Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ Wz Editing Library

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Many things in here are very outdated including the adding new items into lower versions guide.

Slickness - Wz Editing Library - RaGEZONE Forums

Hello People, I realized that recently, many people have been posting the same questions about wz editing:glare: So I decided to make a guide for them.​

Wz editing tools:
Koolk's Map Editor

Official Harepacker Thread
WzRepacker (HaRepacker modified)

Each main WZ file and what you can do with them:

Character.Wz
Character.Wz is where all the Equips are located.You can add your own items or newer items in here. (Hairs and Eyes are also located here) Picutre of a Character.wz file

Effect.Wz
Effect.Wz is where the ring, cape, item, etc. effects are. You can add ring effects, Luminous Cherubim and those capes' effects are located in here aswell. In the version they are in and higher. Picture of a Effect.wz File

Etc.wz
Etc.Wz contains some text/strings and some effects. You can change some text in here. Picture of a Etc.wz File

Item.Wz
Item.wz Contains all the non equip items. Chairs, Etc items, Cash items (those effect things. Not the equips). You can add chairs and stuff in here.Picture of a Item.wz File

Map.Wz
Map.wz Contains all the maps and a few other things.. You can edit these maps through Hacreator/Koolk's map editor. Note: Koolk's map editor wont work with v117+ Map.Wz Files.Picture of a Map.wz File

Mob.Wz
Mob.Wz Contains all the mobs/monsters. You can add mobs inside, Boss monsters are more complicated. Picture of a Mob.wz File
There are more mobs than this. Obviously. But you get the idea.

Npc.Wz
Npc.Wz contains all the npcs. You can add Npcs in here. Picture of a Npc.Wz
There are more npcs. Couldn't fit them into that image.

Skill.wz
Skill.wz Contains all the skills. This is where you make the skill covers. You CANNOT add your own skills/Jobs from newer versions into a older version where the job didnt exist. :grr: Picture of a Skill.wz

Sound.wz
Sound.Wz contains all the music in the game. You can add your own tracks or edit the old ones. Picture of a sound.wz

String.Wz
String.Wz contains Most/all of the text in the game.(Names of items, Skills, NOT Job names in the bottom left corner)Picture of a string.wz

UI.Wz
UI.wz Is the user interface of the game. The gauge bars, buttons, Inventory background. Etc. Image of a UI.Wz

These are the MAIN wz files. These are not all of them. If you would like the know about the rest, tell me.

Tutorials(Mine):
Adding Newer Version Items Into Older Versions
1.Open your Newer Version Character.wz Where you want to take the item from.
2.Now go to the item you want to take. I will use 2 hat for this tutorial
3.Select the Item(s) you want to add
4.Go to Tools>Export Selection>XML> Classic
5.Save it Somewhere
6.Open your older version Character.wz, The one you want to add items into.
7.Go to your directory, it would be Character.wz>Cap.Img for me. Select it and go to Tools>Import>XML and select the ones you dumped earlier.
8. Now save your Character.wz file. You're Done :drool:
Notes: This can be used for other Wz files as well such as Item.wz>Install, which is Set up Items/Chairs. You can also Dump the entire "Caps.Img" "Coat.Img" Etc. to save time.
I will add more later on. This is all i can think of at the moment.

Common Errors:
Error: "When I import a custom map, I keep getting respawned."
Solution: "Check your Spawn points, Foot Holds, and if your xml in your server directory is correct"

Error:"When i use a custom Map.wz and try to start my game. i get a Error "error code: -2147287038(Unknown error 0x80030002) after the Wizet Screen"
Solution: "Don't replace login.img In Map.wz>Objects unless you're changing the login screen."

Error: "When i import a map from a newer version to a older version and go to the map, i crash.
Solution: "Consider the other factors, such as mobs, tiles, background, etc. and add those in as well.

Wz Editing Restrictions:
WZ Edits CANNOT:
  • Add New Skills
  • Add New Jobs

Common Questions:
"How do we add new GMS jobs"
-We Cannot, We can only change the images of the skills to look like the job.

"I cannot open v117+ wz files in Hacreator/Koolk's map editor.
-
So.. Since my program doesn't seem to work anymore with newer versions
Best way is probably to make the map in a v117- and then export>Import it into the v117+

Feel Free to contribute to this thread, I know i missed out a lot of stuff. This is still a work in progress, I will update it frequently. And Sorry its not organized, I kept on adding new stuff as i went along.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: Wz Editing - Beginner's guide.

I wouldn't call it a guide. This is more of a FAQ, as well as a Library. It's still a useful thread nonetheless, good job :) Atleast this wll cut down on the mountain of help threads regarding the same problems over and over again.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

True, I was planning on making it just a guide but then i just trailed off and added all these other stuff.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi :)
This WzMod work for Original MapleStory??

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

True, I was planning on making it just a guide but then i just trailed off and added all these other stuff.
Hi :)
This WzMod work for Original MapleStory??

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Know this is kinda late but i get this error when adding v140 items to v83 channels load and all make sure i did everything correctly but ..

Untitled - Wz Editing Library - RaGEZONE Forums

Thanks in advance for any help.
not very active here but message me on skype 'coder4zethia'

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
All that tells you is someone disconnected.
So can you try yo help me i mean im sure I did everything right encrypted my character.wz as BMS and made sure all the XMLs got transferred and didnt overwrite anything. the server simply doesnt launch. when i switch the files back to my back up it runs smoothly. Also i think i should add i tried just doing 2 items. Inkwash name and bubble this time the server launched but i couldnt !drop the item ... weird

usually it give me the (Parameter is incorrect) error. i dont see how that has anything to do with a character.wz so I just need some help :eek: /bump

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
So can you try yo help me i mean im sure I did everything right encrypted my character.wz as BMS and made sure all the XMLs got transferred and didnt overwrite anything. the server simply doesnt launch. when i switch the files back to my back up it runs smoothly. Also i think i should add i tried just doing 2 items. Inkwash name and bubble this time the server launched but i couldnt !drop the item ... weird

usually it give me the (Parameter is incorrect) error. i dont see how that has anything to do with a character.wz so I just need some help :eek: /bump

This guide is very outdated and Nexon changed alot of things in the WZ files since.
1. by "XMLs got transferred" you mean you exported them into the server directory right? If not then do that.
2.Did you use https://forum.ragezone.com/f702/xml-source-parser-wzclear-add-1075304/ and https://forum.ragezone.com/f702/wzclear-xml-clearer-1065325/ before importing them into v83?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This guide is very outdated and Nexon changed alot of things in the WZ files since.
1. by "XMLs got transferred" you mean you exported them into the server directory right? If not then do that.
2.Did you use https://forum.ragezone.com/f702/xml-source-parser-wzclear-add-1075304/ and https://forum.ragezone.com/f702/wzclear-xml-clearer-1065325/ before importing them into v83?

Thanks for replying! yeah i downloaded wzclear and i think i figured out how to put it in netbeans before and when i went the change directory i got an error so i gave up and tried the BMG encryption method wit hjust my weapons folder and that worked but i still could !item anything.. can you team viewer or something to help me with the netbeans sht >.>

Back