Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

About BLACKROUGE

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Hey guys! - i'm Learning about
Blackrouge DB CAP 110.

So that's Post for who's learning like me to get more info about
BR and test ^^

There was no specific Topic about it that actually discuss the
Blackrouge files in General!

All i keep finding is a Vote about which Files to use
Vsro Or BR files
and most of The comments\posts agrees on that the
Blackrouge is better "BUT THEY DON'T EXPLAIN WHY ENOUGH"

Except that they agreed\said these Advantages and Disadvantages.

Advantages:

- old PVP system (capes).
- the PVP is more balanced.
- more special items are working compared to
VSRO (Stat reset scroll, Skill reset scroll, Item Option Enhancement Scroll, etc.)
- more stable.
- working Prison system.
- working automated double EXP event.
- uses less resources (only ~1GB RAM with all regions enabled).
- No bugs\less bugs.
- more fast.
- working auto login & premium login.

Disadvantages:

- auto update doesn't work without editing GatewayServer.exe (must use manual patcher or
VSRO division to update)
- no Battle Arena
- no Forgotten World

All that is great info for now!

but
what about these can we make
- a New system exp : Coins job - Hunter & trade Cloth
- New Scroll exp: Give silk or Give skill points or change name or remove premium!
- Can we make name tittles!
- Can we add new maps!......... ?!

and How different is the
BR from Vsro Except of there Features!

if you read that! and you know, Please answer these Questions and help more to understand Blackrouge Features ^^

Finally

Thanks For (@
paradise1003) Who posted (paradise1003)

Thanks for (
Blacksheep25 ) to not hesitate to help ^^

Last edited:
Retired
Reaction score
Advantages:

- old PVP system (capes).
- the PVP is more balanced.
- more special items are working compared to
VSRO (Stat reset scroll, Skill reset scroll, Item Option Enhancement Scroll, etc.)
- more stable.
- working Prison system.
- working automated double EXP event.
- uses less resources (only ~1GB RAM with all regions enabled).
- No bugs\less bugs.
- more fast.
- working auto login & premium login.
Those ain't real issues, if you now how to code/bypass them.

- Old PVP System works as well on a vSRO 188 server. I have them enabled and working properly.
- "PVP balancing" is ingame skill and database developer related. Everyone can either balance or mess up the entire pvp balancing, on every silkroad file, even on BR. Is not a valid point.
- Stat reset, skill reset, etc. are working on vSRO188. Even the name change NPC has been implemented, but not activated. It misses 2 offsets being codecaved for the full standard Silkroad functionality. The rest which is not working can be done via teleport scrolls and a modified procedure about using specific items and updating the respective table(s).
- "More stable"? Mind elaborating this one?
- Prison ... meh. Just ban them. Haven't bothered with prison even while using BR files.
- Server Event Schedule text file and configurations.
- Another invalid point. More RAM usage = more NPC/Mob hives with nests spawning. The more "active lifeform" roams around, the more RAM it will consume, regardless of region capacity or service.
- Another database developer related point. Invalid.
- "More fast", another elaboration required here. If it's about "the server loads faster" -> RAM capacity and dependency.
- Isn't Premium Ticket doing the same thing about "privileged login queue"? Auto login is overrated on PServers. There are almost no crowed PServers, alike iSRO few years ago.

<>
Newer instances/dungeons might give you a headache while trying to implement them, e.g. Jupiter A2, A3, B2, B3, Juno/Jupiter/Earth, etc.
No real possibility adding proper Fellow Pet mechanics.
Tight limitation about new mastery tree amounts. Usually, the client is capped at a total of 3 main masteries (weapon, force, new one) and 5 sub masteries (cold, lightning, fire, water, new one).

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Those ain't real issues, if you now how to code/bypass them.

- Old PVP System works as well on a vSRO 188 server. I have them enabled and working properly.
- "PVP balancing" is ingame skill and database developer related. Everyone can either balance or mess up the entire pvp balancing, on every silkroad file, even on BR. Is not a valid point.
- Stat reset, skill reset, etc. are working on vSRO188. Even the name change NPC has been implemented, but not activated. It misses 2 offsets being codecaved for the full standard Silkroad functionality. The rest which is not working can be done via teleport scrolls and a modified procedure about using specific items and updating the respective table(s).
- "More stable"? Mind elaborating this one?
- Prison ... meh. Just ban them. Haven't bothered with prison even while using BR files.
- Server Event Schedule text file and configurations.
- Another invalid point. More RAM usage = more NPC/Mob hives with nests spawning. The more "active lifeform" roams around, the more RAM it will consume, regardless of region capacity or service.
- Another database developer related point. Invalid.
- "More fast", another elaboration required here. If it's about "the server loads faster" -> RAM capacity and dependency.
- Isn't Premium Ticket doing the same thing about "privileged login queue"? Auto login is overrated on PServers. There are almost no crowed PServers, alike iSRO few years ago.

<>
Newer instances/dungeons might give you a headache while trying to implement them, e.g. Jupiter A2, A3, B2, B3, Juno/Jupiter/Earth, etc.
No real possibility adding proper Fellow Pet mechanics.
Tight limitation about new mastery tree amounts. Usually, the client is capped at a total of 3 main masteries (weapon, force, new one) and 5 sub masteries (cold, lightning, fire, water, new one).

Firstly Thanks for your reply, & i agree with you at every point you said and NOTED ^^

But what i want to know is what else other than these Advantages\Disadvantages in BR?!

and what about the files type that players like and attract them to the game!
plus the Features that do that! why?! - you get me on this point!

and what's the thing we/I should foucs on at BR if we gonna dig into it!.
what we can edit\Add into the BR! or it is limited in this point!.

Retired
Reaction score
I actually have no real points FOR the Black Rogue files, it it's just about my opinion. They do offer the same stuff like vSRO, just in a lower term, and mostly missing other features.
The only unique thing on BR is: The flair about "ready-to-use" old capes, old login area during character selection, old alchemy mechanics, and a missing auto potion feature.
But imo, they ain't worth it. Anyone else: Their taste. I cannot say anything against nor for it.

Back