Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Real time character update

(⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to make a real-time update for character details so that player wouldn't need
to teleport to take affecting

So character skin changer which depends on a packet called "SR_RESET_CLIENT_ACK"
in gameserver to teleport the character instantly

i was sniffing packets between server and client and i found that
server -> client 0x34B5 with 2 bytes of "A8 61" applied in jangan town, c -> s responds with 0x34B6 empty opcode, s -> c 0x34A5 empty opcode, then server sends 0x3013 opcode twice , once with quest and skills, items .. etc, another with some other quests and _char table data, then 0x34A6 empty opcode, then 0x3020 with those bytes
Code:
01 37 00 00 2C 00 14 15
that's it.

okey here what i tried, i injected 0x34B5 to client and then client stucked on map loading image.
then i tried to inject 0x34B6 to server as a client respond
but still stucked :/

Last edited:
very nice
Reaction score
client expects you to send the packet 0x3013 (character data) after it receives the packet "0x34B5"

only then you can send the "ENDTELEPORT" packet

and ofcourse it expects weather update & new unique id (you could emulate this easily) but it will not change anything in the gs memory. and that's the problem

here is an example of what you could achieve.

and i'm not saying "there's no way to do this other than emulating packets".

i recommend emulating the packets you only need.

trying to force teleport a player is a pain in the butt and a waste of time.

you could literally update each and everything ingame related with packets other than 3013.

Last edited:
Back