Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Official File NPC Editing 101

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did what you said in the guide but .. Now when I try to go to Flaris I disconnect and there are 2 new NPC's near Dior

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey when i add GREENS to boboko i can just add 1-60 greens
75-120 don't work!!??

what i have to do?

sorry for bad english.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lol, try not to revive old threads. Also, use an NPC editor to add CS easier if you want.

even though this thread is old its still the best guide to add items to a NPC or edit NPCs this prolly goes hand and hand with the NPC editor this is also good starting ground for those who dont want to trust programs and rather do hands on work.. such as my self i rather do this then a NPC editor

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Could you explain more about the values on each one for example (2, IK3_SWD, 2, 15, 200(I know this one is Rarity), 50) Thanks. Because for example in the IK3_SWD part I want to add for example Ancient Sword and its the same IK3_SWD code. Tell me if you know anything about this

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This guide will assume you have the server running with no problems. If you cannot get the server to run, do not post your help requests here unless it is about what I am showing you here.

First off...To do this as I am you will need a few things....

Notepad++..I love this program...and it's free to anyone...

Download it .

To ease editing the propitem.txt you really need Microsoft Excel...I use 2007...

You can download a 60 free trial .

Ok...now to the nitty gritty....I am going to assume you know how to install the previously mentioned programs by yourself...nothing special...just install default.

First thing we are going to do is open propitem.txt in Microsoft Excel...by opening Excel then clicking the open on the top bar located here.

Monolith - Official File NPC Editing 101 - RaGEZONE Forums

Navigate to your resource folder within the Server Files and find propitem.txt.

Once opening it you will be asked some questions about delimiters and stuff....simply click next, then click finish and it will open up to look like this....

(WARNING: If you change any of the setting...or do not follow my instructions exactly..the server files will not be able to read this file and you will have to start over)

Now being the only columns we need for this guide are B, H, M, X, Y, and Z..for the sake of space and this guide..I am going to shrink the columns down so we can see them all....

Now let me explain these a little for those that may be confused...

Column B is the item name....as you see in the picture the first one is the Rodney Axe. So as you look for your items that you want to edit...this is where you look...later on as we get into greens...this will change...they do not name them the names you see in game...but we will talk about that when we get to it....

Column H is the column you will be using in the character.inc later on....it tells the server which items to include in the vendor....

Column M is the amount the SERVER will charge for the item...this is not the amount the player will see until you edit the CLIENT res files and include the same price.

Column X is the item level....we really won't edit this much..it's more for figuring out which item is which later on.

Column Y is the items rarity...it too won't be edited much unless you want to fine tune your items for sale and add some items...but not all in that group.

Column Z is the most important...this tells the server if this item is allowed to be sold in npc vendors or not...this is the column you will be doing most of your editing in.

OK....lets jump right in and add something that normally isn't there :thumbup1:

First we want to find an item...lets say....Guardian Bow...as stated before...most of the items not normally sold in shops are not named the same as in game...the Guardian weapons in propitem.txt are named II_WEA_BOW_SUHO for the Guardian Bow...in Excel on the left hand side you'll see the rows going left to right are numbered...Guardian weapons start at 1424.

OK..now that we have our Guardian Bow highlighted....like so....

Lets do some editing so we can put it in a shop :thumbup1:

First thing you need to edit is the items ability to be in a vendor...that was column Z if you remember correctly...

I already have changed the bow to be useable in a vendor...but yours should have a "=" here....if you change that to a "1"...your done! :thumbup1:

Save it...say yes to the warning...it won't hurt....

Now lets move on to the character.inc.

Open it up in Notepad++...if you didn't get my required programs..then do not ask why yours looks different...or why you cant find it...ect ect...just download it...the program is awesome not only here but in editing webpages...ini files...pretty much anything editable due to keeping the format....

But I digress....

This is what you will see when opening it...

Lets scroll down till we find the Flaris Weapons shop...the guy named MaFl_Boboku...meaning Ma = Madrigal...FL = Flaris...Boboku = The guys name in game.

Now you see this...

Code:
MaFl_Boboku
{
 setting
 {
  AddMenu( MMI_DIALOG );
  AddMenu( MMI_TRADE  );
  AddMenu( MMI_PIERCING );
  //AddMenu( MMI_PIERCING_REMOVE );
  //AddMenu( MMI_CHANGEELEM );
  //AddMenu( MMI_QUEST );
  AddVendorItem( 0, IK3_SWD, 1, 15, 27, 50 );
  AddVendorItem( 0, IK3_AXE, 1, 15, 27, 50 );
  AddVendorItem( 1, IK3_CHEERSTICK, 3, 15, 27, 50 );
  AddVendorItem( 1, IK3_KNUCKLEHAMMER, 3, 15, 27, 50 );
  AddVendorItem( 2, IK3_BOW, 2, 15, 27, 50 );
  AddVendorItem( 2, IK3_YOYO, 2, 15, 27, 50 );
  //AddVendorItem( 3, IK3_PET, -1, 0, **** 100);
  m_nStructure= SRT_WEAPON;
  SetImage
  (
  IDS_CHARACTER_INC_000020
  );
  m_szDialog= "MaFl_Boboku.txt";
  // m_szDlgQuest = "MaFl_Boboku_q.txt";

Now edit your information to match this...

