Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Flyff - How To Change the Language.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello there,

I wanted to post this hopefully it will help someone, couldn't see a guide on Ragezone and I am getting bored with lazy copy and paste pservers (lol). I also thought I should share that changing the language is not as simple as coy and pasting a folder (more lol).

This is my first tutorial and I thought I would put this as a reference for myself.
This tutorial assumes you have the server up and running and you can log in etc etc
This has worked for me on every one I've tried - in theory it should be the same for any version(?)

You Will need ;

Flyff Res Editor - If you have a server up and running you should have this or look for it..

Notepad ++ -

An English Resource or if you don't have that you can extract from your clients res files most of them or if you want to do it the hard way (good way to learn) if you don't have these then
Google Translate -

Time

Patience

OK so first thing you are going to do is go to your Resource (or extract with Res Editor you'll find it in data.res) you need to look at this file - Masquerade.prj

Open it with notepad + + it should look like this;

leave this open as a reference it contains MOST of the files that you are going to have to change.

You need to look through the text files listed in masqurade and find what needs to be translated (don't touch the .h or the .inc files we are dealing with text only!) Change these to your language save and replace them where you find them in the Resource and in the datasubs - I prefer to use Res Editor instead of Merge2 as it makes me look through the files and get to know what datasub has what in it plus we're gonna need it for another res file later....

Next Step

Open your Resource\Client folder it should look like this (after you click Type);

You need to check these text files and make sure they are in your language if not change and replace. - There is a res file in your client folder in Client replace the files you edited in here and save.

These are for the buffpang popup help guide and etc etc

Next Step;

Go To your Resource folder and look at all the files that are ending in .txt.txt and the ones ending in .txt the big one in here is WorldDialouge.txt this is for your NPC speech pop ups. There are a few files here and you don't need to change them all but I suggest looking through them as you might learn something.............................

Save your edited ones replacing the originals in the Resource folder you also need to save the same ones into your datares's for your client and dont forget to save your datares's after you drag your new files in!!!!

Next Step; (If you dont have English OK / Cancel buttons)

Now to change the buttons - you need to go to your client folder\Theme\Default - this is where you find buttons and symbols etc - you need to look through these files ;

the ones I needed to change;

buttok.bmp
buttcancelkr.bmp

look through these as you may need to change others like this one;

You need an old client of your chosen language or at least the theme folder (I used the official it worked for me) please note DO NOT replace the whole Theme folder or the whole English folder!!
(credits to raventh1984))

Replace the Korean ones with the new ones and make sure they go in the res file - this time you need to make the changes to default.res and save it.

When you are sure it is all the same sever / client files and res's then you are good to go.

Restart your World Server.

Login to your own language.

Take some time while you are in-game to check if you missed any text.

To reduce errors only make a few changes at a time then test it straight away. Always write down what you have changed so you can undo it if it doesn't work.

There are LOTS of files that contain text if this takes you less than an hour you haven't done it right check quests / dialouges / shops / skill tree / items / title text for towns / areas - check everything!

Hope this helps someone it took me a while to figure out.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Or, if you want... Rename each file like "Honorlist_esp.txt.txt" or just create different folders in Theme and have the corresponding language read for the setting someone has it on by using / adding it in to the neuz.ini.

Then you could have a complete multi-language server. :lol:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Or, if you want... Rename each file like "Honorlist_esp.txt.txt" or just create different folders in Theme and have the corresponding language read for the setting someone has it on by using / adding it in to the neuz.ini.

Then you could have a complete multi-language server. :lol:

:lol:

Anyway, who know how to change set name language? like change english to jp or russian or german?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Anyway, who know how to change set name language? like change english to jp or russian or german?

Change names for Set Items? Do you mean like "Blain Set" and such? If so, check PropItemEtc? I don't recall exactly which file it is in but it is somewhere in there.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
:lol:

Same theory as translating into English;

You'll find the Individual set piece names in propItem.txt.txt and the set names in propItemEtc.txt.txt

e.g.;

in propItem.txt.txt - IDS_PROPITEM_TXT_000996 Cruiser Suit

in propItemEtc.txt.txt - IDS_PROPITEMETC_INC_000022 Cruiser Set (M)

just change them to what you want.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Change names for Set Items? Do you mean like "Blain Set" and such? If so, check PropItemEtc? I don't recall exactly which file it is in but it is somewhere in there.

Edit:
I mean character name :D

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
What does the character name have to do with the language of the client?

I think he was meaning special characters in the names.

I don't know the exact location or know how since I haven't bothered yet. Just check around in the source and see where you would be able to include special characters that some languages use. A good place to start checking would be choosing a name in character creation.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I think he was meaning special characters in the names.

I don't know the exact location or know how since I haven't bothered yet. Just check around in the source and see where you would be able to include special characters that some languages use. A good place to start checking would be choosing a name in character creation.

you mean like this?:

IDS_RESDATA_INC_007050 CLASSNAME
IDS_RESDATA_INC_007051
IDS_RESDATA_INC_007052 0차 직업

Thats in resData.txt.txt

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
you mean like this?:

IDS_RESDATA_INC_007050 CLASSNAME
IDS_RESDATA_INC_007051
IDS_RESDATA_INC_007052 0차 직업

Thats in resData.txt.txt

No. An example of what he is meaning is when symbols like "†" were available to use in characters' names in version 6. Later, the developers disabled those symbols. Essentially, the question being asked is how would someone be able to allow, for instance, Hiragana (A japanese alphabet). Like this: "こねこ". In Romanji: Koneko, meaning Little cat.

So, someone should try checking the files with the letters allowed for the language set and also check the source. Also, make sure when adding these new characters to have a font that could support them, or add multiple fonts or something. If it is just a simple "add to the file" and enjoy, cool :thumbup1:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
No. An example of what he is meaning is when symbols like "†" were available to use in characters' names in version 6. Later, the developers disabled those symbols. Essentially, the question being asked is how would someone be able to allow, for instance, Hiragana (A japanese alphabet). Like this: "こねこ". In Romanji: Koneko, meaning Little cat.

So, someone should try checking the files with the letters allowed for the language set and also check the source. Also, make sure when adding these new characters to have a font that could support them, or add multiple fonts or something. If it is just a simple "add to the file" and enjoy, cool :thumbup1:

Ah... I understand now. Does it use any font installed on the client computer? I have never changed the font but I think it's in proplang;

Back