Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to Change Mob Drops

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok ... So I've been working on this for awhile and trying to find a pattern for the item drops for mobs. I had the issue of 9d Tabs not dropping in Taklamakan for level 75+ mobs. So I came down to a theory which proved to be correct.

There is no definite link for mobs to drop certain items. It is all done in groups based on the items itself. And from there it is assigned to the mobs levels.

You are going to need to use the following tables to change this.

_RefDropClassSel_Alchemy_Tablet
_RefDropClassSel_Equip
_RefDropClassSel_RareEquip

First I'm going to start with the tablets since I solved my error. I have not completely tested my theory with the equipment but from what I've checked so far it will work.

Tablets are more straight forward then items. Which I will get into after. Tablets are assigned to mobs levels by degree of tablet which is easy to see.

whyt3boi - How to Change Mob Drops - RaGEZONE Forums

This shows ... Mob levels 1-7 will drop degree 1 tablets. The # in the ProbGroup column states the % of drop rate or chance it has to drop per mob.

Mobs Level 8-15 will drop degree 2 tablets. and so forth.

ProbGroup 1-12 = Degree***** Just remember that.

So for me I fixed this by ...

I copied over the drop % from ProbGroup 9 (9Dg Tablets) to ProbGroup 8 (8Dg Tablets) and set ProbGroup 9 to stop from dropping. (Running and 80 cap server) You can set to what ever.

I tested this with Level 1 Mangyangs ... I assigned ProbGroup8 to a "5"% drop chance on Level 1 mobs. And the result ...

So as you can see tablets worked as expected. And 9D Tablets stopped dropping in Taklamakan

So now for equipment and weapons. Here's how it works if my theory is correct.

Using the same idea above. Mobs are assigned groups of equipment and weapons using a different grouping though. It is not by degree.

It is separated by tier's. Meaning A-B-C groups for each degree.

I made items to test this and compare the levels with the monster levels which should coordinate with the degree of items and it matches 100%.

So ... Instead of going by degree's it goes by groups of tier per degree. Obviously there are 3 tiers per degree A,B,C and only 1 for 11D "A".

So .. Here's how it works.

Degree 1 for instance ... is level 1-7. Degree 2 starts at Level 8

As you can see.

ProbGroup1 is Tier 1 - "A"
ProbGroup2 is Tier 2 - "B"
ProbGroup3 is TIer 3 - "C"

then it restarts at the next ProbGroup

So

ProbGroup4 is Tier 1 - "A" for Degree 2 which starts at level 8. So as you can see it's assigned to a level 8 mob. Which makes sense.

(Degree 2)
ProbGroup5 is Tier 2 - "B"
ProbGroup6 is Tier 3 - "C"

(Degree 3)
ProbGroup7 is Tier 1 - "A"
ProbGroup8 is Tier 2 - "B"
ProbGroup9 is Tier 3 - "C"

(Degree 4) Mob Level 24 starting
ProbGroup10 is Tier 1 - "A"
ProbGroup11 is Tier 2 - "B"
ProbGroup12 is Tier 3 - "C"

And so forth. You can see the pattern.

I have selected mob levels 101-110

If you don't know. 11D only has 1 Tier - "A".

This confirms it. Mobs Level 101-110 will only drop ProbGroup31 Tier 1 "101" 11 Degree items. It stops after that. If there was a Tier 2 "B" it would have continued to prob group 32. But it stays ProbGroup31 because of 1 Tier "A" for mobs leveled 101-110.

For RARE Equips

The pattern is the same. But it overlaps because SoX can drop 1 Degree Lower and 1 Degree Higher than mob levels. I'm sure you'll understand from what I've just explained :D

Hope this helps.

Please do not rip this and re-release. I do all my own work unless I need help. So if you guys need any just ask. I will post on ePvp as well.

Enjoy ^.^

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Re: [Guide]How to Change Mob Drops

Thanks for the guide! Post on epvp before someone takes your work and releases it and takes credit.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thanks for the guide! Post on epvp before someone takes your work and releases it and takes credit.