Code:
MaFl_Boboku
{
 setting
 {
  AddMenu( MMI_DIALOG );
  AddMenu( MMI_TRADE  );
  AddMenu( MMI_PIERCING );
  //AddMenu( MMI_PIERCING_REMOVE );
  //AddMenu( MMI_CHANGEELEM );
  //AddMenu( MMI_QUEST );
  AddVendorItem( 0, IK3_SWD, 1, 15, 27, 50 );
  AddVendorItem( 0, IK3_AXE, 1, 15, 27, 50 );
  AddVendorItem( 1, IK3_CHEERSTICK, 3, 15, 27, 50 );
  AddVendorItem( 1, IK3_KNUCKLEHAMMER, 3, 15, 27, 50 );
  AddVendorItem( 2, IK3_BOW, 2, 15, 200, 50 );
  AddVendorItem( 2, IK3_YOYO, 2, 15, 27, 50 );
  //AddVendorItem( 3, IK3_PET, -1, 0, **** 100);
  m_nStructure= SRT_WEAPON;
  SetImage
  (
  IDS_CHARACTER_INC_000020
  );
  m_szDialog= "MaFl_Boboku.txt";
  // m_szDlgQuest = "MaFl_Boboku_q.txt";

All we did was changed the maximum rarity allowed in the group IK3_Bow to 200...which is the max.

Now reload your worldserver....log in and check and you should see the Guardian Bow for sale.

Success!!

Now for the Green Armor Items....

They are named a little different...mostly named after the job required to wear them...and the type of armor it is...meaning...

II_ARM_F_MER_BOOTS_SET_01

These are the F Mercenary Boots in the set.

The way to verify if they are greens or regular items is to look at column X and see the item levels...remember greens are 15,30,45,60,75,90,**** and 120. Regualr items are totally different.

Now edit the shoppable column...column Z remember? With a 1...and your in the money ;)

Open Character.inc and find the vendor in Flaris...

Code:
MaFl_Boboko
{
	setting
	{
		AddMenu( MMI_DIALOG );
		AddMenu( MMI_TRADE  );
		AddVendorItem( 0, IK3_SUIT, 1, 15, 200, 25 );
		AddVendorItem( 0, IK3_HELMET, 1, 15, 200, 25 );
		AddVendorItem( 0, IK3_GAUNTLET, 1, 15, 200, 25 );
		AddVendorItem( 0, IK3_BOOTS, 1, 15, 200, 25 );
		AddVendorItem( 1, IK3_SUIT, 3, 15, 200, 25 );
		AddVendorItem( 1, IK3_HELMET, 3, 15, 200, 25 );
		AddVendorItem( 1, IK3_GAUNTLET, 3, 15, 200, 25 );
		AddVendorItem( 1, IK3_BOOTS, 3, 15, 200, 25 );
		AddVendorItem( 2, IK3_SUIT, 2, 15, 200, 25 );
		AddVendorItem( 2, IK3_HELMET, 2, 15, 200, 25 );
		AddVendorItem( 2, IK3_GAUNTLET, 2, 15, 200, 25 );
		AddVendorItem( 2, IK3_BOOTS, 2, 15, 200, 25 );
		m_nStructure= SRT_SHIELD;
		SetImage
		(
		IDS_CHARACTER_INC_000026
		);
		m_szDialog= "MaFl_Boboko.txt";

After Editing all the greens you want in the shop..simply change the rarity to 200 as seen above and viola!! Your done...

After logging and testing you'll see quite a mess....all these regular armor in with the greens...it's too messy....Well theres a fix for that too...

Find all the regular armors in propitem.txt...they start down around row 742.

Instead of making the items shoppable in Column Z...if we were to put a "=" there..they will not show up!

Instant clean up...do that with all the regular armor items and viola! You have a clean vendor carrying only green items...

Only problem is...now the vendors in Saint Morning and Darkon carry nothing...

But I think with a little work..you can figure out how to put them back...just remember the vendors will only show the rarity items you tell it too...

If Boboku is told to only show rarity 199-200 instead of 15-200...it will clean it up easier...without all that editing of the regular items ;)

Lets see how many people completed reading the guide prior to making changes now LOL

One final warning...some of the items that are in the propitem.txt might not be in your client...if you edit some things and your client keeps crashing when you open that vendor...you do not have that item in your client...you will have to set up a client patcher and edit the res files to include it...or you can simply not use that item.

I have a error i have do your guide but if i am finish then i start world server end hi closed at 5 sec:S:?: help me plz! fast;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
idk if anyone is gonna read this but i hope they do. when i go to open on Excel, i can't find my propitem.txt even when i go into the resource folder it's not there. and when i try to open it with the Excel program randomly it doesnt open. any solutions?

Reaction score
I LOVE YOU.

Thank you so much for this guide, I can actualy understand it LOL.

The "Spoon Fed" Item npc editer w/e thing wasnt spoon fed enough, many thanks my friend +1
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I edit the propitem.txt exactly as you did and the character.inc.Then i use a ResEditor to change the propitem.txt in dataSub2.res . Then when i run my world server,it crashes.Any ideas?Thanks in advance!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Since i've done this my world server keeps crashing , im sure I did all right and when I put the normal files back in everything works fine . any ideas ?

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Since i've done this my world server keeps crashing , im sure I did all right and when I put the normal files back in everything works fine . any ideas ?

Do it right.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That is client sided problem. You need to edit propItem.txt at dataSub2.res to make the price match server's price, the price is 0 so you cant buy it, put at least 1.

do you know how to edit the client to match the price in the server?

Back