Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ [Tutorial] v83 server directly using v98 WZ.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can someone help me i've done all of this but when I log in the game the login screen, world select screen and the character select screen is all messed up.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me i've done all of this but when I log in the game the login screen, world select screen and the character select screen is all messed up.

YOU'RE NOT SUPPOST TO USE THE UI.WZ STRAIGHT AWAY. OMG. It has different pictures than v83 SO NO DUH THE PICTURES ARE OFF.

Yes i'm raging. How can someone be so stupid?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have edited everything execpt for UI, Skill, Quest and list(cause u can save list or something)

I get the -217blah blah error

and i dumped all the wz files

plz help ^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
-217####### means you have corrupted wz files. So you must of done something wrong with them.

I used hasuite's repacker. I tried every program from 3.2 - 3.5
Only hasuite's repacked it to 83 properly. but client told me its missing files

thx in advance ^^

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Z ok , what harepacker version is this D:

Edit :
Nevermind, i must learn to find , and i've got it.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Anyone managed to get Character.wz working? Everything else is A-Ok, but when I try using the converted Character.wz, the game just crashes before reaching the login menu.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone managed to get Character.wz working? Everything else is A-Ok, but when I try using the converted Character.wz, the game just crashes before reaching the login menu.

Well yes, I've been experimenting. At first I couldn't patch character.wz all at once, and then I thought about it another way. First saving the latest character.wz (v101) as v83 to my desktop. Next I opened it up with HaRepacker, expanded the list and exported only the weapon portion of it as xml and img to a separate folder. Then I unloaded that Character.wz, loaded the one I'm using for my v83 server, imported the .img's into it, and then unloaded it. Finally, I took all the xml's I extracted, went into my servers wz/character.wz and pasted all the xml's in there. Launched my server, started client, logged in and everything worked perfectly. I personally don't mind taking the long route if it's going to be less of a strain than constant errors.

Edit: By the way, I didn't extract one at a time. For those who don't know you can click something, hold shift, scroll all the way down click the last thing you want extract and it'll have everything selected start to finish.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well yes, I've been experimenting. At first I couldn't patch character.wz all at once, and then I thought about it another way. First saving the latest character.wz (v101) as v83 to my desktop. Next I opened it up with HaRepacker, expanded the list and exported only the weapon portion of it as xml and img to a separate folder. Then I unloaded that Character.wz, loaded the one I'm using for my v83 server, imported the .img's into it, and then unloaded it. Finally, I took all the xml's I extracted, went into my servers wz/character.wz and pasted all the xml's in there. Launched my server, started client, logged in and everything worked perfectly. I personally don't mind taking the long route if it's going to be less of a strain than constant errors.

Edit: By the way, I didn't extract one at a time. For those who don't know you can click something, hold shift, scroll all the way down click the last thing you want extract and it'll have everything selected start to finish.

tried , still doesn't work.

help !!!!!!!! when i edit map.wz i have an error !
Elem8100 - [Tutorial] v83 server directly using v98  WZ. - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
dont copy the actions (the numbers on top of the equips)

then u're fine

and dump your wz files into xml

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, I've altered my chairs without much problems. However, now that I want to use the same technique to import my mounts, I've got a problem. The only mount I can actually equip is the black dragon. All the others can be dropped but not picked up, or can't be equipped.

Any ideas on what might have happened here?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, I redumped the XML and it works now. The ones I couldn't equip are the ones who aren't marked as CS items without keys, so the unreleased ones. Makes sense, though it's a pity they don't work. Might try a higher version.

Question. I want to add the Nightmare mount, Pegasus, etc to my server. However, I can't find the saddles in any of the versions I've tried. Any clue on what version I can find them in?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, I redumped the XML and it works now. The ones I couldn't equip are the ones who aren't marked as CS items without keys, so the unreleased ones. Makes sense, though it's a pity they don't work. Might try a higher version.

Question. I want to add the Nightmare mount, Pegasus, etc to my server. However, I can't find the saddles in any of the versions I've tried. Any clue on what version I can find them in?

Try v104 :thumbup:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wait, so can someone provide me the "minimal" list of wz's that I need to convert if I just want the maps and mobs?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wait, so can someone provide me the "minimal" list of wz's that I need to convert if I just want the maps and mobs?

If you don't know them then... make a new account because you're name is obviously a lie.

Map and Mob wz are are 2! :3 But there's others. But since your forum name is iMapleEdit, I"M sure you must know...

There's also 1 thing in Map.wz you have to change but because you "mapleedit" you know it!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you don't know them then... make a new account because you're name is obviously a lie.

Map and Mob wz are are 2! :3 But there's others. But since your forum name is iMapleEdit, I"M sure you must know...

There's also 1 thing in Map.wz you have to change but because you "mapleedit" You do realize that you got my name wrong here, right? Not to mention "you 'mapleedit' is supposed to be you're. you know it!

I'm sorry, but I've found this post pretty insulting. If you're not even going to help AND use proper grammar, then you might want to think about not replying with such a troll-like reply. Does simply naming myself "iMapleEdit" make me a pro at something I've recently started at?

butt > Tits
Loyal Member
Reaction score

There's also 1 thing in Map.wz you have to change but because you "mapleedit" you know it!

I'm sorry, but I've found this post pretty insulting. If you're not even going to help AND use proper grammar, then you might want to think about not replying with such a troll-like reply. Does simply naming myself "iMapleEdit" make me a pro at something I've recently started at?

Gotta agree with iMapleEdit, I've only seen you posting weird advices yourself and if you're just going to insult him, don't post at all.
Maple Edit doesn't necessarily mean WZ Edits. Obviously, it could also be source sided as well as on the web part.

Don't post if you don't know.

Back