Thread already awaiting moderation approval.

any idea how to add new items for drop?
like 13D?

I haven't found the direct link between the columns in the tables stated above. It goes by degree's and tier's.

If you wanted to add 13d to another mob. You can do it that way ... then assign Level 120-130 mobs for example then ... for tablets (example) ProbGroup13 you can set a % like 0,003000 or w/e for Level 120-130 mobs. Considering you already added 13d to your ObjCommon, Item and other server files / tables. It then might read it correctly to drop from mobs.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yea ... After going through so much database stuff. You realize how much we all got ripped off from playing Isro. Now they wanna bring Silkroad-R out. Yeaaa ... Right

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

thanks bro for guide

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Np ...

I've been getting quite a few people asking me about adding unique spawn points or custom ones.

I do know how but I'm not sure if I want to release it. I want ppl to figure it out. + It's nice having something ... "Unique" ... Compared to all other servers. Not sure how many others have them.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Finally a well written guide that uses proper English and explains everything in detail. Thank you.

Now to the questions; everything you stated works, however:

This is what I want, basically I'm trying to set up a PVP server based in Jangan, CHINA, region. I want all monsters LV 1-20 (which are the ones that get spawned in this region, Tiger Girl included) to drop 11D items and stones so people can pimp out their gear (it's more fun than just offering straight up FB from the NPCs and also makes every character slightly different in terms of how geared they are).

I changed the alchemy drop tables. Now they are dropping 11D stones, tested and it works. However they don't drop any equipment, I set all values to a 0 probability for 1-10D pretty much in the whole _RefDropClassSel_Equip and changed the 11D column to be a probability of 1 for rows 1-20.

Now I'm I supposed to set this as a decimal? I figured a 1 would just make them drop all the time since the original rates are like 0.0000254 etc.

For some reason Manyangs were still dropping 1D gear even though all probabilities were set to 0 for those respective columns. They were dropping 11D stones though (I got rid of all the tablet drops).

Also since it's a PVP server everyone will be pretty much walking around capped, I run into the problem that a LV 110 going around killing LV 1 monsters doesn't yield any drops. *Monsters stop dropping things once the level gap between the player that killed it and the level of the monster reaches a certain point.

I've searched and searched SRO_VT_SHARD trying to find something that references to this, closest I've come to is probably that _RefDropOptLv table or whatever is called, I edited it around continuous times to see if I could get Manyangs to drop items to LV 110 players but nothing...

One alternative is I'm thinking of just setting their level to 110 and calling it a day, but I don't know how, if you could point me there that'll be great too. I know is doable, look at SRO Salvation for example.

Then another problem, there _RefDropClassSel_RareEquip does SOX drop rates? Why are their probability values 14.999 instead of small decimals like _RefDropClassSel_Equip, I figured if I set them to 44.999 it would give me 3X SOX drop rates or something, I see your values are at 749,949951 and why are they comas and not periods?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Finally a well written guide that uses proper English and explains everything in detail. Thank you.

Now to the questions; everything you stated works, however:

This is what I want, basically I'm trying to set up a PVP server based in Jangan, CHINA, region. I want all monsters LV 1-20 (which are the ones that get spawned in this region, Tiger Girl included) to drop 11D items and stones so people can pimp out their gear (it's more fun than just offering straight up FB from the NPCs and also makes every character slightly different in terms of how geared they are).

I changed the alchemy drop tables. Now they are dropping 11D stones, tested and it works. However they don't drop any equipment, I set all values to a 0 probability for 1-10D pretty much in the whole _RefDropClassSel_Equip and changed the 11D column to be a probability of 1 for rows 1-20.

Now I'm I supposed to set this as a decimal? I figured a 1 would just make them drop all the time since the original rates are like 0.0000254 etc.

