Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to add a item to a NPC

the sound's resound echo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: DOES NOT WORK WITH V16/V17

Well, this is very easy.
We will be using a NPC Editor for this.
There are probably more guide's out there
How to edit a NPC and how to add a item
But I got PM'd and asked by multiple people to make a guide on how to do this...
Lets start.
What do you need for this guide
-NPC Editor (Link is down there)
-Time
-RES Editor

Okay, for the sake of this tutorial, we are going to add a SProtect to the NPC Is.
To make the NPC Editor work, you have to place your server files character.inc, propitem.txt, propitem.txt.txt in the same folder as the NPC Editor. If you placed them in the folder, start the NPC Editor. Now click on the MaFl_Mikyel and find MaFl_Is
[
Jelle - How to add a item to a NPC - RaGEZONE Forums
< Picture 1
Now in the text thing above, you see
Code:
		AddVendorItem( 0, IK3_MASK, -1, 1, 2, 100 );
beneath that, add
Code:
                AddVendorItem( 0, IK3_SCROLL, -1, 1, 1, 100 );
0 = The tab it gets sell'd in 0 = first tab.
IK3_SCROLL = The typ of items it can sell.
-1 = The class it is made for. -1 = vagrant.
1 = Level
1 = Rarity
I made the rarity and level both one because we will now make the scroll rarity and level one.
Click on the ADDVENDORITEM button. After that press on the MATERIAL button. New screen will popup.

Next to search name, typ in Scroll of Sprotect and click Search.
Now you can see the Scroll of Sprotect highlighted.
At the most left, click the 'Shopable' box. Move your mouse to the right and you can see the column called 'Level'. The SProtect should be Level 1 already, if not, change it to the number 1.
The next column is 'Rarity'. Change that = to 1.

Now click CLOSE and then click ADD.
Now click on the SAVE box. Replace the old character.inc, propitem.txt and propitem.txt.txt with the new one's.
If you placed the NPCEditor inside the server files, you wont have to replace :).
Now open up your RESEditor. Open the DataSub2.res
Delete the propitem.txt and propitem.txt.txt and replace it with the new one's.
Then open up DataSub1.res and delete character.inc and replace it with the new one.
DONE! Enjoy!;)

Hope some of you learned more about NPC's, thank you for reading / replying / thanking !
Got any questions? Leave a message BELOW.

//DOWNLOADS//
NPCEditor:
RESEditor:

Last edited:
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Lol jelle i tought u disliked this program :>

the sound's resound echo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I used to.. till I putted 10 minutes time into it and than I fell in love with it :>

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is it just me or does the NPCeditor not work? it crashes right when i open it on both windows XP and Windows7

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does the NPCeditor not work? it crashes right when i open it on both windows XP and Windows7

Dide you place it in the resource folder?

Does your AntiVirus eat it? (Haven't tested the program so can't tell if it dosen't)

One word! Im Fawkin Pro!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Dide you place it in the resource folder?

Does your AntiVirus eat it? (Haven't tested the program so can't tell if it dosen't)

Place it in the resource folder? that is no need :eek:
You can make a new folder, put in the files -> Propitem.txt / Propitem.txt.txt And Character.inc With the program, and run it :p

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So....If you want to add another item [Say like a Snowboarder Hat (M)] Do you find the IK3_code?

the sound's resound echo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So....If you want to add another item [Say like a Snowboarder Hat (M)] Do you find the IK3_code?

Open the material list in the program, search for Snowboarder and you will find it. I think it is IK3_HAT tho.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Open the material list in the program, search for Snowboarder and you will find it. I think it is IK3_HAT tho.

So it should say[With the Snowboarderhat highlighted] AddVenderItem( 0, IK3_HAT, -1, 0, 0, 1); ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i having a question....

i already set Gprotect, Red Chips in Is NPC but when i bought it, it show me Gprotect(The ID already exits), Red Chips(only occupied guild can bought it......help......thanks alot ^^

the sound's resound echo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i having a question....

i already set Gprotect, Red Chips in Is NPC but when i bought it, it show me Gprotect(The ID already exits), Red Chips(only occupied guild can bought it......help......thanks alot ^^

GProtect = Every price should atleast be 4, otherwise it gives the error ID already exists. So change the price (inside the NPC editor) to a number atleast "4".

Red Chips = Not sure, but I think it is because you have to be in a guild to buy them?

Back