Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ [Tut] Adding higher version NPC's on lower versions.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
[Tut] Adding higher version NPC's on lower versions .

Ever thought that in your current version there are not enough or 0 awesome npc's? Well I'll show you how. It isn't hard at all.

Picture you're running v62, 75 or 83. You want more npc's from like v100 this is what you do.

Steps

1) Open and open v100 Npc.wz.

2) Click it then change the number ( in this case 100) to the version of your server. ( if you're running 75 make it 75 and same with others) Click save.

3) Use a program to extract the xml's. You could use this

4) Go to your repack and find the folder wz/npc.wz. Delete everthing in it. When you're done extracting the xmls add the new ones into the npc folder ( wz/npc.wz)

5) Open HaRepacker v4 and inside HaRepacker open up your current Sring.wz in your maple folder. Take the mouse and open it and find Npc.img. Click that 1 time and go to Edit > Remove ( Del).

6) DON'T SAVE KEEP IT OPEN. In the same HaRepacker open up the newer String.wz (for this case open up v100 String.wz). Open that up and find Npc.img inside that one. Click it 1 time then CTRL + C.

7) Now that you have the v100 npc.img copied.( Note you should have 2 String.wz's open in your HaRepacker 1 is v100 and 1 is your servers version) Go to your server's String.wz and click the name String.wz then click CTRL + V to past it in.

8) Now that that's done click on the string.wz and File> Save... Since you're not using the v100 string.wz directly you won't have to change the version when you save because you just changed stuff in your current one.

9) Once that is done use XML Extractor again to get those new xmls and replace the old ones in your repacks wz/String.wz

10) Make sure you have the new xmls in your repack and the new wz's in your ms folder.

11) Now when you go on, you should be able to spawn them perfectly fine and play lower versions with higher version NPC's.

Credits:
Me
Whoever made Harepacker
Whoever made XML Extractor

Proof
sunnyboy - [Tut] Adding higher version NPC's on lower versions. - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Screenshots? Nice job I guess.

Nae-un <33
Reaction score
What should we do for the transferring of v132 npcs? The String file's npc.img is opened as BMS whilst v83's is opened as GMS. Likewise, when saving the v132 Npc.wz to v83, it is successful, but do I also have to convert the file to be read as GMS instead of BMS?

Back