Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ WZ Tutorial Needed Please

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys im setting up my own personal private server to start geting back into coding and wz editing for maplestory again. its been a few years since ive done anything to do with maplestory so i forgot everything lmao. i have used the search bar here so dont start with that and i have used google but i cant find what im looking for. i would like a specific tut on how to add higher version characters like demons and such in v83. thanks in advance

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
that doesnt explain what i need. i dont want to change anything i want to add the new classes not edit the current ones

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
that doesnt explain what i need. i dont want to change anything i want to add the new classes not edit the current ones

You can't add new classes into old versions.

You CAN WZ edit them to cover old classes

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Mallissy is right. You can't really just add a new job in even though there might be one already partly coded but not finished. Basically what you have to do is something called skill-covers and I believe there is about 3-4 guides on how to do this. I personally enjoyed doing this so let me know what jobs you want and once I have the time i'll do them for you because I know people that have tried and only got certain skills working.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well thanks for that and ill come to you for help but i would like to learn myself. im setting up my own personal server to practice on and i want to learn everything from map edits, adding new jobs like the demons, fixing bugs, coding new npcs, and adding new features.

Upvote 0
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
well thanks for that and ill come to you for help but i would like to learn myself. im setting up my own personal server to practice on and i want to learn everything from map edits, adding new jobs like the demons, fixing bugs, coding new npcs, and adding new features.

Normally I wouldn't lend a hand out like this, but this time I will make the exception. I know how to do 99% of things within wz editing (Animations, adding nodes without replacing others, adding higher to lower, action motions, customs, etc.) and if you wish you may add me on skype to assist you for when ever you need help. PM me your skype if youre interested.

Upvote 0
Back