For some reason Manyangs were still dropping 1D gear even though all probabilities were set to 0 for those respective columns. They were dropping 11D stones though (I got rid of all the tablet drops).

Also since it's a PVP server everyone will be pretty much walking around capped, I run into the problem that a LV 110 going around killing LV 1 monsters doesn't yield any drops. *Monsters stop dropping things once the level gap between the player that killed it and the level of the monster reaches a certain point.

I've searched and searched SRO_VT_SHARD trying to find something that references to this, closest I've come to is probably that _RefDropOptLv table or whatever is called, I edited it around continuous times to see if I could get Manyangs to drop items to LV 110 players but nothing...

One alternative is I'm thinking of just setting their level to 110 and calling it a day, but I don't know how, if you could point me there that'll be great too. I know is doable, look at SRO Salvation for example.

Then another problem, there _RefDropClassSel_RareEquip does SOX drop rates? Why are their probability values 14.999 instead of small decimals like _RefDropClassSel_Equip, I figured if I set them to 44.999 it would give me 3X SOX drop rates or something, I see your values are at 749,949951 and why are they comas and not periods?

Thanks!

Try this ...

Code:
Use SRO_VT_SHARD 
Update _RefDropClassSel_Test Set ProbGroup30 = 0.033333 Where MonLevel Between 1 and 120
Update _RefDropClassSel_Test Set ProbGroup31 = 0.033333 Where MonLevel Between 1 and 120

Pretty much uses the low level rate which is a lot ... And sets all mobs level 1 ~ 120 to drop 11D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

^^ Enjoy ...

Still waiting on the feedback from IMOS about that query.

Or is that what your saying worked ? Either way I think both will xD

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

thx so much for guide .. i am trying now to remove all Bolts and Arrow Drops in the Server :DD
do u know what prob group for them ??

i have done it :) >> thx again

heyy .. do u know where to fined the Alchemy material Table :D ??

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Its low i guess?

No lol ... That is the first value for level 1 mobs. Which has a high drop rate. And that is a high rate value. If you want higher you can raise it. But your better off just raising your drop rate in the server cfg.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

heyy whyt3boi

do u know where exactly i can delete the Alchemy materials ??

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thanks for the guide , helped a lot...

Any ideea how to change uniques drop?
To be honest .. I want to remove the 9dg items drop from Lord Yarkan.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

heyy whyt3boi

do u know where exactly i can delete the Alchemy materials ??

Code:
Use SRO_VT_SHARD_INIT
Update _RefObjCommon Set Service = 0 Where Link Between 5051 and 5414
Update _RefObjCommon Set Service = 0 Where Link Between 6082 and 6371
Update _RefObjCommon Set Service = 0 Where Link Between 10501 and 10527
Update _RefObjCommon Set Service = 0 Where Link Between 11499 and 11668
Update _RefObjCommon Set Service = 0 Where Link Between 12554 and 12569

If that doesn't work Use
Update _RefObjCommon Set CanDrop = 0

Thanks for the guide , helped a lot...

Any ideea how to change uniques drop?
To be honest .. I want to remove the 9dg items drop from Lord Yarkan.

Code:
Use SRO_VT_SHARD_INIT
Update _RefDropClassSel_Equip Set ProbGroup25 = 0
Update _RefDropClassSel_Equip Set ProbGroup26 = 0
Update _RefDropClassSel_Equip Set ProbGroup27 = 0
Update _RefDropClassSel_Alchemy_Tablet Set ProbGroup9 = 0
Update _RefDropClassSel_Alchemy_MagicStone Set ProbGroup9 = 0
Update _RefDropClassSel_Alchemy_ATTRStone Set ProbGroup9 = 0

Pretty much should be Tabs, Stones, Equip ^^

I never really looked for the direct relationship between mobs and items. I still think it's just grouped according to level and degree. I will look into this later. Not really concerned about it since we opened up our server.

I would like to find the Uniques though just to try and set special items to drop from them occasionally.

Back