an onyx blade).

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No, the transparent will look like you're holding an onyx blade rather than holding nothing.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well that's the main focus, but I want it to be customized over a transparent item, I already know how to make it an NX weapon.

Upvote 0
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
In v139+
Maple updatethe WZ files adding new prperties in .img
Example:
Maple use to save more space in items.. Use property call "source"

Have the image rute ...
1001234.img/stand/0

Now find you equip "invisible"
Go to stand and click in diferent types.. You can see this

[+]Stand

Now click in zero 0

And see
[0]
...0 ---> contains the item or equip images , you can find the new property "source"
You can search in the rute,all use images n.n

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Like in the picture Below:
Example.PNG - Transparent Items/Black Name Plate - RaGEZONE Forums
Is it possible to make a transparent hat like that? It seems no matter what I do, I can't make it visible on the character.

I can easily make the Grey Headband show as a Canopus hat, but If I dump the files into transparent hat, it will still act as a transparent hat.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
No, the transparent will look like you're holding an onyx blade rather than holding nothing.
Well that's the main focus, but I want it to be customized over a transparent item, I already know how to make it an NX weapon.
Like in the picture Below:
View attachment 152272
Is it possible to make a transparent hat like that? It seems no matter what I do, I can't make it visible on the character.
I can easily make the Grey Headband show as a Canopus hat, but If I dump the files into transparent hat, it will still act as a transparent hat.

SO5NFDk - Transparent Items/Black Name Plate - RaGEZONE Forums
wat

Try editing the actual XML file itself you have dumped.. Although you saved it with that particular image edited to the value, there may be an attribute disabling the item from showing, which is only a speculation.
(I don't have any files on hand).

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Back