Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Autoupdate (For people with issues)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

Some people seem to have issues with Autoupdate, just like I had after updating my server database. The reason was due to I seperated SMC folder and game server so to fix autoupdate:

Inside SMC folder create two folders and name them "Patch_Internal" and "Patch_Internal_Comp"

Inside Patch_Internal you will add the files your gonna patch. For e.g. if your going to patch a new textuisystem, just create a folder inside Patch_Internal and name it "Media" and then inside Media add a new folder called "server_dep" and inside server_dep add "textdata" and inside textdata add the files you want to patch for textdata..

Just copy how the Media looks like when you extract a pk2, it has to be exactly the same.

Then go to SMC_Indepandant click ModulePatch and SR_Client and then Patch:22 (or whatever) and read patch data, then analyze and set your client version e.g. 1.89 and then click start upload.

Close DownloadServer after doing this, and gateway and go to Database, under SRO_VT_ACCOUNT edit "ModuleVersionFile" and set nToBePacked to 1 for each file you uploaded. To disable an old patch, set "nValid to 0" and ntobepacked to 0 as well.

Regards,
FuriousRage

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Guide] Autoupdate (For people with issues)

make sure there's a proper path for it in media pk2 ... or it'll crash

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Also verify the files once they are in your upload folder. Sometimes if you edit them on your comp upload to root they will get corrupt and if you upload them your launcher will get stuck in loop. "I know by experience"
Good practice is to backup all 3 DBs before you create patch encase something goes wrong you can revert back.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Dont forget to backup before patching either (just incase :))

Reaction score

if, i delete old folder data in my media folder is it okay??
because i want to delete old patch file

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

yeah .. its okay to delete the media folder , to prevent it from putting it all again ,,, just put in patch folder the only thing u changed and want to update .. other than that , already update files can be moved away :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Then go to SMC_Indepandant click ModulePatch and SR_Client and then Patch:22 (or whatever) and read patch data

I cant find SMC_Indepandant and ModulePatch and SR_Client .is my server Incomplete ?

I SEE,thank u everyone .Here i learned very much .

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

i learned thx to you :)

† Working in Secret †
Reaction score

Its can be updated the Data.pk2, Particles.pk2 (and how?)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Example;
for media.pk2 you using
media/server_dep/silkroad/textdata
so for data.pk2 you will use
data/.../.../... :closedeyes:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

pal i told you about this guide because you mentioned at your thread in help section ,that files may got corrupt after update yes it will if you didn't do this :
Code:
Close DownloadServer after doing this, and gateway and go to Database, under SRO_VT_ACCOUNT edit "ModuleVersionFile" and set nToBePacked to 1 for each file you uploaded. To disable an old patch, set "nValid to 0" and ntobepacked to 0 as well.
i hope u got what i mean

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

ahm , error , i update data / particles / media but it update's so fast and its create 3 folders data / particles / media and nothing be in game .

edit : solved

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

ahm , error , i update data / particles / media but it update's so fast and its create 3 folders data / particles / media and nothing be in game .

humm i followed this guide since FuriousRage made it and never get error with anything
are you sure first that you set nToBePacked @ModuleVersionFile to 1 for each file you uploaded ?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

humm i followed this guide since FuriousRage made it and never get error with anything
are you sure first that you set nToBePacked @ModuleVersionFile to 1 for each file you uploaded ?

#solved

edit : forgot to set nToBePacked to 1

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

i have a problem...

i create a new file test in main folder and i make an update to client in smc

but when i open the client i get an update error and the launcher dont start.
I foget something or i ned to setup the filezila client to Patch_Internal_Comp folder to work? or what

Thanks

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

hi i can update eh media files and data and particles normal but when try to update the sro_cleint.exe i got error after the update finish

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

i get this error .. error_code7
and create a folder called media in client folder why?
but when i delete temppath folder the laucher load perfect but same create a folder called media in client :/

Any Finx

Really sry for my very bad english :/

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

well from what i understand , you're not using a proper path . try to follow the guide exactly .. basically just copy the folder you extracted with media pk2.extractor and paste it in the folder in SMC ,and patch it in the data . should work :) .

Back